The 100 Greatest Muppets! By Lisa and Prawnie!

anytimepally

Reaction score
I am very much looking forward to the list and your thoughts, but I don't think there are 100 muppets cooler than Sherlock Hemlock and Frazzle.. it's just not possible

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hello there! Here's the begining of the actual countdown part of the countdown, as opposed to the 'honorable mentions' part of the countdown. Now we're actually counting down. Here we go, starting with 100!

100. Hoggle (The Labyrinth)

P - The guide to the Labyrinth! What a strange thing. No, not Hoggle, well, yes okay, Hoggle, but not because of how he looks, but because he knows the Labyrinth so well. Honestly, how much time does he spend in that thing? Oh, and the reason he's 100? Because we didn't want hate mail because we didn't include Labyrinth characters.
L - ...I think you said it all.
P - Really? Because I could go and argue about how we should've included Sir Didymus instead. Are you sure I've said it all?
L - ...No... But I've only seen Labyrinth once, so I'm no great authority in the matter...
P - Well, me too, but still!
L - I bet you were paying more attention than I was.
P - Yes, probably. *coughs* *waggles eyebrows* No! Not because I was there! Because- oh, NEXT!
L - <giggles>

99. Bill the Bubble Guy (Muppets Tonight!)

L - I haven't seen him, but apparently he blows bubbles out of his head.
P - Yes, he's Bill, and bubbles come out of his head. Not much more too him. THAT IS, unless you're a Muppet fan who distinctly and deeply analyzes every fabric (no pun intended) of the character's mind! Then he's an extremely deep character.
L - Well, of course he's deep! The bubbles have gotta come from somewhere...
P - Ah! That's fun-NY!
L - Wocka wocka!
P - I thought we were talking about Bill?
L - We are. Or, we were. And then we digressed. Should we move on?
P - Why not?

98. Annie Sue (The Muppet Show)
P - Louise Gold demanded to be on this list, and this is the only character of hers I could think of.
L - ...Yes, that. And, Annie Sue is Piggy's competition. She really means no harm at all; she's just a nice, blonde, female pig who happens to enjoy show biz and made the mistake of showing up at the Muppet Theater, which is very distinctly Miss Piggy's turf. You've gotta feel sorry for her.
P - Indeed I do. You know, I think Piggy has a problem with other blonde pigs, she utterly despises poor Annie Sue and Link is like torture to her. Interesting.
L - Hm! Interesting, indeed! Think it might have to do with her showing up to the MWoO premier as a brunette for no apparent reason?
P - HA! Well, I hope not, since that was one of the worst looks she's ever tried...
L - Oh, I agree, but I think I'm biased in that.
P - Yes, I know, trust me, I know.
L - I take PRIDE in my NATURALLY brown hair. <Ahem> Anyway, Piggy's later. This is Annie's slot. Poor thing can't go anywhere without Piggy haunting her...
P - Indeed, what a shame. Anyway, LOVED her in 'The Rhyming Song.' There, I said something on topic, next!

97. Mildred Huxtetter (The Muppet Show)

P - Yes, that IS how you spell her last name! I had no idea! Her last name has been spelled differently more times than there were puppeteers performing her!
L - Frustrating, isn't it? And she has SUCH a long list of abreviations after her name, including R.S.V.P. But come to think of it, I think that list might change every time, too.
P - I think so too! Although weren't they only mentioned once or twice? I know they talked about it in the Muppet Morsels at least once...
L - I'm not sure. All I know is that I looked it up for Swamp Call, and I had Rowlf joke that she needed more initials, and I don't think anyone commented on it, which depressed me slightly, because I put a lot of work into finding those initials.
P - Awww, well, I'm sorry about that. The only time I've used Mildred was in We Know That It's Probably Magic, and I know I misspelled her last name. ...Thank goodness for Muppet Wiki!
L - Oh, indeed. OH! Should we mention that part of our reasoning for putting her on the list was that Beau would strangle us if we didn't?
P - Oh, yes, indeed, I think that was our main reason, actually.
L - I think so too. So now that we've saved ourselves from strangling, at least temporarily... Did we have anything else to say about her?
P - Uhh... she... has a large snout.
L - ...And she got caught on a chandelier once.
P - Oh yeah.
L - ...Anything else?
P - Mildred is to Beau as Hilda is to Prawnie?
L - Except that, to the best of my knowledge, Mildred has never dragged an unconcious Beau into a closet and... Um... You know what, forget I said that. Let's not get into it.
P - *blink* ...NEXT!
L - Good idea.

96. Blind Pew (Muppet Treasure Island)

L - I LOVE that guy!
P - He felt up a moose face, thinking it was a pretty little girl. Then he felt up Jim Hawkins, thinking he was a pretty little girl, when, in reality, the moose was closer to a pretty little anything than the kid who played Jim Hawkins was.
L - Oh, be nice, the kid had a pretty little voice. And anyway, Blind Pew had one of my FAVORITE lines of the entire movie. "I sink I smell somesing burning, no?" You know when he says that? When he is SURROUNDED BY FIRE. Gotta love it.
P - Oh, of course! Although, it would've also been funny if he said "Is someone smoking in here?" But they left Pepe to tackle the no smoking issue in MFS.
L - ...You know, now that I'm actually thinking through the scene, I have to correct you. He doesn't think the moose is a pretty little girl. He thinks it's Billy Bones.
P - Oh. Oh yeah. Curse your memorizational skills. ...Did I just make that word up?
L - No, actually, I don't think so, but I'll add it to the PTD anyway. And I can't help it if I've watched that movie more times in a row in a single day than anyone other than the Count von Count himself would care to count... But we're digressing! There is SO much more to rave about Blind Pew! We haven't even mentioned the cat yet!
P - HAHA! Oh yes, he trips over a cat, what a fantastic scene, totally defines the way the character in the movie is a complete opposite to that of Pew in the book. The Pew in the book (for anyone who hasn't read it) is a complete FRIGHT, seriously!
L - Oh, indeed. He lives up to the 'fright' personality much better in the Muppet Treasure Island computer game that I have two copies of and no one else in the world seems to believe exists. He occasionally just sort of randomly walks by the window with scary music, and it's REALLY creepy. Just for that, I would've tried to get to Billy's room as fast as possible every time I played, except that if you clicked the Benbow Inn sign random dishes would fly out of the kitchen and break... That was fun.
P - HA! Oh, now THAT sounds like a computer game I'd enjoy playing.
L - Oh, believe me, it is! Or, it was. I think it only worked for Windows 95... <Sigh.> But it was SO much fun! And at the end you got to watch clips from the movie. I spent hours upon hours upon hours playing that game, in case you couldn't tell.
P - I could. But I don't blame you one bit. So, shall we move on? Or is there more on Pew we need to say?
L - Um, let's see... Pretty little girl, cat, moose, book, game, something burning... Oh, there IS more to say! "I may be visually challenged, but I can SEE you're lying!" And then he hear's Billy's gun and goes FLYING across the room and it's AWESOME!
P - YES! I LOVE that, he's got so much bounce to him! That's how I like to imagine Uncle Deadly.
L - Ooh, cool. Well, aren't they both Jerry?
P - Yes ma'am! And before I saw Uncle Deadly that's how imagined him sounding.
L - Hmm! ...Did we have more to say?
P - ...No, I don't think so.
L - I don't think so either. NEXT!

95. The Ghost of Christmas Present (The Muppet Chirstmas Carol)

P - Didn't we already do him?
L - I don't know. Come in, and know me better, man!
P - Did I say that already?
L - You did, yes. Here, let's go walk through this wall and change size and- How did you know that this is Bob Cratchit's house?
P - I know everything. I'm Santa Claus.
L - <Blink> And here I thought you were the Duke of Chutney. Well, whoever you are- come in, and know me better, man! ...Did I already say that?
P - You did, yes. Can I sing my song now?
L - Only if you change size so that you can sing with the mice, too.
P - ...Crud...
L - But all jokes aside, the Ghost of Christmas Present is an AWESOME, happy guy, and yet he teaches Scrooge some AWESOME, bitter, stab-you-where-it-hurts-the-most lessons. For a guy who can't even remember his last sentence, he does a pretty good job of throwing Scrooge's own words back at him. "But then, if he's going to die, he'd better do it! And decrease the surplus population!" It hurts extra coming from such a happy guy.
P - SHA! You've got that ri- correct, half! I also love that he forgets his sentences, shows that he can only remember the present, and not what he's just said in the past.
L - As he says himself, "My mind is filled with the here and now. And the now is, CHRISTMAS!" And he's got an awesome song about it, too.
P - Yeah, one that you won't let me sing...
L - Well it's just that we ramble enough WITHOUT bursting into song, tempting though it is...
P - Good point. Here, how 'bout this, all you readers out there! Start playing your copy of "It Feels Like Christmas." If you don't have a copy... well, we'll see how much longer we communicate.
L - ...You COULD just, y'know, offer to send it to them... In the spirit of Christmas generosity...
P - But it's the end of July.
L - So? Aren't you supposed to keep Christmas with you all through the year? Isn't that what Sesame Street says? And why on earth is the Jewish girl the one preaching about Christmas?
P - ...I think we should move on.
L - Probably.
P - *does so* ...I guess I really didn't need to type this, did I?
L - No, not really, but we love you anyway.
P - Aww.

94. George the Janitor (The Muppet Show)

L - He found the Rag Mop act! How many Muppets, aside from Kermit, actually find acts for the show? Not very many, that's how many.
P - Yes, that's how many. And he was Mildred's eternal dancing partner until Beau decided to sweep her off George's feet.
L - Mm-hm, and he certainly does have a... unique style of dancing.
P - Well, yeah, he practices with a mop, what can you expect?
L - We should probably clarify that when we said Beau swept Mildred off her feet and Beau would strangle us if Mildred wasn't included, we mean Beau the member of Muppet Central, not Beau the janitor Muppet.
P - Yes, exactly. But you know, that would make an interesting story. Beau stealing George's dancing partner and his job.
L - Don't get me started. You never know when Vim might be taking notes for Flippersteps. Or starting up a new story altogether. GAH! VIM! STOP THAT!
P - ...Sorry 'bout that folks. Anyway, I really did like George, he let Frank be mean, which he only got to do in a girly voice, what with Fozzie being Fozzie and Grover being Grover.
L - Yeah, I always felt like Frank didn't get enough chances to play the grumpy old man since, although Statler and Waldorf got shifted around a few times, Frank was Fozzie, and had to interact with them, so...
P - Hehe, this is very true. But I guess Frank's only angry characters that stayed around were Piggy and Bert. Bert really wasn't that angry, but... he was just... annoyed. And boring.
L - And awesome in his own pigeon-obsessed way, but we'll get to him later.
P - Yes. Shall we move on?
L - Might as well.

93. Betina and Belinda Cratchit (The Muppet Christmas Carol)

L - Five words. "May I have his dinner?"
P - ...Do we really need to say anymore? ...Yes, I do. Steve and Dave are HILLARIOUS as these two, gosh how I wish they would've been what became Andy and Randy in Muppets Tonight... but anyway, I absolutely love that they did them as a way to completely make fun of Frank and his girly voice.
L - Yeah, anyone who really thought we'd keep it at just those five words, forget it! I LOVE these two! They are SOOOOO mini-Piggy's, and she can't even get their names right! It's AWESOME!
P - I KNOW! That is SO how I see the frog and the pigs kids, I just can't see a boy pig coming from Piggy. But anyway, I also love that they seem to be the favorites of the family and poor little Peter is just ignored.
L - Well of COURSE he's ignored. Betina and Belinda followed their mother's instruction and example on how to get attention. "DADDY!" And they TACKLE him! My sisters and I used to do that when my dad came home, but for heaven's sake, WE didn't knock OUR dad against the door! The only reason Tiny Tim gets any attention in that family is because he's sick and he's played by Robin and stop me there, PLEASE, in everyone's best interest, DON'T let me go on a Robin tangent!
P - Yes, please, I think we better just go on now... unless there's more you wanna say?
L - I love those two pigs.
P - Yeah, me too.

92. Yorrick (Sam and Friends and The Muppet Show)

L - He's a frog-eating purple skull.
P - He ate Kermit! What other Muppet can say that? ...Wait... what other Muppet CAN'T say that?
L - You want me to start listing them? There's Piggy, Fozzie, Robin, Rowlf...
P - I'm not possitive about Gonzo. ...Or Rizzo.
L - Yeah... Anyway, on a more definite note, how many skulls are purple?
P - ...Uhh... well, only the ones that are color dyed.
L - I think Yorrick is a natural purple.
P - Well, I wouldn't put it past Piggy to dye him to make him look better.
L - Oh neither would I, but Yorrick was a Muppet before Piggy was.
P - Yes! And it's amazing that he's made it past all the hiding Piggy's tried to do with those pre-herself Muppets and the government and... it's really just a big mess.
L - Mm-hm. But how would bring a lawsuit against a purple skull? ...I think I'm just fixated on the concept of a purple skull...
P - It's a Muppet, there doesn't need to be an explanation for a purple skull.
L - Oh I never said there needed to be. I'm just fixated on the concept! How the heck did Jim come up with this stuff, y'know? A purple skull... weird. And so awesome, and so Muppet!
P - Sha! Gotta love Jim for that, and so much more. ...Who performed Yorrick, anyway?
L - ...Maybe a purple skeleton?
P - *blink* Wouldn't that be AWESOME?
L - YES! And also... quite creepifying.
P - Terribly quite.

91. Mahna Mahna and the Snowths (The Muppet Show)

L - Do doo do do do.
P - Mahna Mah- *ahem* Anyway... possibly the greatest act to ever come from The Muppet Show. I mean, could you imagine Jim's thought process on this? "I'm gonna take some completely random, obscure, German song and turn it into an entertainment icon."
L - "An entertainment icon to be used in countless commercials and to be loved by millions of Muppet fans and..." Yeah, I could kinda see Jim thinking that, actually. This IS the same guy who came up with a purple skull. But anyway, what's NOT to love about Mahna Mahna?
P - NOTHING! There is nothing NOT to love about Mahna Mahna! He's just such a cool puppet! And the song has been repeated by me, and my friends, and my social studies teacher countless times. I love it.
L - Nyssa and Leyla and I did it a few times, too. And I've done it with some of my other friends, and I'll probably round up a few "Snowths" in college more than a few times, and... Yeah. I love it.
P - Haha! Me and Layla did it once or twice too! Oh, and of course, it spawned the screen name of one of my favorite members here! Where would D'Snowth be without these characters? He'd be Courage Badge, that's where.
L - Courage Badge is a place?
P - If I want it to be, yes.
L - Okay, if you say so...
P - Moving on?
L - That's the end. Well, I mean, not THE END, I mean we've got ninety to go, but... We've done our ten for the night. Or for the post, if you're up for another ten tonight.
P - *blink* Well, seeing as I have a mad voting spree to go on... why not?
L - Sounds good to me!
P - But post this first, eh?
L - Aye.
P - Well hop to it lassie!
L - I will, as soon as you stop talking so I can stop having to copy and paste everything into the post!
P - *does*
L - Thank you.
P - You're welcome.
P - Oops.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
And here we are again, the exhausted counters down... we present to you now numbers 90-81, with a few twists! :wink:

90. Digit (The Jim Henson Hour)
P - I really like Digit, though I've never actually him. He has a game on Muppets Party Cruise though! It's one of my favorites!
L - And Kermit and Waldo went inside his head once and made him do the Locomotion. I think Leon might've been there too. I don't know, though, I never actually saw it, I just read it online.
P - Haha! I never knew that! How cool! Oh, and he's a Dave character, which gives him big props.
L - Naturally.
P - Is that it?
L - I think so, yeah.
P - Can we get away with saying that little?
L - Well, we could always say more... Wasn't he in the "Sweet Vacation" number?
P - Yes! He was, as a part of the Solid Foam Band! Which gives him even more props!
Ooh, nifty!
P - You forgot the L.
L - I did, I see that. Sorry.
P - S'okay, I can fix it in editing. ...But if I did it wouldn't really make any of this logical... so I won't.
L - Meh, who needs logic? Anyway, yes, Solid Foam, one of the two forgotten Muppet bands.
P - What's the other?
L - I forgot.
P - Ah ha ha! These are the yolks, folks!
L - Rotten though they may be...
P - ...Moving on.
L - I was refering to my jokes, not yours, with that rotten thing...
P - Oh. ...Okay.

89. Lewis Kazagger (The Muppet Show)
L - Muppet Sports!
P - The Wild World of!
L - That, and the Mallory Gallery.
P - Was just about to say that, it's still probably my favorite scene in the whole movie. I love Scooter selling popcorn, and Floyd cheering them on, and Pops heckling Beaker's pitching, and Lew batting with a fish.
L - I love it when Scooter says, "Popcorn, chicken?" And yeah, just the whole scene, and all the commentary from Lewis. "It looks like ladies night tonight..."
P - Hehehe! Yes, I love that whole scene... anyway, yeah, Lewis, great, and another character with an impossible to spell last name.
L - I think Muppets just have an aversion to last names. Either they don't have them, or they're impossible to spell. ...Or they're Link Hogthrob, but we'll get to him later.
P - Indeed we will. So shall we get on that?
L - We might as well.

88. Wayne and Wanda (The Muppet Show)
L - Pardon me whilst I wax philosophical, but Wayne and Wanda are the embodiment of a MAJOR part of the Muppets that goes something like this: "Let's try and fail and try and fail and try and fail and try and fail and try and fail again and again and again until they kick us out."
P - How do you wax philisophical?
L - It's kind of like waxing a car, but it's more philisophic.
P - ...That isn't a difficult feat, I imagine. Anyway, yes, Wayne and Wanda really do show the Muppet spirit, try and try and try, no matter what Disney tells you!
L - Until you get fired, in which case, just come back in a few years and guilt trip whoever fired you...
P - Yes. ...So maybe we should be comparing them to the Muppets with the Jim Henson Company? ...Why am I in such a company bashing mood tonight?
L - I have no idea. Maybe you're just feeling impatient for the TMS season 2 set.
P - 10 days. *ahem* On the bright side, I currently have no problems with Sesame Workshop.
L - Oh good. Anyway, as we were saying, Wayne and Wanda very much embody the determination shown in all Muppets and the utter failure shown in most Muppets.
P - Yes. And Sam likes them, which is incredible. They are Muppet after all.
L - Oh, Sam has to make SOME exceptions to the all-Muppets-are-sick-and-weird-and-despicably-un-American rule. He's a Muppet too, after all.
P - This is true, but, like all the others, will get to him later. As for Wayne and Wanda... I think "Row, Row, Row" is my favorite sketch of theirs, what's yours?
L - Hm... Either "Some Enchanted Evening" or "I Get a Kick Out of You." But probably "Some Enchanted Evening."
P - Ah, yes, love both of 'em! Anyway, shall we continue?
L - Yes, we shall.

87. Angel Marie (Muppet Treasure Island and The Muppets' Wizard of Oz)
L - "Aye. Aye." Oh, great, here I go reciting...
P - You know, I really always loved him saying "aye" twice, it made me think, the first time I saw it, that he ate someone named Marie, so he got two names, and said "aye" for both of them.
L - Ooh, that is a FUN theory. I always just thought that he and Big Fat Ugly Bug Face Baby Eating O'Brian got switched at birth.
P - Yes, I thought that too, but only after I saw Big-Fat-What's-Her-Face.
L - Big Fat Ugly Bug Face Baby Eating O'Brian. And she comes before Angel Marie.
P - Well then I guess I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. I'm glad you're here to show me up. You know, I think that may be every woman's goal in life, to show me up, but I digress, and I like Angel Marie.
L - Me too. And as for the showing-up thing... At least you don't live in a house of all girls. My dad is SO grateful on the rare occasion that one of us sides with him... But anyway. Yes. Angel Marie. Cool guy.
P - But he does have that spanking thing as revealed in MWoO which was... hillarious but... strange.
L - ...So, do you have a strange quirk of remembering every time the Muppets talk about spanking, or do I have a strange quirk of blocking it out?
P - *blink* Umm... probably both. I think it's a half thing, I see it head (or butt) on, and you block it out.
L - Oh. So we compensate for each other. That works.
P - And we conversate each other. ...Another PTD entry... anyway, shall we keep going?
L - Yes indeed.

86. The Toms (Muppet Treasure Island)
P - What is it with all these pirates?
L - ...It may have to do with my ability to do an EXCELLENT Captain Jack Sparrow impression, and it may have to do with my absolute adoration of Muppet Treasure Island, and it may have to do with the fact that pirates are quite simply amazing.
P - And all of those things lead up to our featured characters, Old Tom, Really Old Tom, and of course, Dead Tom.
L - Especially Dead Tom.
P - She almost didn't let the other Toms on the list.
L - Oh indeed. Dead Tom is just the best, hands down. ...He's a skeleton. What's with my fixation with Muppet bones? That kind of stuff usually disgusts me... Or at least, it did in Biology class...
P - How odd. But, yeah, having a DEAD Tom... that is SUCH a Muppet thing to do. I'm trying to remember if there was an Old Tom, or even a Tom in the book... oh yeah! There was a character named Tom Morgan, who I assume became Clueless, but who knows.
L - I dunno. I read the book in school and didn't like it because it wasn't as good as the Muppets, and then we had to watch this incredibly boring movie version that NO ONE in the class liked, and I just sat there reciting Muppet Treasure Island in my head. But I digress. I seem to recall that the purpose of Dead Tom was so that somebody could get shot when the pirates tried to revolt against Long John and he told Jim to get away before things got messy and there's this sentimentalish moment where Jim says "Why are you doing this for me?" And Long John says, "Because I like you, boy! I hope you didn't think I was lying about that." And then the pirates roar, and Long John says, "Run!" So Jim runs, and Long John shoots, so someone had to get shot.
P - ...Yes... someone DID get shot, you were paying attention. By the way, what's the name of the pirate who kisses Dead Tom after Long John shot him? And who would carry around that bag of bones throughout the island anyway?
L - I have no clue, but I like that guy too.
P - Yeah, the guy who told him "Dead Tom's always been dead, etc." is called Spotted Dick, I think. And I also think there was a character named Dick in the book.
L - Possible. Like I said, I don't remember much of the book. I should reread it sometime when it's not for a grade. But anyway, yeah... The guy who cries about Dead Tom's death is also awesome. But Dead Tom just plain rocks.
P - And I'd like to say that I like Old Tom, he's fun in MWoO.
L - I don't think he would've happened without Dead Tom, though. Old Tom's the set up and Dead Tom's the punchline. They thought of the punchline first, not the setup.
P - This is true. But could you see Dead Tom on a motorcycle?
L - ...Honestly? Yes. You forget, Prawnie, I'm around motorcycles all the time. There's three of them in my garage. So, while Dead Tom would probably have little control of the clutch, brake, accelerator, and gear shift, and would thus crash often and have insanely high insurance, I COULD see him on a motorcycle.
P - ...Aweosme. Next?
L - Next.

85. Bear (Bear in the Big Blue House)
P - I WANT TO HUG HIM!
L - I want to see him. Really. I don't think I've EVER seen Bear, but I hear him all the time on Muppet Central Radio...
P - And I'd like to take this time to plug the Support Internet Radio Campaign, it's really for a great cause and- ...I'll stop now.
L - Oh all right. Getting back to Bear. Do you always smell this good?
P - *blink* Well... *sniffs self* I... it is my regular brand of deoderant, yes.
L - Oh good. But I was actually quoting Bear.
P - I know that. Did YOU know that he is the co-host of Playhouse Disney Live at Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida? And could you have asked for any more information?
L - ...Possibly. But no, I didn't know that, seeing as the last time I was in Disney World was um... about twelve years ago now, I think?...
P - Oh. Well, sorry about that. Anyway, I like Bear, he's huggable, he smells good (with his nose), his best friend is a blue mouse, and he talks to a moon and a shadow.
L - Ooh, yes. He's a very likeable bear.
P - And with that, we move on. And no, we won't be talking about any more Blue House characters, sorry to all of those devoted fans.
L - Yeah, our apologies, but um... I don't think either of us have actually seen the show...
P - I have. Once within recent memory. I think my brother used to watch it a long time ago, he had some toys I think.
L - Mm. Well, I'm the youngest, so I didn't HAVE any younger siblings to watch Bear, so... Yeah. Moving on.

84. FooFoo (The Muppet Show)
P - Floyd and that dog have a very special relationship, I love it so much.
L - Oh, me too! It's so... abusive.
P - Totally! But FooFoo does seem to hate EVERYONE but Piggy, wouldn't you say? Well, and Johnny in MWoO.
L - Mmhm. Except for the whole hating thing, FooFoo reminds me of my dog.
P - Oh?
L - FooFoo looks like my dog looks when she hasn't been to the groomers in a while. And it's very easy to get annoyed with my dog, especially when she eats the eyes and noses off of my teddy bears... <growls> <ahem> She's a nice dog, really.
P - Oh, yes, and I'm sure FooFoo is too.
L - Though I'm sure FooFoo never ate any eyes off of teddy bears.
P - ...No, she probably ate the whole thing. I think that's what happened to Gonzo's bear in that one first season episode of TMS.
L - Ohhhhhh! That's so sad! Poor Gonzo... Poor Gonzo's teddy! I've got a thing for Muppets having teddy bears, but we'll get to that later. ...Okay, so really I've just got a thing for teddy bears, but like I said, we'll get to that later...
P - Indeed we will, I'm sure. Shall we run for our li- I mean, move on?
L - Sure!

