1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by MuppetCaper, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. It's not available for pre-order yet. It's still a "coming soon" item.
  2. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

Weird, when I first saw it, I could have sworn I saw the Pre-order button. That or am still sleep walking.

My apologies for getting everyones hopes up. :(
  3. It's wishful thinking! ;)
  4. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

I guess I was just trying to use a Jedi Mind trick. I'm just not a Jedi yet. :(
  5. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Can you use your Jedi powers and get Fozzie to me tomorrow!
    Thankyou young padawan!
  6. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

Seriously MuppetCaper, I think you also need to dial back how judgemental you are being of other's judgements! Your comment on the MR board was out of line - you were more than happy to say that "everyone should email MR because I wonder if they're even listening and use the retouched picture to explain our demands" (excuse my paraphrasing).

Likewise if you're not interested in reading people's criticisms, then don't read them! If you don't have enough faith in your own opinions about MR's Gonzo that your enjoyment is diminished by people airing their own worries, then I suggest you are more easily swayed than you would like to think. No one here is suggesting that we shouldn't be excited by the prospect of Gonzo, but you need to allow people their own opinions rather than accepting your blind faith assertion that everything will be great.
  7. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

:concern: preorder is tomorrow at 9:00 PST for Collectors Society members and Thursday at 9:00 PST for non Collectors Society members. I hope the final version addresses the issues, is better than the prototype and gets the nose right.
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

The whole point of forums are to express views, it doesn't have to be a cheerleading club. Travis got his job at Palisades from being known from here, Terry became known to the Palisades guys because he posted here and members put them in touch with him. Never underestimate the power of the 'central, lol. A lot of the time people here know the reference material better than the people who are advising the company producing the item - the whole idea is (as you were suggesting earlier on) to alert them to any issues. Even though the price isn't a lot considering, it isn't loose change so i tend not to have blind faith in things.

Mistersuperstar - you are so right about not going by the official photos. It's a shame people can't really see these in person before they buy, i think they'd pick up a lot more impulse sales.
  9. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I understand and apologize for that to everyone. I REALLY think you guys are totally awesome and I respect that. May I am just too excited about him as well and I am getting a little over the top, I don't know. I just want to have fun. So HUGZ to you all!

YOU ALL ROCK!

Oh yeah....I forgot, Amy said that the price is $300.00 at MR.
  10. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Thats cool, I love all the drama over the replicas coming out and in yrs time Im gonna miss all of the speculation, hope, critisism, excitement over getting new replicas!
  11. Telly

Telly Active Member

It kinda reminds me back in the day with the Palisades line
  12. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

I miss the old Palisades days!
  13. MuppetCaper

It's kinda sad in a way cause when you think you got new news to share with everyone, it end up bing old news and your back to square one again. This gets so confusing. I miss the days when Travis use to come on here and tell us what's going with the photo puppet line. Now we have no one. :sympathy:
  14. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I think that looks pretty good. I would totally love to add that to my collection, looks like I'm going to need to start saving money now.
  15. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

No one? Dont forget that Terry keeps us informed at the Artist Prototype stages when he can, and Amy also pops in from time to time.:)
  16. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Looks like he is up for pre order! Well for members anyway! Now the wait begins..............
  17. MuppetCaper

Well I meant as far as updates from MR. Terry does an awesome job of letting us know of his prototypes.

Also, I got mine ordered today! Not bad for $269.10.
  18. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Hey MuppetCaper, I hope all is cool between us:) Have you preordered Gonzo yet? I have just ordered mine.........cannot wait to have all 3 Replicas in my office!
  19. MuppetCaper

Oh, everything is awesome guy. I got mine also! I cannot wait now. The wait is going to be Loooonnngggg. YIKES! :concern:
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Realistic Projections?

So, to recap:

:) Kermit was actually released (in hand) - January 2007
    :halo: Animal will actually be released (in hand) - December 2007
    :concern: Gonzo is projected to be released - spring 2008

This is certainly not a criticism. I know the good stuff takes time. But, I'm wondering if we should be expecting (about) one Muppet-per-year, possibly a second, rather than the three-per-year plan? I have the feeling that with this pattern, Gonzo could get bumped to summer or even early fall. Hope he doesn't, of course. But that would bump Fozzie down to next winter or so. That means, with warehouses, shipping and unforeseen delays, there's a possibility that we might not see the bear till 2009 with the pig to follow and Rizzo might take till 2010!

Just speculation and trying to see a pattern so I don't get my hopes too high. Thoughts? I have feeling that Piggy and Rizzo won't be nearly as likeness-challenging as Gonzo has been. That beautiful troublesome nose of his!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.