Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

ploobis

Reaction score
And perhaps they could have had morsels that explain why Lobbock Lou and his jughuggers replaced The Gogalala Jubilee Jugband. Now we may never know.:cry:

The first and second season sets seem to have different styles of features. Perhaps this would be a good list of features for the next three sets:

Season 3:
  • A Jim Henson Retreospective
  • The Muppet Performers on The Muppets (all-new feature)
  • 60 Minutes: Backstage at the Mupet Show (if Disney can get clearances from the company that owns 60 Minutes)
Season 4:
  • The Muppets Go to the Movies
  • Audio Commentary on the episodes with John Denver, Phyllis George, and Lynda Carter
Season 5:
  • Of Muppets and Men: The Making of the Muppet Show
  • a vintage interview with Jim Henson
  • audio commentary on the epsiodes with Loretta Switt, Shirley Bassey, Senor Wenches, Johnny Cash, and Marty Feldman
Nice list but I think it would be cool if we had the Original Unaired Juliet Prowes Pilot as a bonus feature on season three DVD set. 60 Backstage at The Muppet Show would be a great choice but would Disney be able to pay for it?

For the season four set I can't deside which Muppet Specials would make great bonus features.

The Muppets Go To Hollywood OR John Denver & The Muppets Christmas special?

For season five we should definitely have The Jim Henson Retrospective and Of Muppets & Men: The Making Of The Muppet Show. But what about The Muppets Go To The Movies?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I must admit I for one would love audio commentary on the John Denver episode. It would be cool to hear what they could say about the Happy Wanderer sketch. Although it's really such a fast-moving sketch they wouldn't have a lot of time to talk about it while it was happening.
But I'm sure they could say something short but sweet about it never-the-less. :big_grin:

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Do you have bloopers in the season two of The Muppet show?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
No Jeany, there aren't any. To see what the bonus features are, go to the first post in this thread and click the link to read about all the details.

David French

Reaction score
One of the problems with a lot of those specials is that they are not applicable to TMS. "Muppets Go to the Movies" and "Muppets Go Hollywood" were specials to promote the first two films, and the John Denver specials were holiday specials that featured the TMS characters but are not *really* relevant to TMS.

"Of Muppets & Men" should be left until Season Five.

ploobis

Reaction score
One of the problems with a lot of those specials is that they are not applicable to TMS. "Muppets Go to the Movies" and "Muppets Go Hollywood" were specials to promote the first two films, and the John Denver specials were holiday specials that featured the TMS characters but are not *really* relevant to TMS.

"Of Muppets & Men" should be left until Season Five.
You are definitely right about Of Muppets & Men being saved until Season Five! Season Five should also come with the Jim Henson Retrospective.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Muppets Go the Movies is still relevant to The Muppet Show, I believe it takes place in the same Muppet theater set backstage.

In any case, I think any of the specials would be appropriate because they feature the Muppet Show characters (as opposed to the other specials). They are more appropriate than putting Muppets Tonight characters on the bonus features. :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think that The Muppets Go To The Movies would be more relevant for a TMS season set than the Weezer music video.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At the currently touring Muppets, Music and Magic festivals, I wonder if it would be appropriate to ask why there are no morsels on the second season set (assuming that somebody who knows will be attending).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Why not ask I say minor?
After all I think it is only fair that those of us who were looking forward to the second morsel helping be entitled to at least ask why we couldn't get them.