Future Muppet Replicas Wishlist

Telly

Reaction score
I was thinking the exact same thing Mistersuperstar!:confused:

mrsieve

Reaction score
I have to put my two cents in for Statler and Waldorf. Gotta love them. :boo: :sleep:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I have to put my two cents in for Statler and Waldorf. Gotta love them. :boo: :sleep:
I was really impressed with the S & W Pallisades figures and I'd love to see full-size replicas of them. How about making a mock-up balcony to display them in?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Scooter's jacket wouldn't be any more difficult to make than Gonzo's tuxedo.

Back in the 70's and 80's, satin crew jackets were big items and even when we had to pay for them ourselves, they usually cost somewhere between $35 and $70 and that was for a lower quantity than MR would have to make, plus those were adult sizes. The higher the quantity, the more the price is reduced per item.

:stick_out_tongue:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Scooter's jacket wouldn't be any more difficult to make than Gonzo's tuxedo.

Back in the 70's and 80's, satin crew jackets were big items and even when we had to pay for them ourselves, they usually cost somewhere between $35 and $70 and that was for a lower quantity than MR would have to make, plus those were adult sizes. The higher the quantity, the more the price is reduced per item.

Didn't Scooter's jacket have TMS logo embroidered in the back too?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Didn't Scooter's jacket have TMS logo embroidered in the back too?
Yes, but the jackets I was talking about also had custom embroidery on them. The way those work, there is a one-time set-up fee and then each jacket they embroider is fairly reasonable. I'm sure the factories in China work the same way. The biggest expense is the set-up fees. Once the line is running, each item is relatively cheap and the cost of the set-up is amortized over the whole lot.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
By the way, I've been trying to get in touch with Travis, but he seems to be MIA.

So, here is what he told me at Comic-Con... and remember, this is Travis' wish list, just like anyone else's on here. It doesn't mean this is going to happen, although Travis has a lot more clout to pull it off than we do just idly speculating here.

He said that for 2009, he would like to do Bunsen and Beaker, and Statler and Waldorf.

Again, this is Travis' wish list. It doesn't mean anybody else at MR or Disney is on board with this.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
By the way, I've been trying to get in touch with Travis, but he seems to be MIA.

So, here is what he told me at Comic-Con... and remember, this is Travis' wish list, just like anyone else's on here. It doesn't mean this is going to happen, although Travis has a lot more clout to pull it off than we do just idly speculating here.

He said that for 2009, he would like to do Bunsen and Beaker, and Statler and Waldorf.

Again, this is Travis' wish list. It doesn't mean anybody else at MR or Disney is on board with this.

I am sure that they will have some idea for 2009 by the middle of next year. It is going to be interesting to see what they decided. Poor Terry is going to have to work twice as hard if they pull out four in a year. :confused: :eek:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Rowlf and Scooter have my vote. With them made, we'd get the "main seven" Muppets from TMS. Think about it. Hard core fans will be buying these guys. In the old days, focusing on this particular set of seven characters seemed to be true when the old "ha!" company merchandised them. Check out the Stick Puppets and plush dolls for example. There's Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Scooter, Rowlf and Gonzo. Look at the way even the smileys are set up when you compose a message. Except for Animal, the ones in the top two rows are part of the "main seven". Yeah, Pepe's popular, but just once I'd like to give Scooter and Rowlf (especially Rowlf) a chance to shine in top-notch quality merchandise like this. I'd consider it a way to honor both Jim and Richard.

Bunsen, Beaker, Pepe, etc. are nice, but having Rowlf and Scooter made first makes more sense to me in a line like this.

Of course, if any of the EM band are made, I'd want Floyd to be first, even if the other band members aren't made. Why? Well, aside from being Animal's (owner?) being by the wild drumer's side, Floyd got cheated the first time around with the Sideshow busts!

That's an interesting idea about Sesame Workshop following suit with the replicas. However, I don't think Terry Angus would be looking forward to a super tight deadline and a house full of dyed turkey feathers!:crazy:

Convincing John

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Perfectly true. If we base the fact that the guys buying the new replicas were the same kids buying the Muppet merch back in the 70s/early 80s, those would seem to be the obvious "main seven". I wonder how MR see it?