1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I don't go trick or treating anymore, but I am deciding to be "Red Rding Hood" and give out candy to the trick n' treaters. I forgot it was about to be around the corner. I am not sure if I want to dye my hair red, but it would be nice and everyone will think I am nothing but a silly creature... or a stranger I guess.
  2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I don't know what I'm going to do this year actually. I'll probably give out candy in my dorm. My campus holds a trick or treat night for kids to come around to the dorms. there really isn't anywhere else around where I am
  3. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

We won't do much, Halloween isn't really celebrated in Germany. Although it is possible to buy some Halloween stuff but it's not much. But we'll definitely hand out candies to the neighbor kids.
    Maybe I'll watch The Nightmare Before Christmas, haven't watched it in a long time. Unless you count the time just a few days ago when I watched it frame by frame :p
  4. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Even though I'm a college freshman, I still love Halloween for the candy. I'm a big chocoholic.
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

No plans, except maybe hanging that stuffed spider on my door.
  6. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Putting up decor soon and will carve pumpkins again, come heck or high water. Will get stuff for trick-or-treaters if I can afford it. Have already been stockpiling some cool bat necklaces from Target to hand out.

Unless I suddenly come into moolah. Then it's ON!

--------------
  7. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I'm going to take another shot at carving a Kermit pumpkin. I actually managed to make it look pretty good last year, but I'd waited too long to carve the pumpkin so it went bad before I could paint it.
  8. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

I've already got a few plans up my sleeve! I'm going to attend a few Halloween parties this year, plus on Halloween night I'll just pass out candy while in costume, and watch various Halloween cartoons (like "Garfield's Halloween Adventure," or "Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School.") My costume is a slightly different zoot suit wolf this year...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A little more Tex Avery-ish this time :D
    newsmanfan, DrDientes and Mo Frackle like this.
  9. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

I am so excited for Halloween this year! I have no idea what I'm being yet. But I'm just excited for Halloween movies <3
  10. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I'm just trying to decide what I want to do. Last year I took one of my puppets to the "Trunk or Treat" at my church and handed out candy and everyone loved it. So I kinda want to do that again. Then there's also a Halloween party at the Kung Fu studio I go to, I was kidding with my Sifu about showing up as Miss Piggy to it (seems kind of appropriate). Also every year I contemplate making the suit from "The Greatest American Hero" for Halloween.

So many decisions.
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That would be awesome! :halo:
    Gonzo's Hobbit likes this.
  12. Gonzo's Hobbit

Thanks.
    Maybe that was the push I needed:fanatic:
    muppetfan24/7 and heralde like this.
  13. Vincent Liu

You speak Chinese?
  14. Gonzo's Hobbit

No sorry (unless you count counting to 10 in Chinese)
  15. Vincent Liu

Oh, because "Sifu" sounds very Chinese. It means "daughter-in-law"
  16. Gonzo's Hobbit

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I was referring to Sifu as in the capacity of my kung fu teacher. I think in that case it might be more of a title than a word. But you know more about the Chinese language than I would, so sorry if I'm wrong on that.
  17. Vincent Liu

Oh, you mean 「師父」, sorry. Though it's more pronounced Shi-fu.
  18. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

I think I might be more creative with my witch costume this year. Like, I might do more elaborate makeup, or something.
  19. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

This Halloween for me will be extremely different. This time, I am putting some spooky Fraggle Rock songs and that includes "The Ballad of Sir Blunderbrain. *shudders* "Scare Them Boo?" Well, not as scary as the other song I mentioned, but will also include the cover version of this song. I am filling up my Halloween playlist in the right direction. I am only wearing a costume for costume parties. I am just going to be myself when I hand out candy to the kids for good.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Being that i live out in the country, don't get any trick or treaters out that way so normally i either go over to a friends and hang out handing out candy but being that most of my friends live now in other places can't do that so maybe i'll have my neices over and we can watch scary movies. Not for sure.