Halloween is just around the corner

anytimepally

Reaction score
my friends and I have been watching scary movies every few nights the past couple weeks.. I can't wait for Halloween! :scary:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just watched the Alice Cooper episode of The Muppet Show for the first time, wow! I wasn't really scared or anything. The only part that actually frightened me was when the monster with the skull mask kept popping up (But then I realized it was just an intro to a Richard/Jerry number, which made it OK lol)!

I've always liked Alice Cooper actually, and I like that The Muppet Show had a sort of contemporary (for the time) edgy Rock star, to break from the pattern of older, more wholesome entertainments (not that there's anything wrong with them, hehe). I almost wish they had gone further with the whole "sell your soul contract" storyline, but the format of the show didn't really allow for it. Not saying I'd be in favor of such an evil contract, hehe, just would have been interesting to see! :wink:

But anyway, it was definitely a great episode, my personal favorite scene was the cave stalagmites that kept talking about a toothache. Freaky! :insatiable:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But anyway, it was definitely a great episode, my personal favorite scene was the cave stalagmites that kept talking about a toothache. Freaky! :insatiable:
That part scared me the first time it popped up :embarrassed:

But anyway, I've got a stack of scary movies that I'm gonna be watching halloween after I get back fromgiving out candy and scaring little kids (not really)

And i finally got a VCR, so I can actually watch them XD

I think I will watch either The Omen, The Fog, or some werewolf movie we have first

Xerus

Reaction score
How are tootsie rolls considered lame? They are delicious...

I can't wait for halloween this year! I'm going to a party dressed as Tinkerbell... I've got my costume all figured out, it's going to be so much fun!
I don't know why they considered Tootsie Rolls lame either. I like them a little in case I want a chocolate fix after a meal. And I think Candy Corn is good too.

Another lame treat some people give out are pennies.

And I hope your Tinkerbell costume is a big success. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I miss Butterfinger B.B.s. I used to like to pop those in my mouth at the movies while eating an entire tub of popcorn with a bottle of Hawaiian Punch.

Why did they stop making those?
Well, I believe someone said something on a TV show about how there are commonly 3 major candy bar brands, Nestles, Hershey/Reeses, and M&M/Mars. And they basically just have the same candies... Nestle has Crunch and Butterfinger, Mars has Snickers, Milky Ways, 3 Musketeers and M&M's, and Hershey has Kit Kats (an oddity, since it's basically the same thing they release in Europe and Asia, but it's released by their original producer, Nestle), Peanut butter cups, Reeses Pieces, And a couple others. And basically they usually make variations on their products for variety.

Some stay, like Almond Snickers, Dark Chocolate Milky Ways and the like, but then their are the temporary ones like BB's, Big Cups, and at one time they had this 3 Musketteer bar that was like just the filling, but stretched out and flattened until it was similar to an "Air Heads."

Of course, there are smaller candy companies, and they usually just produce stuff regionally.

As for treats, anything but raisins. Yuck. And I do get candy sticks for my self time to time (when I'm somewhere with bulk candy) just for the boxes, and choke down their chalky unpleasantness.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dont like tootsie rolls. Thise things are gross, but I dont really like chocolate flavored things, only chocolate like a chocolate bar thats made with real chocolate, not some nasty flavoring. I dont like candy corn either

But the only thing I dont like getting is Blue Bunny chocolate. That stuff is absolutly disgusting. So is their ice cream

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Thank you, Xerus! :big_grin: Also thank you, heralde, and Tony for agreeing with me on how awesome Tootsie rolls are. Do you guys like the Tootsie roll pops? Best lollipops ever!

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
*sighs* Wish I could go trick-or-treating, but... there's a football game Halloween night, and I, as a band member, have to attend... *sighs*

Oh well... at least I can watch Nightmare Before Christmas from now until December. *silently thanks Tim Burton*

*walks away while humming "This is Halloween"*

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Boys and girls of every age
Wouldnt you like to see someting strange
come with us and you will see
this our town of halloween

I've got that song practically memorized :stick_out_tongue:

But I like Kidnap the Sandy Claws better :wink: