Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
All that response tells me is that they don't say much, and never have really. I'm sure when they're ready we'll see it.

It's times like this you miss Ken, there's no way that guy would have allowed a sock nose, not on his watch. He never did Sweetums until he was sure he could get it made how he wanted.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Are the initial MR photos of Kermit and Animal of the actual products or the prototypes? If they are the actual products, I find it slightly worrying that they were available to photograph when they went up to pre-order while we are still waiting for Gonzo. They are expecting to ship at the beginning of April. Also, they really need to get someone in to pose these replicas properly before they take the photos. There are so many photos around on the internet they could use for ideas. There first photo of Gonzo on MRs site is taken from a very strange angle. No wonder he doesn't look right.

muppetguy

Reaction score
In response to Mistersuperstar...

The initial photos of Animal and Kermit on the MR website are the prototype pictures. Animal is very close to the actual product, but you can tell it's the prototype because you can't see the eyelid contraption and his black brows are completely on the whites of his eyes, which is not true for the acctual product we now own and love so dearly. So, as for Gonzo, I am sure he wil most likely look slightly different or majorly different. Look at Kermit on MR and the one's we have, the colors differ alot. Hope this helps.:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Pre-ordered my Gonzo today, and am not going to get an Animal after all. Finger crossed now that Gonzo will turn out alright!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
So no more news, I hope we see something within the next 2 weeks. So does anyone know when MR are expected to get Gonzo to the customer? It cant be long.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Pre-ordered my Gonzo today, and am not going to get an Animal after all. Finger crossed now that Gonzo will turn out alright!
Woohoo for Gonzo! You actually put some support behind him. I'm still figuring out how to finance him down the line. My guess is that I'll have plenty of time for that. :concern:

Animal is certainly expensive and I can understand the reasons to pass on him, but am wondering what brought you to this decision? I can tell you, although I'm saving a complete report on Animal for a few days, he is excellent and really requires no actual alteration (except for carefully taking a Sharpie maker to the eyebrow seam). Likeness shouldn't enter into the decision making with this item. Cost I can understand. :halo:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Woohoo for Gonzo! You actually put some support behind him. I'm still figuring out how to finance him down the line. My guess is that I'll have plenty of time for that. :concern:

Animal is certainly expensive and I can understand the reasons to pass on him, but am wondering what brought you to this decision? I can tell you, although I'm saving a complete report on Animal for a few days, he is excellent and really requires no actual alteration (except for carefully taking a Sharpie maker to the eyebrow seam). Likeness shouldn't enter into the decision making with this item. Cost I can understand. :halo:
Do you really thing that he is a lot of money for what he is.....I guess here in the UK £150 for him doesnt seem that much when you consider the costs of bloody everything here!:smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I don't think he's expensive at all IF he turns out fairly close to the Terry proto. Although I'm exercising caution and only ordering one Gonzo at present. That may change if we see evidence that MR listened to our concerns but at the moment I have my doubts. Animal was SUPERB value for money and most people that have seen mine guessed his cost at around a grand! Many non-Muppet fans are also considering buying Animal based on seeing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.