Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet with a missing eye, do you mean "Something's Missing" if so yes it's on the Rudolph Nureyev episode.
Or maybe he meant the Elton John epsiode, in which a background characters pupil is missing during Any Old Iron. That is on this set, too.

zns

Reaction score
Say Phil. Could you by any chance add more phots for the valentine special in the episode guide? Please?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I'll try to get the Valentines page updated with new pictures later this week.

By the way, if anyone has any particular questions about the DVD set that were not answered in the review, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

David French

Reaction score
Are the end credits a mixture of UK left-hand and US centred as per the first season set?

Has the cow sound effect been left in at the end of the Julie Andrews episode?

With regards to the Elton John episode UK spot(s), is there a fade to black between the two?

Jenniwin

Reaction score
What a joke - the UK skits have been included on the DVDs and yet the set ISN'T actually being released on Region 2 in the UK! Looks like I'm only ever going to have Season 1 sitting alone on my shelf as my DVD player and TV can't play NTSC.

Shame on you Disney (and HIT for that matter as we're still not getting a Region 2 release of the Fraggle Rock Seasons) - it makes me so angry!

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
The only reason you dont have Fraggle Rock is because HIT wants to see how the US version does in the UK. As for The Muppet Show you will get it.

ploobis

Reaction score
Sorry, but whats the valentines special?
The Muppets did a Valentines TV special in 1974 which was also produced as a Muppet Show Pilot before the Sex & Violence Pilot.

:smile:

David French

Reaction score
What a joke - the UK skits have been included on the DVDs and yet the set ISN'T actually being released on Region 2 in the UK! Looks like I'm only ever going to have Season 1 sitting alone on my shelf as my DVD player and TV can't play NTSC.

Shame on you Disney (and HIT for that matter as we're still not getting a Region 2 release of the Fraggle Rock Seasons) - it makes me so angry!
Ummm...that isn't right at all. I think you'll find that TV shows are first released in their "home" region (for want of another word) first before it is released in other regions.

I suspect the R2 and R4 versions will come out nearer the end of the year, if not the start of next year.

lazylaces said:
Sorry, but whats the valentines special?
It was a special recorded for Valentine's Day in 1974 that is considered a Pilot for what became "The Muppet Show". Check the episode guide section of this web site for more info.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Oh i didnt know the Valentines day special was recorded for Valentines day. [kidding kidding] :embarrassed: