Tinseltown News

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Firstly it's a comedy puppet show made by 2 straight men.
Couples of all kinds do those sort of things to teach each other lessons about being shallow jerks.
Try living in los angeles for a bit and dating some one that shallow as mr. piggy there and you'll see.:big_grin:
I agree with ya. Most of my gay friends have mentioned it seemed straight-written. Not terrible, just less relatable to the intended audience. Also, this really is in the spirit of Absolutely Fabulous. The characters aren't intended to be role models and that can cut both ways. I chose not to take it all so seriously under that context.

I felt the closing shot was for shock value. Maybe they felt they had to do that. The outfit was probably made before writing the scene. The opening scene made more sense.

I did think the couple seemed loving underneath the antics. Also, what's the previous cheating comment? There was no cheating I saw. Did you? A buff dude washed Samson's car. I'm certain that this is one of many shirtless services in LA. I just wanna see Bobby in the gym! Lots of humor to be had in that setting! :embarrassed:

The one thing that did kinda bother me was the beer. Heck, I've finished off my share of lite beer in my day (vodka etc too) but the teen drinking reference didn't please me. It did get laughs from friends, but I'm just not as cool with that.

The food preparation - that was just plain normal passive aggression. I see it all time in every type of relationship. So is Bobby really vegan or is that just a name? :confused:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
There are probably also regular car washing services in California

Going to a car washing service where the people washing your cars display their bodies is cheating. It would be cheating if I went to a strip bar instead of watching my wife strip for me. Which she has done. BTW: Bobby Vegan is most likely just a name. Pigs are omnivores.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Going to a car washing service where the people washing your cars display their bodies is cheating. It would be cheating if I went to a strip bar instead of watching my wife strip for me. Which she has done. BTW: Bobby Vegan is most likely just a name. Pigs are omnivores.
Um, how in the world is that cheaping? He has his car washed it's not like the guy washed him or anything. People flirt it's not like he slept with him or even touched the man.
That's just wacky.:crazy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
The puppets! Wow! The eyes...WOW! The voices are great. Its funny, whitty. Amusing.

Most of all, it works. Whatever it is, it is. And that is why it works.

I was surprised to see only two Puppets though? Is that how it's going to go on?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
In my opinion it's cheating because Jesus said that if you even look at a girl lustfully, you've commited adultery with her in your heart.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
The puppets! Wow! The eyes...WOW! The voices are great. Its funny, whitty. Amusing.

Most of all, it works. Whatever it is, it is. And that is why it works.

I was surprised to see only two Puppets though? Is that how it's going to go on?
I feel the same way Beau.
It's cheating because Jesus said that if you even look at a girl lustfully, you've commited adultery with her in your heart.
And I'm pretty sure Muppet Central Forums told you guys to knock off the religious holier than thou art stuff.:rolleyes:
But hey he wasn't looking at another man it was a Puppet looking at a man and him going oh my.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd read my boyfriend for doing that, but...

Um, how in the world is that cheaping? He has his car washed it's not like the guy washed him or anything. People flirt it's not like he slept with him or even touched the man.
That's just wacky.
I think it's sort of like a Jimmy Carter "lust in your heart" sort of thing. I get it. I wouldn't go that far as to say that any guy that goes to Hooters is cheating on his wife or girlfriend. It's the same sort of situation here (except Hooters are more prevalent than these car washes). :big_grin:

I would consider my partner snuggling with someone else to be cheating, but not this. Straight, gay or omnivore - guys ogle. People follow different guidelines for this sort of thing. Sometimes it hinges on the feelings of the individuals in a relationship. I consider it, at most, to be disrespectful. But I do understand how the needle of another's moral compass could register this as cheating. I'm lucky to be attached to the sweetest, most beautiful person in the world already and fortunately I'm exactly his type too! :flirt:

Question - does one need to own a car to go to this carwash? Kidding! :zany:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
If your religious views dictate your feelings on Tinseltown, that's fine. We have absolutely no objection to that. If you would like to say something along the lines of "my religious views preclude me from watching this show" and leave it at that, go for it.
Well, I still don't see what the problem is in stating exactly what my religious beliefs are because I think everyone should be able to rationally and calmly talk about such things and able to state and defend their own positions. What I'm saying is- dissenting points of view should be able to be stated and people should be able to disagree agreeably. In any case, I've already stated where I stand on this issue, so as I said before there's no need to belabor the point.

But I did not intend to make any "personal attacks" on anyone. I was simply stating what I believe. And if I was calling anyone a sinner- I was calling everyone a sinner- and like Paul, me chief of all. But that's why Jesus came- He loves everyone anyway in spite of our wrongs and wants to save us all. Praise God.:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
And I'm pretty sure Muppet Central Forums told you guys to knock off the religious holier than thou art stuff.
I didn't say I was holier than thou or anyone else. Jesus is holy- and that's what He said about adultery.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I think it's sort of like a Jimmy Carter "lust in your heart" sort of thing. I get it. I wouldn't go that far as to say that any guy that goes to Hooters is cheating on his wife or girlfriend. It's the same sort of situation here (except Hooters are more prevalent than these car washes).

I would consider my partner snuggling with someone else to be cheating, but not this. Straight, gay or omnivore - guys ogle. People follow different guidelines for this sort of thing. Sometimes it hinges on the feelings of the individuals in a relationship. I consider it, at most, to be disrespectful. But I do understand how the needle of another's moral compass could register this as cheating. I'm lucky to be attached to the sweetest, most beautiful person in the world already and fortunately I'm exactly his type too!

Question - does one need to own a car to go to this carwash? Kidding!
Lucky you :smile:
I hope I meet some one good some day...:big_grin:
All humans and creaturs lust it's not like animals get married anyways they just get with any animal they can. They don't have the same moral rules as we do.
I don't consider some one going to a place like that cheating because they didn't do anything besides exchange words. I mean if he was touching him and fondling him it would be a differnt story in my book.
My x used to acuse me of cheating all the time because I would have guy friends and we would go out and eat together.
So I did what he acused me of I left him and went with some one else he got his wish.
Anyway this is a puppet show I really can't believe this is becoming a biblical moral battle.:mad:
I didn't say I was holier than thou or anyone else. Jesus is holy- and that's what He said about adultery.
Yeah, Well let's not forget that it was jesus's words and not some book to be quited to judge people at every turn. I believe the bible to be a spiritual guide to ones life not a book of judgements and hatred even if it has enough of both in it.