Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Was Carzy Harry in that Specal?
Technically yes, but under a different name. He was called Crazy Donald in this Special. He was re-christened Harry from his appearance in the Sex and Violence Special onwards.

Jamesman

Reaction score
I, too, am rather upset over the lack of Muppet Morsels. The ones of the first season were fairly unobtrusive, so you could turn them on and watch the show like normal, and also read the little factoids while you did. I greatly enjoyed learning more about the show's production, the people behind it, Jim Henson's vision, and the little things pointed out regarding the episode and characters.

I'd like to think that maybe there's not enough information to fill all 5 seasons with, so maybe they'll just keep the morsels on the odd seasons, but that's all just wishful thinking. I really hope they bring them back in the future.

Yes, I'll try to get the Valentines page updated with new pictures later this week.

By the way, if anyone has any particular questions about the DVD set that were not answered in the review, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.
Your review makes mention of there being two different styles of packaging - One with a felt-like front and one with a standard glossy casing. Do you have any more details in how to obtain the collector's edition? All online sites I have visited only list one version without any specification on which version it actually is.

Obviously not the end of the world, but I'd much prefer to have a "matching" set of all the seasons if possible, but I'm not sure how to guarantee getting the special cover.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear from somebody else who hates the absence of Muppet Morsels. I hope they bring them back if enough people gently share their views with them in feedback.
It's really not like they wouldn't have anything worthwhile to say to us about the second season episodes. They could have written morsels telling us little pieces of fun facts about the inspiration for Pigs in Space, other behind the scenes secrets of puppeteering, the introduction of Bunsen's assistant Beaker and many other wonderful things.:cry: :frown:

Please bring the morsels back next time Disney.

Jamesman

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear from somebody else who hates the absence of Muppet Morsels. I hope they bring them back if enough people gently share their views with them in feedback.
It's really not like they wouldn't have anything worthwhile to say to us about the second season episodes. They could have written morsels telling us little pieces of fun facts about the inspiration for Pigs in Space, other behind the scenes secrets of puppeteering, the introduction of Bunsen's assistant Beaker and many other wonderful things.:cry: :frown:

Please bring the morsels back next time Disney.
Absolutely, I really would have loved for them to be featured in every season, since there are some pieces of information that would be season-specific or episode-specific (like one-time sketches, special guests, production/air dates, the crew for that season/episode). But other facts, like information on Beaker or Pigs in Space, or behind-the-scenes info, could be featured in any season.

I'm just hoping the issue here was that by season 4 or 5, they'd have "blown their wad" on interesting info, and they'd rather put the morsels on only a couple seasons instead of all of them. Wishful thinking at this point, but I wouldn't object if that were the case.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ether muppet mosrals or an aduio comentary from ether some of the muppets or the muppeterrs themselfs.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah like I said, I definitely wish the morsels would have been included. But there is still a chance that they might be put back in a later season, that sort of thing does happen. Just have to wait and see. :smile:

But I know, it sounds very spoiled to complain, lol! At least the episodes are available. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah like I said, I definitely wish the morsels would have been included. But there is still a chance that they might be put back in a later season, that sort of thing does happen. Just have to wait and see. :smile:

But I know, it sounds very spoiled to complain, lol! At least the episodes are available. :smile:
Yea but it would seem off if you got season 1 and 3 that have it and season 2 that dont

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know, but it just wouldn't be the first time companies (in general) have produced inconsistencies with their sets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And perhaps they could have had morsels that explain why Lobbock Lou and his jughuggers replaced The Gogalala Jubilee Jugband. Now we may never know.:cry:

The first and second season sets seem to have different styles of features. Perhaps this would be a good list of features for the next three sets:

Season 3:
  • A Jim Henson Retreospective
  • The Muppet Performers on The Muppets (all-new feature)
  • 60 Minutes: Backstage at the Mupet Show (if Disney can get clearances from the company that owns 60 Minutes)

Season 4:
  • The Muppets Go to the Movies
  • Audio Commentary on the episodes with John Denver, Phyllis George, and Lynda Carter

Season 5:
  • Of Muppets and Men: The Making of the Muppet Show
  • a vintage interview with Jim Henson
  • audio commentary on the epsiodes with Loretta Switt, Shirley Bassey, Senor Wenches, Johnny Cash, and Marty Feldman