Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

wiley207

Reaction score
This was a good episode, despite the reruns. But it looks like for after "Elmo's World," they're going to alternate between Trash Gordon and different bedtime stories for Slimey (and now Sloppy.) And there was STILL no Big Bird here! I mean, Caroll Spinney can still perform Oscar, so why not Big Bird? Then again, it's too early in the season. And it was nice to see Susan in this one, and I loved the "rain" joke about the Count's thunder and lightning (I thought they retired it!), and at least the elephant's voice wasn't as annoying as it usually is (he didn't even break any windows with the voice!). I have the feeling we'll be seeing Telly and Baby Bear catch on to the season soon.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I liked Chris, he seems like a nice addition to the cast, plus he DOES seem like a young version of David, that's what makes him seem so cool; plus he just looks like he's having a great time being on the show, doesn't it? I hope he'll stick around for a while, and not just a one-season wonder like that Emily girl from Season 33.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh... What "Emily" character from Season 33 would that be Snowthmeister?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was a good episode, despite the reruns. But it looks like for after "Elmo's World," they're going to alternate between Trash Gordon and different bedtime stories for Slimey (and now Sloppy.) And there was STILL no Big Bird here! I mean, Caroll Spinney can still perform Oscar, so why not Big Bird?
And even if Spinney couldn't perform Big Bird, there's always Matt Vogel.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh... What "Emily" character from Season 33 would that be Snowthmeister?
Don't you remember? She was almost like a replacement for Tarah as "the neighborhood wheel-chaired girl"? I think Fran Brill played her mom when they moved to the street, and when she did, Big Bird took her on a tour of the street, and introduced her to other residents. She was only featured in a few episodes that season, another moment I can remember was the "late episode" for that season where Big Bird finds a turtle he makes his new pet, but when the turtle turns up missing, he, Rosita, and Emily search the entire street for him.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. Season 33's part of my Sesame Street/Muppets blackout phase, from when I was in my undergrad college years and started following other fandoms, divorcing myself from that spark of Muppetness that was only rekindled when the figures were released and I found this place in Summer 2002 and started working on the earlier versions of the Muppet Listings.
*Reminisces fondly.

Actually, I've only seen the episode where Big Bird finds and takes Seymour the Turtle as his pet on Noggin back in the day, but I don't remember any wheelchaird girl other than Tarah.
Will have to check the Muppet Wiki for further information. Thanks though.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I personally enjoy the new opening, not so much the music as the visuals, I think they're really, really neato.

Anyway, I also like Chris, he seems great, and I agree with Snowthy, looks like he's having a lot of fun, which is great. Loved seeing the Count and Cookie in the street scene today, thought the Abby and Elmo bit was cute, but it seemed terribly out of place for... well, anything. Did it honestly teach anything? Or just give Abby and Elmo screen time?

I really liked Abby's song from yesterday's episode, thought it was great, she's got a great voice to her.

Hoping for a lot more goodness from this season, and some Ernie and Bert stuff.

And where has Big Bird gone? :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, I've only seen the episode where Big Bird finds and takes Seymour the Turtle as his pet on Noggin back in the day, but I don't remember any wheelchaird girl other than Tarah.
Hmm, then this one must have been a remake of an episode then, like the way they remake those Mrs. Chicken thinks Rocco is an egg and wants to hatch it episodes. Say, I think Emily was in that episode from the 33rd season as well with Gabi and Rosita.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Or just give Abby and Elmo screen time?
I think that's just it, basically. You know how they are with the "stars" of the show; remember back in Season 33 where they had little insert where Elmo was excited about his celebrity friend visiting (whose name escapes me at the moment), he falls down and hurts himself, so she kiss his boo-boo, then suddenly he's worm more kisses from her. Where's the educational value in that?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think that's just it, basically. You know how they are with the "stars" of the show; remember back in Season 33 where they had little insert where Elmo was excited about his celebrity friend visiting (whose name escapes me at the moment), he falls down and hurts himself, so she kiss his boo-boo, then suddenly he's worm more kisses from her. Where's the educational value in that?
It teaches kids how to woo women and steal kisses from them. :stick_out_tongue: