Tinseltown News

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Oh Man the Puppets are amazing! I really wish this was at least a half hour show man it was funny.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Leaper

Due to your post's stubborn and continual lack of respect for the feelings of others, it has been reported.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion about the limitations on expressing personal opinions here. Let me try to clarify. Basically, it's a sort of Muppety version of the US laws surrounding freedom of speech. You are allowed to say whatever you want (within forum boundaries) so long as your speech does not interfere with the rights of other forum members.

Some phrases and terms are loaded, by which I mean they carry more meaning than may be intended because of how they are used in society. We have to be careful about the words we choose and the connotations they carry.

We want everyone to feel welcome at Muppet Central. That means sometimes we have to keep personal views and beliefs to ourselves because expressing them will make others feel unwelcome or attacked.

This is not a religious forum. This is a Muppet forum. When expressing religious views impedes the discussion of a Muppet production, we are going to come down on the side of the Muppet production. When expressing religious views can be read as an attack on other forum members, we are going to come down on the side of the other forum members.

We all have our own views and beliefs and (I hope) we all believe the views and beliefs we live by are the best options for us. That's great. That's also an individual choice and many, many different religious choices are represented on this board.

If your religious views dictate your feelings on Tinseltown, that's fine. We have absolutely no objection to that. If you would like to say something along the lines of "my religious views preclude me from watching this show" and leave it at that, go for it.

If, however, you feel a need to get into sins and sinners and religious dogma, it is going to be deleted because (a) this is not a religious forum (b) condemnation is just not Muppety and (c) for some forum members this reads as a personal attack. You can't call someone a sinner and claim you didn't know that would be inflammatory. Our beef is not with the religious feelings behind the words but with the way in which those feelings are being expressed.

Luke

Reaction score
At the end of the day this is like any other TV/Movie or whatever, if you want to watch it, watch it. If you're against it then simply don't watch it. Like Quilter said how the forum is full of different peoples views, programming is made to suit different peoples tastes. An ultra religious right wing person wouldn't like their ultra religious right wing shows being censored in the same way this adult orientated puppetry sitcom has a right to exist. It's all a bit hypocritical, people need to lighten up, live and let live.

I haven't watched it fully yet, but i'm liking what i see.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day this is like any other TV/Movie or whatever, if you want to watch it, watch it. If you're against it then simply don't watch it. Like Quilter said how the forum is full of different peoples views, programming is made to suit different peoples tastes. An ultra religious right wing person wouldn't like their ultra religious right wing shows being censored in the same way this adult orientated puppetry sitcom has a right to exist. It's all a bit hypocritical, people need to lighten up, live and let live.

I haven't watched it fully yet, but i'm liking what i see.
:zany: He he. "Peoples is peoples!" :zany:

goshposh

Reaction score
I just watched it. I thought it was good, except for the end. that was a little much. Sometimes you saw heads and arm sleeves though.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Saw it not good

I saw it but I didn't like it and this has nothing to do with the characters sexuality, but would somebody please tell me why Bob Vegan didn't ask Samson what was wrong when he first discovered that his partner was making a dish that he wasn't particularly fond of rather than go on about his boring day, I mean if I came home from my classes or from a day of subbing to find that my wife was making a meal she knew I hated I'd know something was wrong the minute I walked in the kitchen (that is, unless it was chicken livers which is something I don't like that she likes so therefore in that case there doesn't necessarily have to be something wrong) and I'd stop worrying about myself and pay attention to her. Also the scene involving Samson cheating on Bob tells me that this couple needs help desparately. Rather than deal with their problems they just cheat on each other and feed their addictions. Hardly role models to tell me or anyone else for that matter that there's nothing wrong with homosexuality.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I saw it but I didn't like it and this has nothing to do with the characters sexuality, but would somebody please tell me why Bob Vegan didn't ask Samson what was wrong when he first discovered that his partner was making a dish that he wasn't particularly fond of rather than go on about his boring day, I mean if I came home from my classes or from a day of subbing to find that my wife was making a meal she knew I hated I'd know something was wrong the minute I walked in the kitchen (that is, unless it was chicken livers which is something I don't like that she likes so therefore in that case there doesn't necessarily have to be something wrong) and I'd stop worrying about myself and pay attention to her. Also the scene involving Samson cheating on Bob tells me that this couple needs help desparately. Rather than deal with their problems they just cheat on each other and feed their addictions. Hardly role models to tell me or anyone else for that matter that there's nothing wrong with homosexuality.
Firtly it's a comdy puppet show made by 2 straight men.
Couples of all kinds do those sort of things to teach each other lessons about being shallow jerks.
Try living in los angeles for a bit and dating some one that shallow as mr. piggy there and you'll see.:big_grin: