1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

I can't wait for Halloween! Haha
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

newsmanfan likes this.
  3. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

I think my friends and I are going as all the fast food restaurant mascots. :)
  4. Fersureitsjess

:p my friends and I are going to be police/firefighter/swat team
  5. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

Just realized I can't take my brother trick-or-treating; I don't get back from school until 8:30. :( Oh, well, I'm wearing my witch hat to school that day :D
  6. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------------
    Bought some new lights last night (LED jack-o'lanterns on a string) and was just at Ace's a little while ago buying a socket plug adaptor so I can plug 'em in to the porch light. Decorating today! Wooo hooo! So far I have a great spooky branch which I stripped of all leaves, the lights, some creepy cloth to drape from the porch overhang, pumpkins, a garland...not a lot. But I'm working on it. Hoping to be able to budget a large evil-pumpkin-headed scarecrow to sit on the front patio and leer at little kids...heh heh heh...I'll make it myself of course.

I specifically secured work off that night just to be able to hand out candy, which I haven't done in years (long story). Looking forward to it. There's hardly anything spooky around my current neighborhood and I'd love to change that!

This is the site of a guy I did some business with a couple years back. He builds most of his own stuff and sets up an amazing yard display outside Chicago:

http://www.haunt31.com/indexA.htm

Check out his pics and video from years past. Amazing work. He built a flying ghost rig for my workplace back when I was at Bookmans, and I built the ghost to fly on it (hm, I'll have to post a pic of that). No job too weird!
    ------------------
  7. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I'm trying to decide what to go as. We do this thing called a truck or treat at my church where a bunch of us park in a circle in a parking lot and hand out candy. It's supposed to be a safer alternative to trick or treating because it's a little more contained and parents can keep a better eye on their kids. It's a lot of fun.
    Anyway a lot of us dress up our trunck and stuff so I was thinking that I might convert the trunk into a puppet theatre and go as a pupper to hand out candy. I'm just not sure what the puppet should be. If I can't decide I might just go as Miss Piggy again and bring Kermit along.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  8. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

One of my best friends, and I might go out as Link Hogthrob, and Miss Piggy. She has the interest to check out my new beanies when I see her soon. She was psyched. <3

Just like GH, I'm gonna tag along my :)-mie dolly. <3

[​IMG]

Also, Ellie (DramaQueenMokey), and I are planning to be Miss Piggy, and Johnny Fiama from TMWoO this Halloween. It was her suggestion for me to cross-dress as Mr. Fiama. :skeptical: :mad: *swoon*

[​IMG]
  9. Gonzo's Hobbit

Nice Link Beanie Linkie.
    LinkiePie<3 likes this.
  10. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

*hug* Thank voi, GH. ^.^

:mad: approves to bring :)!
  11. Gonzo's Hobbit

You're welcome

I just had a thought. It would be so much fun to find a bunch of Muppet fans, rent a bus-like van, maybe get some magnetic letters and have everyone dress up like a different muppet, and then go...somewhere. That's kinda where my idea fizzles out
    LinkiePie<3 likes this.
  12. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

YES! I have all the pieces of my costume except I lost my eye patch :( But I can and will get a new 1 :)
  13. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of dressing up to give out candy in my dorm...or just be weird and walk around campus like that XD

I don't know what though. My mom suggested punk rocker. But I was like...Wait, I kinda already dress like that. Then she said dye my hair green and purple.
  14. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Then go as a preppie conservative!
    ----------------------
  15. heralde

AMC's showing Stephen King movies tonight, right now it's Carrie. Just when you thought it was safe to go to the prom! ;)
  16. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Oooo! Stephen King Drinking Game anybody?! ;)
    heralde likes this.
  17. heralde

I don't want the hangover...

Well let's see though...

1. Rednecks, check
    2. Religion portrayed as crazy, check
    3. One dimensional bullies, check
    4. Unexplained paranormal phenomenon, check

Though Carrie's ending isn't a let down, that's for sure!
  18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Carrie was the first Stephen King book I read XD

The movie is kinda...meh
  19. Fersureitsjess

Agreed. I enjoyed the book more.
  20. heralde

I haven't read the book, but I love the movie. It really captured the issue of bullying well.

The remake, now that was meh, lol.