Halloween is just around the corner

Xerus

Reaction score
Whenever these holiday months come around. I like to watch my Garfield holiday specials DVD. This week, I'll be watching the Garfield Halloween special on my DVD player. Then I'll watch the Garfield Thanksgiving and Christmas specials when the time comes.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The simpsons have decided to take on the great pumpkin in thier new halloween episode...not sure what to think of that

I dont think I have ever seen the entire great pumpkin special :embarrassed:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The simpsons have decided to take on the great pumpkin in thier new halloween episode...not sure what to think of that

I dont think I have ever seen the entire great pumpkin special :embarrassed:
Simpsons also spoofed Charlie Brown and his gang at the end of the 4th halloween special.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I watched it, but on DVD...

I didn't feel like seeing half the scenes cut out for the same ads over and over.

I did watch the televised version of "You're not Elected, Charlie Brown" (Which is more accurately called ("You're in only 3 Scenes, and the special is Really about Linus, Charlie Brown.") and it was hacked up beyond recognition... Somehow I thought they were making new footage or redubbed footage during commercial breaks (It was introduced by Chuck saying "I'm Charlie Brown and I Approve this Message!")

Then of course, I watched the Fat Albert Halloween special... the one that Marc Brown and the Berenstains must have loved, since they stole the same "creepy old lady in evil looking house is just a friendly, but lonely widow" plot.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't really like that "It's Christmas Again, Charlie Brown" show, it didn't have the same kind of Peanuts humor, with little kids saying grown up things.

Even though I own "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" I watched it on TV with a friend anyway, lol. I got caught in the rain last night and was absolutley miserable, so I was very happy when my friend suggested it. :wink:

I have the Fat Albert Halloween show, very cool! The moral: Don't be afraid of the creepy old woman in the house on the hill, she'll give you free candy!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have the Fat Albert Halloween show, very cool! The moral: Don't be afraid of the creepy old woman in the house on the hill, she'll give you free candy!
Though I shudder to think what they'd say about it these days with all the wackos out there.

I really like how Mudfoot scammed all the candy out of Fat Albert and the gang.

"Now, when I was a kid, Halloween was different... we didn't have all this sissy prepackaged stuff... you'd spend 2 or 3 days in bed, but it was worth it."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really like how Mudfoot scammed all the candy out of Fat Albert and the gang.

"Now, when I was a kid, Halloween was different... we didn't have all this sissy prepackaged stuff... you'd spend 2 or 3 days in bed, but it was worth it."
Lol, yeah that was great. And of course the whole point of the scene was to have good old Fat Albert say he'll only eat the prepackaged stuff. (hint hint kids! Listen to Fat Albert!) :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
One more thing about Fat Albert Halloween; I read somewhere that the Fat Albert writers were always concerned that Rudy not appear too villainous, despite being the gang's "bad boy." I think that really shows in this special. Here, it's the guest start character Devery that causes all the trouble. Rudy is tagging along in order to be cool, but in the end he learns not to be scared of the old woman with the rest of the gang. While Devery learns nothing and is punished for his trouble making.

Davina

Reaction score
So we watched the Great Pumpkin last night on TV.. and at the end, I was very let down.. I _swear_ I remember the great pumpkin was supposed to show up there at the end (though Linus is asleep and misses it...) but we didn't see that... Hubby says I'm wrong and the GP has never shown up in the show.. but i remember this...
can anyone help me? or is it just all the cold meds i'm on right now making me delusional?