The Official "Office" Thread!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I heard Amy Polar is suppose to star in the spin-off...
y--y-y-y-yugh! I really hope the Spin off doesn't happen if that's the case. I mean, not only is she instantly recognizable (something that made the Office work. When it started out, none of them were big stars. Maybe Steve, but he wasn't hal;f as big as he is today), but she just doesn't do that straightfaced comedy that the Office is famous for. She pretty much is used to more cartoonish characters. The characters she performs on SNL, The mother of the Queen Bee in Mean girls... all really exaggerated cartoony figures. I mean, it's not because I'm not really a fan of hers (I don't care for her, but she can be funny given the right project), it's that I just don't see her making it as believable.

I mean, you could say the characters in the Office are exaggerated... Michael's childish behavior, Dwight's... uh... creepiness and sometimes jarring oddness... but they make them so believable as actual co-workers and as real people you could meet in real life. I think a lot of the Office's success and tone (both the US and British versions) is attributed to films like This Is Spinal tap. They can clearly be cartoony, but they are just so believable. You're not watching a fictitious show... you're watching a documentary. You need the realism.

ngreen522

Reaction score
Shut-Up! ... There's an OFFICE Thread ! ? ! ? ! I'll be posting here soon enough!
Is anybody else watching the webisodes about Kevin and this ice cream shop idea?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I mean, you could say the characters in the Office are exaggerated... Michael's childish behavior, Dwight's... uh... creepiness and sometimes jarring oddness... but they make them so believable as actual co-workers and as real people you could meet in real life. I think a lot of the Office's success and tone (both the US and British versions) is attributed to films like This Is Spinal tap. They can clearly be cartoony, but they are just so believable. You're not watching a fictitious show... you're watching a documentary. You need the realism.
Yeah, I agree! The shows where you can relate to the people on them at a human level are always the best kind!

Shut-Up! ... There's an OFFICE Thread ! ? ! ? ! I'll be posting here soon enough!
Is anybody else watching the webisodes about Kevin and this ice cream shop idea?
I saw that!

Teheheman

Reaction score
I didn't see the webisodes. My computer is way too slow. But I'll wait until the DVD comes out, I'm sure that they'd be on the DVD.

Daniel

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I hear it's not even gong to be an office spin off anymore. Oh well...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just as well... Honestly, I don't think a Spin off would work at all. Either it would be an exact copy of the show we have now, or we'd get something sort of like it but without the same characters that made the original funny.

And NBC even included "Untitled Office Spin off" to the fall line up. I wonder what's gonna happen if it doesn't get made.

Teheheman

Reaction score
The spin-off would turn into "Horrible idea to make Amy Pohler her own show". I already said that it wasn't gonna happen, and I knew that it wasn't a good idea. That last part being said, I dunno, there are a few characters that are kinda cartoony on the Office(Michael and Dwight being the obvious ones, but Creed? Andy? I know that you might not find a Creed in your normal Office, but then again, this is no normal office lol)

Daniel