Halloween is just around the corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't have ANY Italian in me, lol.

I'm simply part Scotish, part Irish, part Japanese (yeah, if you can believe that), part English, part Native American, and part something else...

Davina

Reaction score
I'm English, Irish, Scotch, Welsh, French, German, Bavarian, Italian and probablly a few others I've forgotten cuz I'm very mussy on cold meds right now... not ot mention all the ones we havne't been able to prove yet.. (one mystery line.. same one we get the Italian from..)
makes it very interesting on those "celebrate your heritage" days... heh...
I'll be staying home to night passing candy out.. and due to my rotten cold (which I was getting over, but decided it wanted an encore..) my costume is going to be frumpy housewife with a cold... heh...
hubby's not sure when he'll be home tonight, he's got national guard drill til whenever they decide to let them come home for the evening... *sigh*

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Wow really? Not that I'm a big St. Patrick's person.
Unlike me, I'm 1/2 scot, 1/4 Irish, 1/8 english and 1/8 chinese.
Because im 1/4 Irish, St. Patricks day is a huge celebration! *Di didi da dadah dadi dadi Leprechaun Dance*

Ha! No trick or treaters came to my house at all. A first time for everything though

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because im 1/4 Irish, St. Patricks day is a huge celebration! *Di didi da dadah dadi dadi Leprechaun Dance*
You'd think it would be the same story for me, again, since I'm part Irish, but like I said, hardly anybody celebrates St. Patrick's Day around here. I mean, sure, the stores stock fake, green beer mugs, necklaces with clovers on them, green top hats, shirts that say "Kiss me, I'm Irish", but nobody goes for them, lol.
Shoe Fairy said:
Ha! No trick or treaters came to my house at all. A first time for everything though
The night's just begun! Lol!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Went to my uncle's house and while they and my two little cousins went out trick or treating, I had to stay and pass out candy to a whole bunch of kiddies.

Worst part of the night, I saw kids in high school going around and wanting candy. I mean, come on! If you want some candy, go by some at the store! Geez..............

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, how many trick-or-treaters rang your doorbell this year?

We had a grand total tonight...

Are you ready?

Okay...

You asked for it...

Our grand total for this year is...

Five. That's right. Five. In this decent-sized, apartment complex, with TONS of wild, little kids, we only had five trick-or-treaters. Can you believe that?

Davina

Reaction score
well, it's only 8 pm here.. but so far.. we've had.. uhm.. 8.. a family with 6 kids and then a family with 2 other kids... no teens so far, which just figures.. i'm ready for them this year...
am thinking the low turnout is cuz it's a Friday night, so more kids were allowed to have parties.. (Oh and the trunk or treats at the churches, and the big halloween thing across the street at the fairgrounds, etc...) so just not as many kids out tonight...
which means i'm stuck with lots of left over candy... which would have been good last year, this year I bought a bunch of stuff I don't like.. *sigh* will have to send it to base tomorrow with hubby i suppose....

may still get a few late runners (haven't seen anyone in like an hour and a half..) but i'm rather doubting it...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I want to say we got maybe 20 or 30. At 8:30 we just gave up and turned off the porch lights. We have a bag we never even opened!