Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Am I missing something here....less than perfect? Who ever said they where going to be perfect in the beginning? And they did say that they are still working on him. We don't eve know what the final product will look like. They are still showing it to Disney and getting things changed on him. I cannot believe that some are still going by the "old prototype photo's". Amy even said that they are still working on him with professional Muppet people as well as Disney. The one on the webpage is NOT the final product. Sheesh. And last, I think he will sell just fine. Just cause something does not sell out doesn't mean that he is not doing good market wise.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
MuppetCaper, I'm not really sure why you are getting so upset. When you started this thread, you made it sound like (to me at least, that's why I was so worried) these were supposed to be new pictures of a new prototype. Myself and others suggested changes, and you jumped right on board. Now that Amy has indeed confirmed that these are just pics of the same old prototype, you make it sound like you knew this all along.

My mistake, I didn't know that. Yes, we do now know that they're still working on him, that they're indeed addressing our concerns (first news on the adjustments that we've ever heard I'll remind you), I'm sure we'll all calm down. Please remember this before you decide that we've all got our heads somewhere, alright my friend?

I'm very glad to finally hear some news from MR about Gonzo. Hopefully they'll be able to share news more often than not so this doesn't get blown way out of proportion again.

Cheers,
Anthony

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I am not upset....just confused is all. And I did not jump on board anything, I agreed with is all. And gave you her email address.....Maybe even suggest that we all help out is all. But never jumuped anything.

I have always been happy with him from the get go. I never placed any judgements on him other than his suit color. I am happy with whatever they do with him. It's just the nitpicking gets a little old is all. I hope you understand.

Oh yeah, I wanted to add this also. During trivia Friday, these are what Amy showed me and we all thought they where new pictures. My bad....I did not know.

No heart feelings? :embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
Am I missing something here....less than perfect? Who ever said they where going to be perfect in the beginning? And they did say that they are still working on him.
I agree it was never gonna be a mirror copy of a Muppet, but from the claims of them being the most realistic, most authentic, using close materials etc etc as well as the price these come in at, you would be expecting something pretty spot on - just like proto Kermit and just like the proto seen of Fozzie. I don't feel they have done that with either Gonzo or Animal (from what i have seen so far). I don't particularly blame them for it - just Henson are the best puppet builders in the world. You're not going to be able to just give a knocked down version of some of these puppet designs to some factory in China and get a decent looking product out - you have to use certain materials, shape and stitch them a certain way to get the right look or it doesn't work, period. The Muppets are a hard sell even with the top quality $10 figures, so with something like this maybe the more basic puppet designs would have made better character choices, at least at first.

This kinda goes back to the debate when these were announced as to whether Disney should have ever granted this license. A lot of people were against it because they felt if the likeness didn't do the actual puppets justice it would degrade the image of the Muppet characters. I was all for it because i felt MR would somehow end up nailing these, but i'm a bit more on the fence now. None of them have looked bad by any means and i'm sure they will improve a fair bit before we see them but i just expected a little more - if doing $1000 ltd editions of 500, with original matierials and by pro puppet builders would have meant the serious collectors ended up with absolute museum pieces like you get with some high end Star Wars, i would have rather they done that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:zany: Apparently the suit color they have chosen coincides exactly with the PMS color they received. MR is aware this color looks redder, they think it is a smidge redder too, but that it also looks good (and classic) when ya see him.

The number of him, however...they must have a lot of confidence in him. The price? Not pleased, but again, it shows that they have confidence in the blue dude. I hope they're right! :concern:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Prices

What price did she say?

I don't get why they can't get a color match for the Gonzo suit - do they dye it themselves or just get a bulk load in from a list of colors?
Gonzo was to be $199.00 and Fozzie $399.00, but she added it was preliminary information so everything is subject to change.(And it did in Gonzo's case- now I am worried with Fozzie, both price wise and also that the line will get cancelled before he makes it due to slow sales):eek:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
As for the price...I am REALLY confused. I asked Amy which price is it. Cause in the newsletter, it said $250 and on the webpage it say $300.00. Talking about confussion. YIKE! :concern:

I haven't got a responce yet from her regarding the price.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Maybe the price and number of Gonzos went up due to the cost of alterations. He is, admitedly, one of the most difficult Muppets to create. I'm just speculating about that. I did anticipate a price hike if they tinkered with the design. How things go. This increase causes me to believe MR is actually making improvements! So, I hope it's a good thing.

Man, I just checked-out the site and there's a lot of promise in the photographs. I still would like to see some texture on the nose. I'd also like to see nose texture and shading. The sagging lip (they are looking into) is quite evident in their crossed-arm pose of Gonzo. It's the center of his face in the photograph. Hmmm. I hope they get around to fixing that.

So, still buyin' him. Just don't know how happy I'm going to be yet. I really hope this becomes the standard Gonzo! :concern:

Davina

Reaction score
well, i have to say, at least the nose looks pretty good in the prototype photo.. much better then the earlier ones anyway :smile:

no, just to find out what's going on with that price issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.