1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. BradyBunchFan

BradyBunchFan Well-Known Member

It doesn't have a limit. My town's trick or treating has always been like that ever since I moved up here.

2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh no big deal, it's just interesting. In my town Trick or Treating pretty much starts when school ends around 3pm and people still stop by as late as 9 or 10pm (teenagers obviously).

3. BradyBunchFan

A lot of kids didn't show up last year. Most of them are my neighbors or people who live across from me. Some of my neighbors just leave out candy for the kids to take.

4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

You like contradicting yourself, dont you?

You just said you can only trick or treat from 6-8. That is a time limit. And that is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Man I feel sorry for my kids...its bad enough I live in a town where halloween isn't even celebrated...but limits to when you can trick or treat and age limits...in a few years you'll only be able to trick or treat from like 4-5 and only if you are 6 years old or under :|

I'm in a really bad mood today

5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Various kids dressed up today. We interviewed several of them with my FOA Muppet for our variety show; it was a great filming session.

6. BradyBunchFan

The whole town can trick or treat from 6-8 PM.

7. heralde

We're just saying, in my town there's no rules like that. People just go trick or treating when they feel like it.

8. BradyBunchFan

My dad just made my Halloween costume for me!

9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

For those who may not have already seen this on Scarblog:

[​IMG]

BradyBunchFan likes this.
  10. BradyBunchFan

This should go in The Funny Picture Thread!

11. BradyBunchFan

I'm giving out the Halloween candy and I am waiting for more kids to come.

12. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Today, even though there was no Halloween-ness in the office I went in costume:

[​IMG]

I normally wear jeans and sneakers, but today I outdressed most of the attorneys! A lot of people asked me if I had an interview.

Tonight I'm waiting for trick-or-treaters. I've got a box of mini chocolate bars (not those tiny half-a-bite things, I'm not that stingy) and I've rooted through them to pick out the ones I like. So the Hershey bars will go first, and if I need more I'll start on the cookies & cream and Mr. Goodbars. But I'm not giving out the candy; Mokey will. What's the point of making all these puppets if I can't have a little fun with 'em? And anyone who recognizes her will get a bonus Fraggle Rock Halloween comic left over from last year.

Mo Frackle and heralde like this.
  13. heralde

That's cool, what is it?

14. BradyBunchFan

A paper bag!

15. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

you know some people maybe surprised here buy Halloween isn't really s big thing in Scotland. I mean when I was younger I went out and did it got the candy but that was it of course now because we've moved we close the curtains and turn the lights (yeah we're that house booo hisss ) I remember last my Dad went out to America and told us what they do out there is insane all house with Halloween decorations up the works here we don't do that I only saw one house with stuff up while I was walking my dog I guess it never really caught on here as it did in the states.

16. D'Snowth

Oh joy and rapture... now comes the part of the holiday where it falls upon me to eat all of the candy that was left over from lack of trick-or-treaters... fun, fun, fun... :rolleyes:

17. Slackbot

Hmm. I expected gender confusion when I performed Rocky Horror. I'd do a show as Frank, and then after the show when people heard my real voice they'd exclaim "You're a woman?!" That was a compliment, because it showed I'd pulled the illusion off. However, when people blurt out things like this in real life...sheesh.

Anyway! On a whim I had Mokey give out Halloween candy to trick-or-treaters. (Why Mokey? She has live hands.) Some of the kids got so excited when they saw her, although I don't think any of them knew who she was.

18. D'Snowth

Admittedly, I AM a little curious as to how it can be considered, "Dressed in drag" when you are woman, but then again, I know many drag queens insist on being refered to as women even though they're really men... oh, I give up, I'm straining my brain thinking to much into this... maybe Eddie Izzard can explain it someday.

Well, another Halloween has come and gone... I don't understand it, I went trick-or-treating, and all I got was a bag full of rocks.

Oh wait, wrong program...

19. Slackbot

I normally wear denim, Reeboks, and more denim. I'm not a femme. So, I joke that dressing up all professional and ladylike is, for me, drag. I felt like Corporal Klinger.

D'Snowth and heralde like this.
  20. dinoboy

dinoboy Member

Halloween is just one of those holidays you tend to outgrow and treat it like any other ordinary day. You mostly go and buy the bags of those little chocolate bars and give it out to the trick or treaters and that's that. Maybe you can get a smile in seeing on what the kids are dressing as nowadays, but I didn't see any kids as sesame street characters. I've heard that NYC may have had some kind of costume parade or something. Wonder if anyone got dressed as Sesame street characters.