83. Robot Kermit (The Muppet Show)
P - Oh, here's a fun one.
L - It's Jim-Jim interaction!
P - Sha, and SO funny what with all the confusion... I think that he may actually have part of Kermit's brain, he just has to use ALL of it, and can't repress anything, like he's snarkier, and romanticeral. ...Yeah.
L - I'll add that to the PTD. By the way, for any readers who don't know, the PTD is the Prawnie Toga Dictionary. Thought I'd clarify. But yeah, Robot Kermit is AWESOME, and it is SO cool to see the sort of competition between Kermit and Robot Kermit. Heck, one locks the other in a crate! And then he LAUGHS about it, and it's SO awesome...
P - Hahaha! Oh I love that, I need to watch that episode again soon. ...Possibly all of TMS 1 before Season 2 comes out. In ten days. Woot.
L - Dear goodness. I also love it when Piggy thinks Robot Kermit is Kermit and then karate-chops Kermit for what Robot Kermit said and... Oy, I could go on and on and on...
P - Oh, me too, but we don't have that kind of... time? I dunno, but I'm sure we don't have something.
L - Of course we don't have Something. Leyla hasn't posted any of that story in months.
P - For all of you readers that don't know, Something is a quck way to say MC member Layla's fan-fiction "Something Worth Waiting For" which, yeah, hasn't been updated in months. ...Moving on?
L - Might as well. Although we could mention that Robot Kermit is one of Leyla's roomies over in the Dorms.
P - Welcome to Layla day here at MC!
L - And she's off to sleep through it. Silly girl...
P - Does that surprise you, honestly?
L - Considering how many times I've stayed up to four in the morning with her?..
P - ...Moving on!
L - Wise choice.

82. Long John Silver (Muppet Treasure Island)
P - ...This was Lisa's doing, ask her.
L - Yes, he IS a Muppet! As seen in the Hidden Treasure commentary of Muppet Treasure Island!
P - Enlighten those of us who haven't discovered the treasure.
L - The Muppet is all dressed up in Long John's fancy outfit that Kermit gets to shred in the sword fight, the actor is in his regular street clothes, and they're sitting next to each other, and the Muppet is claiming that he did the acting and the singing and the actor did the stunts. The actor disagrees, points out that the Muppet can't move his right arm, and asks for a demonstration of the singing. The Muppet immediately sings, "When you're a professional piraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate..." And the actor looks straight at the camera and says, "I'm starting to believe him."
P - HAHAHA! Oh TOO funny! But you know, I think I would dub Tim Curry an honorary Muppet anyway, sure he doesn't have the same stature as say, Paul Williams, but still, he's got the character down.
L - Oh ABSOLUTELY! They even talk about in the Tale behind the Tail- or is it the Tail behind the Tale? I can never remember. Anyway, they talk about how the whole game with the Muppets is to upstage, and that's exactly what Tim does, so he fits right in!
P - Indeed! He even got UP stage when Sweetums lifted him up during the Pro. Pirate number.
L - Oh, absolutely! Heck, he even verbalized it! "Upstage, lads! This is my ONLY number!"
L - Now please stop me before I sing the rest of the song. You know I sang that at prom? And in lunch. Many times.
P - *blink* You sang it at prom? Awesome.
L - In fact, I spent several consecutive lunch periods just reciting Muppet Treasure Island for my friends... I got some pretty weird looks, and some of my friends complained, but it was fun! And then they made me stop, which wasn't fun. So I just sang Professional Pirate while this other girl sang "A Pirate's Life For Me." It worked.
P - And all I can do is impress girls with my Miss Piggy impression. ...Which really shouldn't impress them, but anyway...
L - Yes, actually, it should. But anyway. Moving on. <hums Professional Pirate>

81. Paul Williams (The Muppet Show)
L - We like humans-turned-Muppets.
P - Yeah well, I prefer Paul as a human, and will always think of him as a Muppet. As some famous puppet type thing once said "size matters not" and Paul proved that, by showing that even though he wasn't the biggest of boys, he could still play music with 'em, and then write for the biggest puppets in Hollywood, which he did, and we all love him for it. Honorary Muppet all the way.
L - And not even just honorary! He's got TWO Muppet likenesses of himself that he got to harmonize with!
P - And one of them is still sitting on his piano at home! Did you know he can't even play the piano?
L - <blink> No, I didn't. That's interesting.
P - Especially considering he sat at one pretending to play it during the entire closing number at MuppetFest.
L - Mmm. I wouldn't know.
P - I know, that's why I was telling you.
L - Oh thank you.
P - Anytime. So do we have anything else to say here?
L - Um... Yes.
P - And that would be...?
L - Peoples is peoples.
P - I should've seen that coming... can you tell we're tired, folks?
L - If they couldn't, they can now. But I think Pete should be an honorary Muppet, too. I realize there is no Muppet likeness of him, but still... He can give an entire inspirational speech about absolutely nothing at all. Isn't that Muppet worthy?
P - Okay, yes, Pete can be an honarary Muppet too.
L - Yay! Life is tomatoes!
P - ...Can I end it with that?
L - <Giggles> Yes, yes, you can! Life is tomatoes! Life is tomaaaaaaaaaatoes! <giggles>
P - The End.
P - For now.
L - For- yes, that.
L - 80 to go. In the mean time, life is tomatoes, I'm Insane A. Sylum, and that's a Prawnie.
P - See you all next time on The Muppet- ...Countdown... Thing.
L - <giggles> Yes. This thing. See you here. Life is tomatoes.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! There's more craziness!

This is an awesome comprehensive list of Muppets, and although I'm already planning a march against the two of you for putting Hoggle on the list and (I assume) leaving Ludo off...I love it! What a cool way to document your crazy selves...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
He he he, this is so fun! You guys are so silly I love it! I like your choices so far, can't wait to see what's to come!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thoughts...

1 Betina and Belinda... First of all, shouldn't it be Belinda and Betina instead, for alphabetical purposes? Secondly, they're individual characters and should be treated as such, not as one single entry.
2 There are two different characters named Yorick who are skulls. The one from S&F is a purple skull that ate Kermit, the one from TMS is a blue skull who had cameos in the Christopher Reeves episode.
Additionally, the question was what other Muppet can say they've eaten Kermit. Piggy, Fozzie, Robin, Rowlf have all eaten Kermit?
And to answer the question correctly, Gorgon Heap ate Kermit in the Talk Panel spot in the Vincent Price episode.
3 Again, Mahna Mahna and the Snowths should be separated into individual entries.
4 Prawny, talk to KermiClown to get an almost complete JHH six-disc set.
5 Again, Wayne and Wanda should be separated into individual entries.
6 Again, the Toms should be separated into individual entries: Old Tom, Really Old Tom, and Dead Tom.
7 Actually, it's not the Long John Silver Muppet, it's more of a Tim Curry Muppet as Long John Silver... Which is why he's in the listings as Tim Curry/Long John Silver Muppet.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Well, we're not counting out separate Muppets, per say. We're counting down our opinion of the 100 greatest, but the fact of the matter is that we can't even begin to limit ourselves to just 100, even WITH the honorable mentions, so some Muppets just have to share their slots. And besides, some Muppets are quite simply at their greatest when with other Muppets. I don't know about you, but I have trouble picturing, for example, Bert without Ernie, Belinda without Betina, Mahna Mahna without the Snowths, and so on.

And in regards to my listing of Piggy, Fozzie, Robin, and Rowlf, I was naming Muppets who HAVE NOT eaten Kermit, which was Prawnie's question directly preceding my answer. Sorry for the confusion!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is okay. Peoples is peoples. And you should see the nitpicking I subject my own Muppet Listings to sometimes. When renumbering, I find an entry that's out of place in the redo, have to reorganize and renumber again from that point onwards. It occasionally drives me nuts, but that's what comes with such a project.

Also... This is something great you and Prawny are doing, would've loved to be part of one of your thingys for once. But it also depresses me a little when picturing the Muppets listed in this countdown in successive order, compared to my own creations and how that's gonna take much longer... Plus the fact I see them in my mind, have to write out their descripts, and still have to find someone to render them in artistic illustrations.
*Small sigh... Oh well, carry on and let's get to the next portion of the countdown!