Halloween is just around the corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm so disappointed they never made a second Halloween special. I mean, Peanuts has 4 Christmas specials, and that's not counting the 2 "Making of" specials about the first one.
And they even made a second Thanksgiving special, where they imagine/re-enact the first Thanksgiving in their own fashion, kind of like how The Chipmunks did to help teach Theodore American history, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And they even made a second Thanksgiving special, where they imagine/re-enact the first Thanksgiving in their own fashion, kind of like how The Chipmunks did to help teach Theodore American history, lol.
Well, on a technicality it DOES count as one, despite the fact it was part of the "This is America, Charlie Brown" series of historic based specials.

Though, I'd like to add they had at least one or 2 more Christmas segments in the Charlie Brown and Snoopy show as well, and I think it could have been reused in "It's Christmas Time Again, Charlie Brown." I barely remember it if it really was on the series... I've had the Halloween one on tape for some time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think any of the other specials are as memorable as the originals, but though I must admit, I did kind of like those Charlie Brown Christmas Tales my ABC usually airs right after A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Sadly, I don't remember much of The Charlie Brown, and Snoopy Show. I remember watching it on Disney Channel when I was REALLY, REALLY little (like two or three), but I just don't remember much about it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think "It's Christmas Time again, Charlie Brown" was great. Something about it seemed Seinfeldian... the "Hockey Stick" thing maybe?

I picked up to look at a copy of the WB release of the Great Pumpkin, and it had 2 short cartoons at the end of it as bonus features... Something about Magic, and I forget the other one. The Election Special isn't featured, but rather has its own disk, with "He's a Bully, Charlie Brown" on it.

BTW- fist 10 minutes of "It's the Great Pumpkin" in Japanese

Very weird dub... they seem to completely do the opposite of what Shulz wanted with his Peanuts stuff (Adults do the voices, and they don't even try to sound like kids).

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Yeah, the Japanese dub is strange. I saw clips of Easter Beagle, and most of the voices simply don't fit. They sound decades older than they should, and Peppermint Patty sounds like a bitter, middle-aged housewife :stick_out_tongue: I really want to buy the Halloween special just to listen to the whole dub for that, but I already have the old release and don't want to double dip :frown:

Hey, Pumpkin WILL be airing in my area :big_grin: Tonight at 8 pm.

Drtooth

Reaction score
^ Yeah, the Japanese dub is strange. I saw clips of Easter Beagle, and most of the voices simply don't fit. They sound decades older than they should, and Peppermint Patty sounds like a bitter, middle-aged housewife :stick_out_tongue:
Though you gotta admit, Marcy calling PP "Sempai" is absolutely hilarious. (Sempai basically means "Master" as in you're the underling or student of someone else when you talk to them and call them Sempai... a perfect fit for Marcy).

Lucy's voice does fit... in a Adult cast muscial like Good Man Charlie Brown sort of way...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The original, musical, Charlie Brown, later went on to become... guess who... Radar O'Reilly!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Though you gotta admit, Marcy calling PP "Sempai" is absolutely hilarious. (Sempai basically means "Master" as in you're the underling or student of someone else when you talk to them and call them Sempai... a perfect fit for Marcy).

Lucy's voice does fit... in a Adult cast muscial like Good Man Charlie Brown sort of way...
Yep, "senpai" is pretty much a perfect translation for "sir." "Patty-san" certainly would not have been fitting :smile:

Sally's voice was passably OK, too. It had that kiddish sound you'd expect from her.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
If you're in the central time zone, you got about 15 minutes left of the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown special on ABC.

And no I'm not watching it.....