Elmo's Christmas Countdown

Drtooth

Reaction score
And to get back towards the original topic, I hope this new Sesame Street special will be a worthy addition to my Christmas celebrations!:excited:
I also hope so. Repeating my earlier posts, newer Christmas specials are pretty pathetic. It's just the easiest way to get exposure. That's why a lot of REALLY bad unsold cartoon pilots take place at Christmas (Hollywood Hounds, for example). So if they can't sell the series, they could still rerun it as a Christmas special. Oh, yeah. And it will be aired too.

Olive the other reindeer was the last good one I've seen in a while. (Especially the reference to Ultraman at the end, which really cracked me up) Even the new Charlie Brown ones (even with their charm) just can't cut it.

I also hear a Shrek one is in the works. I hope that one's good. The third film, while enjoyable was almost a let down compared with the first 2.

But the simple fact is that a prime time network SS specil hasn't been seen in almost 10 years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But the simple fact is that a prime time network SS specil hasn't been seen in almost 10 years.
Again, you're forgetting "The Street We Live On", which aired three years ago.

Katzi428

Reaction score
OK everyone...back to the original topic of "Elmo's Christmas Countdown":
Sesame Street has been on the air since 1969,whereas Elmo has been around since 1984 (?) Now,I'm not trying to start a fight here,but the powers that be at Sesame Street shouldn't keep focusing on Elmo since:
a) he has his own mini-show within a show.
b) other Muppets have been around way longer than Elmo has (as someone else in this thread stated)
Why don't they just make it "Sesame Street's Christmas Countdown"? That way,it'd be fair for all involved in SS (old Muppets & human residents as well as new)
I've said my piece.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, the nice thing about an Advent calendar is that if they get one of the normal ones, that have 25 days (for the 25 days from December 1 to December 25, leading up to Christmas) then there's plenty of room for everyone to take a turn opening one of the boxes on that day. So Elmo can get his fair turn, along with Zoe, Baby Bear, Telly, Rosita, Abby Cadabby, The Count, Grover, Herry, Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, Oscar (if he'd be willing to participate that is:grouchy: ) Big Bird and Snuffy and all those great Muppets of Sesame Street!:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, you're forgetting "The Street We Live On", which aired three years ago.

Network= ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW. PBS doesn't count as it's public television.

other Muppets have been around way longer than Elmo has (as someone else in this thread stated)
Why don't they just make it "Sesame Street's Christmas Countdown"? That way,it'd be fair for all involved in SS (old Muppets & human residents as well as new)
I've said my piece.
3 words. Mar Ket Ing. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know why it's Elmo's Count Down.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oscar (if he'd be willing to participate that is:grouchy: ) Big Bird and Snuffy and all those great Muppets of Sesame Street!:smile:
Well, he could open up a grouchy percent that everyone else can't stand the smell of or something.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK everyone...back to the original topic of "Elmo's Christmas Countdown":
Sesame Street has been on the air since 1969,whereas Elmo has been around since 1984 (?) Now,I'm not trying to start a fight here,but the powers that be at Sesame Street shouldn't keep focusing on Elmo since:
a) he has his own mini-show within a show.
b) other Muppets have been around way longer than Elmo has (as someone else in this thread stated)
I've said my piece.
Can't say I disagree. Hopefully there will be a back lash at some point and things will even out! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
PBS is a technically a network, just not one of THE networks. :smile: