Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

MWoO

Reaction score
Supposedly they were made as intersitials for the Odyssey Channel, similar to the Muppetisms, but they were never used, hence, thats why we have them on this set.
Oh I see. That would explain Frank Oz performing. I was hoping it was done just for this set and he happened to want to come back and do some stuff. Oh well, I still like them and I had never seen them.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hah yeah unfortunatley he wont be coming back anytime soon. But Eric is doing really really great, especially after the Americas Got Talent appearance, his Piggy is almost spot on.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if there is any additional unbroadcast/ unreleased to the public material that us hardcore fans haven't even heard of that will be included on future sets.

With the difference in features between the first two sets, it is fun to speculate what might be on the next set. Could there be surprises in store? Would Disney pay for the rights to something like The Tonight Show or Larry King Live episodes that were hosted by Kermit? Would we get something like Mupet Classic Theater, or maybe the Muppet Time or Mupetism insertials? Would we get something that's weirdly out of place like The Making of Mupet Treasure Island (The Disney Channel special, which wasn't included on either Muppet Treasure Island DVDs)? And I wonder if Disney will start a trend for each season set to have a Muppet music video. We could get the first-ever commercial releases of She Drives Me Crazy and Wild Thing, and possibly also Kokomo.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One feature that might have been great for these sets, but hasn't been on either. The Rocky and Bullwinkle season sets have features where you can preview the next season. One or two chapters in a certain storyline are featured. This might have been good for these season sets. Maybe a "preview the next season" feature, featuring one or two sketches from the next season, or maybe even a complete epsiode. And for the fifth season, maybe a "preview MuppeTelevision" or "preview Muppets Tonight" feature could be included.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Gonzo & Rizzo's friendship began in The Muppet Christmas Carol. :concern:
ah sorry I tend to forget about the disney Movies you got me there. :wink:
I'm sure Jerry would have done it if asked, but it seems they only wanted to pay two performers. I dunno. I still like them. I hope we see Gonzo and Rizzo and bunsen and Beaker on the next one. In fact, that would have been a great pair up for this one. I do love seeing Eric's Fozzie perform though. Best replacement ever!

Oh, and not to turn this into a Steve's Kermit bashing thread, but I think he's not too bad. Though after seeing some of Jim Henson's stuff I wish Steve would try to not make Kermit so goofey and be more a dry wit character like he should be. Kermit was great because he wasn't all goofey and nuts. He delivered lines with great dry wit, almost as if he hadn't made a joke.
I agree Eric's Fozzie is pretty darn close and I also agree about your comments about steve's kermit I know it will never be the same but it wouldn't kill him for him to study jims kermit a bit.

If they were gonna use Floyd (which wouldve been awesome) they would probably use John Kennedy because hes been playing Floyd lately.Still it wouldve been awesome to hear Jerry Nelson again! hes my favorite performer!
Yeah he's one of mine as well! :smile:
I like Steve's Kermit. The voice has grown on me. It's calming to me.
Yeah his kermits voice is ok it's grown on me as well in a sense that I'll never have the same kermit back ever but it's the way his kermit acts not talks that bothers me.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
I agree Eric's Fozzie is pretty darn close and I also agree about your comments about steve's kermit I know it will never be the same but it wouldn't kill him for him to study jims kermit a bit.

Okay, I'm sorry, but if there's one thing I absolutely cannot stand, it's Steve bashing, I don't want to start a fight or anything here, I just need to make a point. Do you realize that Steve Whitmire worked right alongside Jim Henson AND 'his' Kermit for more than ten years? I don't know about you, but I think that's a pretty decent amount of studying.

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Steve is Awesome! He does fantastic w/ all the characters hes taken over especially Kermit. :smile::eek::boo: (Id put Ernie here too but thatd be 4)

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score

Okay, I'm sorry, but if there's one thing I absolutely cannot stand, it's Steve bashing, I don't want to start a fight or anything here, I just need to make a point. Do you realize that Steve Whitmire worked right alongside Jim Henson AND 'his' Kermit for more than ten years? I don't know about you, but I think that's a pretty decent amount of studying.
I'm not bashing him his kermit just isn't like jims is watch them both and you can see Steve is adding his own personality into it.
I have no problem with steve witmire but I know plenty of other people who can do a much better job.
He does plenty of other wonderfull character he just doesnt do kermits personality correctly in my book and wish he would have stuck to his own characters and btw I'm not stupid I'm a huge muppet fan and I know he was pretty much Jim Hensons understudy and just like with some brodway shows you get an understudy when the normal person is sick or what not you either enjoy them or you don't some times you can enjoy them more.
I happen to think Steve is finally getting the voice pretty good it still sounds like kermit is going through puberty at times but other than that its pretty darn good.
But like I said I'm not bashing the guy he does his own kermit not jims and I'd much rather see that no need to get all hostile.
Steve is Awesome! He does fantastic w/ all the characters hes taken over especially Kermit. :smile::eek::boo: (Id put Ernie here too but thatd be 4)
He does a much better job with ernie than he does kermit in my opinion.and I'm sorry you all can think I'm bashing him or being mean but I never hide what I feel and am always honest it's something I learned from jim and the muppets even if other don't agree with me at least it's my own thought.

spcglider

Reaction score
Actually, what really struck me as I watched the Valentine Special was how much KERMIT changed over the years. If I didn't know it was Jim Henson doing Kermit in the Valentine show, I MIGHT think it was someone doing an impersonation. Kermit went from being a lilt-y voiced guy to a very matter-o-fact guy in the Muppet Show. He used to drag out his vowels quite a bit. And the difference is kinda shocking.

So, it's not like the characters have been a million percent consistent over their lifetimes. Their voices and characters changed and grew as they went. Why not accept that Steve's Kermit is just the next growth?

-G