1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 16th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Once Upon a Sesame Street Christmas
    The Muppets show how "the most unfriendly street in town" transformed into Sesame Street in this new, one-hour Christmas special.

4. Christmas Shopping
    Get great deals and go Christmas shopping for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

5. The Muppets Open Macy's Parade
    On Thanksgiving morning, the Muppets kicked off the 90th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Let us know your thoughts on this anticipated appearance.

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

We live in the ghetto, so from what I understand from last year (my dad answered the door), we only had like maybe half a dozen or so kids, wearing really generic to almost no costumes whatsoever, but yeah.

I'm waiting for xfinity Music Choice to change their Sounds of the Seasons channel to Halloween music, looks like they're playing German music right now (Oktoburfest).

I'm making a note to get myself some new decor this year: I have so much Christmas decor for myself, but very sparse Halloween decorations, so I need to remedy that, because I love Halloween too.

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Sigh.... Halloween is only good (for me anyway) for General Mills releasing the Monster Cereals.

3. D'Snowth

Yes, I saw those on the shelves already earlier this week.

4. Drtooth

I've already gone through Yummy Mummy and Frute Brute. I think I liked the Mummy better, but I'll get both again. Unfortunately, I only found them at Target, but their assortment has classic box art reproductions.

5. D'Snowth

I've seen 'em at Kroger, so they're probably in other grocery stores, or are starting to be in stock.

6. Drtooth

CVS also had them, but just the main 3. New Box designs too.

Then again, I go to Target more frequently than a grocery store that actually has those cereals (the one I go to doesn't).

Anyway, other than that and the Simpsons Halloween episode, there's really nothing for me. Halloween finally became the most depressing holiday for me. That's depressing in and of itself.

7. D'Snowth

Well, you do have Charlie Brown-esque tendencies, I must confess...

8. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Ahhh, Halloween 2013......there's quite a bit I'm hopefully going to do this year.

Next weekend, I'm assisting at a haunted hayride at a popular campground in my county. Hopefully, I'll get to be something that will really make the riders jump out of their seats. :batty:

The weekend after, hopefully, I can get a few friends to come with me to see the new remake of "Carrie." I read the book 2 years ago and have been quite smitten with it. But I do really want to see the original movie, if I have time.

And finally, Halloween night, I'm going to, most likely, settle in and watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas" for the 8,998th time. :p

LizAngie likes this.
  9. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Here's the trailer for the original movie.

If you don't have the original movie, I suggest try to buy the DVD or Bluray online.
    http://www.amazon.com/Carrie-Special-Edition-Sissy-Spacek/dp/B00005K3NR
    Good luck!

MissMusical12 likes this.
  10. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

wait...there's a new remake of Carrie?

Do we really need two remakes?

Sheesh. Although I'm not sure if I've seen the original or if it was the 2002 remake. The book is good though. For once King left out all the nonsense that he's known for using to pad books and got right to the point.

11. Drtooth

More like a mix of every negative quality from negative characters from everything I ever liked ever.

Comes with having Darkwing Duck and Inspector Gadget as your childhood heroes.

That and the whole "I have absolutely nothing to do on that day" thing.

12. D'Snowth

Sarge, every movie today is either a sequel or a remake. :p

13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

The original has '70s people in it. Kinda hard to miss, lol. :flirt:

14. Drtooth

No... the 2002 one wasn't a remake. it was a disjointed sequel that was only sort of related, I think...

15. heralde

That's true isn't that the one where Amy Irving comes back playing her original character?

16. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

No. That was "The Rage: Carrie 2," the "so-called" sequel to the first movie that came out in 1999. In that movie, Amy Irving's original is now a guidance counselor.

17. Sgt Floyd

The 2002 movie was a pilot for a series that never got off the ground.

18. heralde

Ohhh ok, thanks. I've only ever seen the original. Don't really see that changing, lol.

19. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

This year, (because of the unfortunate fact that I am too old for Trick OR Treating) I am throwing a huge party! My vision as of now is having everything spooky down to ground you walk on, some music to get in the spirit: (Count's Monster Mash must be included no matter WHAT!) And of course a costume. If I could only make up my mind on what kind of costume...

20. Sgt Floyd

Since when is 14 being too old to trick or treat?