Tinseltown News

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's cheating because Jesus said that if you even look at a girl lustfully, you've commited adultery with her in your heart.
Dude, seriously. You are now making a point to try the patience of others. This weasely chiding has once again broken forum rules. You may not like or agree with them, but you have been comprehensively informed.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is there a Muppet named jesus or something?

Anyway this is a puppet show I really can't believe this is becoming a biblical moral battle.

Yeah, Well let's not forget that it was jesus's words and not some book to be quited to judge people at every turn. I believe the bible to be a spiritual guide to ones life not a book of judgements and hatred even if it has enough of both in it.
:mad: There are plenty of gay and non-Christian active members on the forum (yup, plenty). We don't fire-bomb the religious threads. Even after this snarky effort by several members - I still wouldn't do that. I find the sentiment in some to be highly offensive, but I don't have to participate. The lack of restraint and thoughtfulness in this thread boggles the mind! Okay, getting myself back out of that subject...ugh! :mad:

My partner just called. I'm back in a glowy mood. :smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
:mad: There are plenty of gay and non-Christian active members on the forum (yup, plenty). We don't fire-bomb the religious threads. Even after this snarky effort by several members - I still wouldn't do that. I find the sentiment in some to be highly offensive, but I don't have to participate. The lack of restraint and thoughtfulness in this thread boggles the mind! Okay, getting myself back out of that subject...ugh! :mad:

Me either, becfause it's for them to post in and it's not like I don't agree with some of the things they have to say. I've really become tired of the whole republicans vs. democrats thing going on it's getting so bad anymore.
I just can't stand how people can't just be people anymore we have to be on one side or the other.
Well guess what I'm not choosing a side I love everyone (within reason) like we all should and no book, person, or spirit who can tell me differntly.

beaker

Reaction score
Well I support people's right to free speech wholeheartedly, even if I strongly disagree with it.

I make no secret that I am extremely anti war, as in anti all war. So while someone may not approve of Tinseltown due to it's homosexual theme, I don't approve of Sesame Street's war themed specials. Hey, but that's America

Anyways, Tinseltown follows the rule in my mind that pilots are usually a let down.

The good in my view:

Love the nature of the puppets...they arent full bodied like that proposed TBS talk show one...but...they arent hand and rod puppets. the chemistry between the two was pretty good

I am ALWAYS a fan of when Muppets interact with real life. Like Uncle Matt, or Pepe on the street interviewing people.

has the potential of capturing that Los Angeles Curb Your Enthusiasm feel

the bad:

not much you can establish in a pilot, much less a 10 minute pilot

as usual in post jh productions, hard for me to like any of the humans

I think it's an interesting area for JH to explore, and it shows that while Disney may be squandering the (tm) Muppets, the JHC is trying out new ways to keep the puppet vision alive.

Come on, admit it folks...seeing Tinseltown and TBS PuppetUp Uncensored elicits that same kind of spark of when you learned that the Muppets had an adult sketch on Saturday Night Live over 30 years ago.

beaker

Reaction score

I support Christianity, but don't the Christians realize just how gay the Muppets are? I mean The Muppet Show, come on. The entire Muppet theme is colorful, celebrational musical numbers. It's gay in even the purest old century way.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Exactly

It's not like he saw a good-looking person on the street and noticed that he/she was good-looking. He chose a car wash with a half-naked person washing his car, when he could have chose a regular car washing service. In addition he pointed out a spot that the guy missed specifically so he could get a better view of the washer's buttocks. If my wife did that I would count it as cheating, she also would if I did something similar. I don't drive at the moment but if my bicycle ever got a flat and there was a bike shop with female mechanics in bikinis and I chose that bike shop to have my tire replaced at over a regular bike shop and tried to get the person doing the work to show me a little more than she already was, that would be cheating.