1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'll go along with that, lol.

But did you get your Section-VIII?

2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

No. If my everyday act doesn't get me a Section 8, this wouldn't have a hope.

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you know? It's November first and the worst Halloween commercial is still on. A local car commercial that goes something like this:

"Candy. Everyone loves getting candy. But you're (whatever) dealer would like to give you candy too. Automotive candy, that is."

First off, anyone that says "that is" at the end of a sentence as a joke should be forced to be removed from society... secondly... Oh yeah, Automotive candy is definitely a thing. That's a term everyone uses all the time. Seriously, what a clever, not at all a complete reach of a commercial. Seriously, we have a REAL Don Draper here coming up with the most brilliant... aw forget it with the sarcasm. Someone got paid to pull something completely idiotic and a complete stretch at that out of their butts at 4 AM before the thing was due. And the worst part is, you just replace the word candy with "treat" and at least it sounds plausible.

Seriously... Automotive candy. We trying to make "fetch" happen or what?

4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Why wasn't boomerang playing the two fosters halloween episodes Yesterday :rolleyes::concern::mad::grouchy::confused::eek::grr::sigh:

5. D'Snowth

Because Foster's shouldn't be on Boomerang, because it's not a classic cartoon?

Either that, or the same reason WGN never plays those marathons of THE MUNSTERS anymore.

6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Thank Goodness Halloween is over, and we can focuses on the fun days like Thanks Giving and Christmas!

7. MuppetSpot

Well Foster's is on boomerang now :D:fishy::super::insatiable::laugh::crazy:

8. MuppetSpot

Time to bump my favorite thread. Boo.:batty::scary:

Dominicboo1 likes this.
  9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Just wondering. Who is your avatar of? I don't think i've ever seen him. Oh and can't wait for Halloween shows and specials to start airing.

MuppetSpot likes this.
  10. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

One word. Halloweentown. I need those movies.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  11. MuppetSpot

Lieutenant from Citykids and I can't wait too.

12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Oh that's why i hadn't seen him. I've always wanted to see that show but never got to. Neat tho.

13. MuppetSpot

I always wanted to Citykids as well.

14. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

This might have been mentioned sometime before, but I just found what's apparently one of the original versions of the opening to It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, complete with the ads for Coke and Dolly Madison. Explains why the opening we're all used to seeing ends so abruptly with the owl flying at us:

15. D'Snowth

What they could have done was perhaps overlay blank patches on the scarecrows, perhaps a jack-o-lantern face over the Coke logo, and something else spooky-looking over the Dolly Madison logo. After all, apparently in the original print of A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS, it was a Coca-Cola bottle the Peanuts gang were hurling snowballs at inside of a blank alluminum can.

But you know what would make this Halloween really great? If we were to suddenly receive another random visit from King Agrippa again... just so long as he doesn't go all Brokeback on me like he did during our first encounter when he was haunting the MC forums for a day.

16. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

I'm going to be Princess Silver from Yume No Crayon Oukoku for Halloween. My other costume choice (to wear at school) is going to be Cinderella, due to the upcoming movie and because I get called that by many kids at my school because I am clumsy and sometimes drop things.
    I recall watching that film as a kid when Disney Channel aired it once. Man, I watched a lot of Disney Channel and Toon Disney growing up-oh, and Saturday morning cartoon blocks.
    I also remember another Halloween show that used to air on NickToons-Edgar and Ellen. Does anyone else remember that? I used to love watching that, Rugrats, Kappa Mikey, Mr. Meaty and some other show which escapes me now...

17. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Sadly, I'm at that age where even though I love halloween, there's not much for be to do.

Meh. I'll still do my weekly halloween avatars I guess so thats...something...

18. D'Snowth

No one's been posting in this thread this month... guess people are sick of Halloween by now.

19. MuppetSpot

Yeah I just notice that today also But, anyway I just watched Great Pumpkin and I got Steve Monster in my head.:confused:

20. D'Snowth

Probably because when he went trick-or-treating one year, all he got was a plastic pumpkin full of rocks.

MuppetSpot and WalterLinz like this.