Tinseltown News

wickedpuppets

Reaction score
LOL, prety good 10 min show, Not too start round 36 but did any of the 'haters' actually watc this? and if you did do you still feel this is/was an 'evil-sin-show' lol.

Honestly what did you really expect? a propaganda gay recruit film with puppets? well it deff wasn't.

I have to say, an overall good show, needs to be longer though!

-Loki-

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
LOL, prety good 10 min show, Not too start round 36 but did any of the 'haters' actually watc this? and if you did do you still feel this is/was an 'evil-sin-show' lol.

Honestly what did you really expect? a propaganda gay recruit film with puppets? well it deff wasn't.

I have to say, an overall good show, needs to be longer though!

-Loki-
I missed it..but it's only 10 mins? ugh gimmie a break nell carter! this needs to be longer! Why does the Henson company get no respect at all Jim Henson was a genius!:flirt:

wickedpuppets

Reaction score
I missed it..but it's only 10 mins? ugh gimmie a break nell carter! this needs to be longer! Why does the Henson company get no respect at all Jim Henson was a genius!:flirt:
Well first the show was going to be strictly a webshow, then Logo's parent company picked it up for their Alien Boot Camp show (Think of a gay/lesbian version of Adult Swim) so it runs about the same forumla (shows 10-15 mins long)

Lets hope that if it gets decent viewers (good luck sence they did not promote it hardly at all) then maybe it will become a longer show.

I'm serious about the lack of promotion, I keep my TV on while i work so this afternoon I decided the only way to make sure I did not miss the show was to tune my TV to Logo and leave it there, I did not keep a very close eye on the programing but I can say that during the commercials they did not promote the puppet show at all :frown:

The rest of their friday night programing however DID get promoted.

-Loki-

wickedpuppets

Reaction score
well if you think about it, it really is not a very very bad idea....

test it out on the core demographic with little to no promotion, thus ensuring pretty much ONLY the core demographic will be tuned in to watch it.

once the show airs, wait and see exactly WHAT your core demographic says and does about the show, if it passes with them THEN promote the show on a wider scale.

I mean look exactly what happened within these 6 pages, now think about the same on a 'global scale' the more I think about it the more I have to say, this might have been a nice smart move to do it this way.

besides, as of Sunday you can watch the video online :smile:

-Loki-

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just curious about some things: Do you watch any of the Harry Potter films? Ever watched Ellen Degeneres or Will and Grace? Do you like Kevin Spacey and watch his movies? Disney fan?

While I agree with being civil and loving, I don't see what the problem is with stating the reason for why I don't approve of this upcoming show. I'm sorry if telling people that The Bible says homosexuality is a sin makes people who practice that upset. But that is why I don't care for this show and that is my point of view. I'm not sure why I don't seem to be allowed to express that. That is NOT intolerant of an entire group of people. People are free to live their lives and make their own choices. I'm not trying to deny them that. I was just stating where I stand on homosexuality and I bring that up because that is the reason that I am not interested in Tinseltown.
I'm totally tolerant of homosexuals. I'm not tolerant of homosexuality in the sense that I don't condone it because God calls it a sin. And I'm not necessarily trying to call one group of people "sinners" because I'm just as much a sinner as anyone else. But that's why Jesus came to die and rise again for all of us because He loves everyone!
And as I imagine this post will also be either edited or deleted, it would be nice to know why I can't seem to state my position without it being censored. I do believe tolerance works both ways. And it DOESN'T mean accepting what everyone believes as being true and right- but it does acknowledge their right to believe that whether it's true and right or not.
I agree with some of your sentiment, and understand your convictions; but, it isn't for you to condone actions of other humans. It's between them and God, and while it's okay to state your opinion and say "I won't watch it because I don't agree with the message it conveys," it is demeaning to others to point out a particular lifestyle as being the reason, especially to folks who live that lifestyle or folks like me who have an open heart and mind to my friends who may.

Not Gonzoleaper alone, but the other problem I have with the way that some of the "Christians" in this thread have been behaving is that you are NOT proving your 'Christian-lifestyle.' I have not seen one action/post that would bring someone closer to God, but rather push them away. Those actions alone cannot be judged wise by anyone of any religion, let alone the God we are supposed to represent and show his love to others in a way that it makes them want to become a part of that family as well.

All this from me, a Southern Baptist (also raised in churches of Pentecostal, Assembly of God, Missionary Baptist, and Catholic-run pre-school). I'm a "Southern Assembly of St. Bapticostal God." :zany:

Re: post above mine:
Is there video online of Tinseltown that I haven't seen a link to?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Tinseltown was the first 10 minute short subject to be shown in Logo network's Alien Boot Camp potpourri. Tinseltown will air online next week. The show was good. B to B- in my book. I'll form more of a review later. Going down the street for a beverage with my main squish. :concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Grading Tinseltown:

The Pitch: B+
The show follows gay puppet life partners Bobby Vegan Pig, unemployed has-been actor, and Samson Knight Bull, his codependent manager, as they navigate their personal and professional lives together in Tinseltown. Characters include Foster (their teenage foster son), Autero (their limo driver/servant) and Lena (Samson's ex-wife/Bobby's best friend).

The Puppets: A+
Eyes blink (I think this is a new thing being factored-into designs, even the Muppet Newsman had blinking eyes in the clips of France's Muppet TV that I have seen.), faces are expressive, materials are textured and constructed beautifully. Great classic Muppet design (and Bobby is a great improvement over the Muppet Christmas special's Howard the Pig). Samson the Bull actually has hooves. This is pulled-off nicely. The skillful performances of Bill Barretta and Brian Henson really shine through the thin material. I sometimes forget it's actually them. Well, until I hear Barretta's patented laugh. I have to admit it is infectious! :rolleyes:

The Humans: B
They weren't really showcased yet. The Hungarian limo driver, Autero, has an amusing dead-pan. The son, Foster, has a brief walk-through. Lena, the ex-wife/best friend (Mia Sara) capably plays Patsy to Bobby's Eddy. (AbFab reference here)

The Writing: C
Some of the humor was obvious. It appears the funniest moments are in the ad-libbing. Some visual gags. Most work, some miss. Technically the short-subject has a beginning, middle and end, but there's not much here to judge yet. Very little substance so far. Set-up, montage, tacked-on ending. So far the writing is mediocre. There is a line about diamonds when they go shopping that I found quite funny. :embarrassed:

The Message: N/A
As I thought, this is a gay Absolutely Fabulous with puppets. It sometimes plays to stereotype, but it is always known to be only referring to the lead characters in this program. The show is neither an endorsement nor condemnation. I just hope they go for less on-the-nose humor and remember that the greatest success of Henson and Muppet characters is the universal nature of the jokes. What I did like is the underlying affection the characters really do seem to have for one another.

The Verdict: B- (thus far)
It's wait and see. Pilots are tough and this one is okay. Production values are fairly high and the performers are very talented. It's certainly the best/well produced bit on Alien Boot Camp (except for maybe the Rick & Steve bits). There was a "Lizzie" sketch I thought was funny. If you like AbFab, then give this a try. If that sort of humor is lost on you, skip it. :zany: