1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Just watched the Garfield Halloween special to get me in the mood. I forgot how creepy that old man was with his deep voice and his uncanny valley design. :eek:

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I still miss when WGN used to have all-day marathons of THE MUNSTERS, hosted by Alice Cooper on Halloween... :sigh:

This test pilot that was filmed to pitch the show to networks is interesting... not as good as the series proper, but for mid-60s, the color is pretty amazing.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  3. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

citykids ? was that the show that had the two female urban puppets who talked on the phone to eachother and each coversation was somehow connected with the topic of the shows episode ?

4. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Speaking of Halloween, one night this weekend I caught up watching Toy Story of Terror on ABC Family!:fanatic:

It's such a cute little special. It felt so suspenseful the first time I saw it last year!! It really keeps you right at the edge of your seat before the commercials! I gotta say I absolutely enjoy the newer characters here - I thought it was adorable when Pez Cat "vomited" a Pez candy piece!!:) Combat Carl and Jr. were hilarious and enjoyable as well!!:fanatic:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    WhoseLineFan likes this.
  5. D'Snowth

Combat Carl and his Mini-Me Carl Jr. really stole the show.

WalterLinz likes this.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

7. D'Snowth

"I'm gunna get back to cweepin' and peepin' 'wound yor neighbohood!"

As funny as it is, this is pretty much why Halloween has been ruined for kids anymore... all the scare tactics and all the media outlets being all, "Are your children safe when it comes to trick-or-treating? How do you know pedophiles and registered sex offenders aren't living in your neighborhoods?" In my town at least, trick-or-treating has mostly been phased out and now kids just go to church and stuff for Halloween parties instead.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  8. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

That's worst-first thinking at its finest: the belief that the most abhorrent thing is the most likely to happen to your kids.

9. Drtooth

Yeah. like that whole BS about the razor blades in the candy.

But the point is, we're getting the first Homestar Halloween special in 5 years! I'm so excited.

MuppetSpot and WhoseLineFan like this.
  10. D'Snowth

And for another blast from the past:

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  11. Harleena

Harleena Well-Known Member

I'm probably going trick-or-treating with a friend. I'm going to dress up as Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy (that movie is epic), and we'll probably watch a Halloween movie.

12. WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan Well-Known Member

I'm going to give out candy to the trick or treaters on Friday. I stopped going trick or treating when I was 12 years old. This is my third year giving out candy.

13. Harleena

I would only give out candy if I had a scary costume. Otherwise I don't want to miss out on trick-or-treating.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  14. WhoseLineFan

We didn't get a lot of kids last year because it was crappy out and it was raining.

15. Harleena

Oh. I hope it doesn't rain this year.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  16. WhoseLineFan

I hope it doesn't rain either.

17. D'Snowth

Can't beat Mel Brooks humor.

18. D'Snowth

:sigh: If only MC Sounds of the Seasons on Comcast didn't have to throw in songs from the travesty that is GLEE's Rocky Horror Show, 24-7 Halloween music would be perfect.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  19. D'Snowth

Oh, and I forgot to mention: guess what was on the news today? Go ahead, guess.

20. Drtooth

UGH. Even if I liked that overrated series, the fact they tore all the irony and satire out of Rocky Horror to make the same statements they always make would have had me stop watching. Yeah, the sexuality stuff is not too subtle subtext, but it's also a part loving, part biting and backhanded salute to crappy horror movies back before watching them ironically was a major thing. And even then, the movie got riffed before MST3K came on the scene. So they were parodying a parody.

And they had to write the gay kid was too humorless to play the best character in the show. And that kid got nominated for a comedy Emmy award! The most humorless person on the show. No offense to the actor, by any means... the writers had to use him as a heavy handed message all the time. Hope he's better in the upcoming Transformers show.

Now I'm getting off topic. You'd appreciate this, Snowth... How come the Chipmunks had to censor the heck out of "Schools out for Summer," but their cover of the Time Warp is completely as is? Even the Voyeuristic Intentions. One of the Chipmunks sang about watching sex being had, and they couldn't say "School's been blown to pieces." Weird...