1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I think the movie version of It tackled bullies a lot better TBH. :o
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I admit I've only seen a couple scenes of IT, but I do agree with Nostalgia Critic, it wasn't at all scary, hehe.

I think both films did a good job addressing bullying, but IT felt more over the top for me.
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

LOL, I was actually just being sarcastic. It is pure nonsense. :cool:

"You have Prince Albert in a can? You do! Well, you better let the poor guy out! Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha!"
  4. heralde

Ohhhhhh, lol. Sorry! :o:halo:

"Oh wait you forgot to scare him for two months and brag about how things float!" LOL
  5. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------------
    Any Stephen King drinking game has to have double shots anytime King himself makes a dumb cameo, and extra points (everyone ELSE has to drink besides the person who first points it out) whenever a character has the name of some awful person King encountered in real life, as he frequently works them into his fiction. (The van driver in "Kingdom Hospital" comes immediately to mind!)

On the subject of scary movies... what is everyone's favorite film to watch this time of year? For my money, NOTHING has EVER beat out the original version of "The Haunting" (1963, with Julie Harris in an amazingly neurotic performance and Russ Tamblyn lounging around and drinking a lot). No monsters or ghosts are ever actually shown...and it's still the scariest danged film out there, period. IMHO. :news:
    -----------------------
  6. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I really like watching Van Helsing. We watched it one time at a Halloween Chilli/Bonfire in the mountains one time and ever since then no Halloween is complete without it. I know my mom always makes it a point to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown".
  7. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Unfortunately, I'm going to be at work until 9 pm, so I won't get to do anything :( Maybe I'll hold my usual "Halloween specials and bad movie marathon" the day before.
  8. heralde

Did anyone notice that McDonald's is doing their Halloween pails again? That really takes me back! Lol

I also remember winning the Pumpkin painting contest in Kindergarten and getting McDonald's gift certificates, which we gave out to trick or treaters for many years. Kids were always so shocked; they weren't expecting fries or an ice cream sundae for Halloween, lol.
  9. BigzSarducci

BigzSarducci New Member

<-----I could dress up my muppet: "Mr. Fancy Pants" for halloween and go with my neices and nephews.

~Bigz
  10. newsmanfan

--------------------
    Sounds like a fun plan, Bigz! Go for it. For extra points, have the Muppet "trick-or-treat" along with the kiddies. Make him a little pumpkin to hold his candy! See how many houses actually give him something...hee hee hee....

--------------------
  11. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

So I bought some of that colored hairspray stuff and fangs. I'm gonna be a punk vampire XD
  12. newsmanfan

-----------------------
    Sweet. I'm still trying to decide what to carve my pumpkins as...I don't have enough time to get really elaborate but I don't want boring. Am thinking maybe an open book with a spider for the big, flattish "Cinderella" pumpkin and a raven for the regular one...

Sadly, I'll probably just throw on a Halloween t-shirt to wear answering the door. No costume this year...but I'm still hoping for a plaid sports coat by Nov 23!
    -----------------------------
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

me at work last night...and today too. i made it myself. (yes, my fingernails are green too):)
    [​IMG]
  14. heralde

The shoes are a great touch, lol. :)
    frogboy4 likes this.
  15. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

That is an aweseom costume Frogboy

I'm so happy, I'm finally finished with my Halloween Puppet. I'm gonna use her to hand out candy this year. We're doing a tunk or treat and my sister had an idea that I should have a bell on my car that the kids can ring like a doorbell.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  16. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

17. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

SHOES! *grabby hands*

I've always wanted a pair of green shoes
    frogboy4 likes this.
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My costume was really cheap. Just a green hoodie + some felt = Kermit! :)
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

YAY. I got to mope around the house all day.

I'm really considering harshly demoting this holiday as my second least favorite under Valentines day. For the same reasons, of course. Halloween, unless you're a kid or an adult with somewhere to go, it's just another day. Actually, worse... because it's just another day where you're SUPPOSED to be having fun, and you're not.

All I get out of the day is the Simpsons Halloween episode and Count Chocula (because thanks to nitwit parental groups, you can't get it year round when I defy someone to tell me High Fructose corn syrup drenched Special K is oh so much more healthy). The special was okay, I guess... I didn't get any of the references since I don't watch Dexter that doesn't have a laboratory and I didn't bother with Avatar. NBC didn't even rerun the Monsters VS Aliens special. In fact, the only great thing was that after many head banging attempts, I got the entire run of Treehouse of Horror Burger King figures.
  20. newsmanfan

-------------------
    Was pleased with the results of my house setup, even though I didn't have the budget I wanted to really go over the top. But my scary/scared jack-o'lanterns were a hit, and hey, turning out all the lights except for those and some candles and small pumpkin LED strings did the trick! Had LOTS of trick or treaters, had to dip into my personal candy stash. Worth it for the reactions. Line which made me grin: hearing a group of kids hesitantly shuffling up to the door, whispering, until finally one of them hissed, "Well SOMEONE has to knock!"

Love the costume Frogboy! But goodness...WHERE do you work? Looks...intriguing! ;)

--------------------------