Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
Good point.

What part was it used for Animal?
Yeah eyelids and possibly the teeth, and prob not scott foam either so not as strong even. I have heard these things can be coated to preserve them a bit more but i'm no expert. So basically in ten years minor parts of these replias could potentially begin to degrade anyway (although i'd point out that the way the world is going, there's a good chance we'll all be turned to dust before that, lol) so thats why i wondered if it was more a cost and workmanship thing. I can see it being a bit of a nightmare having a large group of factory sweatshop workers who probably usually make Care Bears at $2 an hour learn how to expertly carve 500 Gonzo noses out of foam, lol.

I guess Disney could have just picked on the nose thing (lol) but i would have thought ten years was about their QC benchmark - any kind of plush no matter what it is isn't going to look its best after 10 years if it isn't looked after properly. It's all about how you look after these babies .... i had a monkey plush as a kid thats face, hands and feet were made from foam and coated in plastic. That was about 25 years ago ... and the plastic, foam has only just started to crack and degrade. I can produce this monkey for scientific evaluation if needed! It was in regular sunlight for about 10 years and stored away after that. That's why i'd say these are premium products, people will look after these way better, they should have realised that and made a case for it (if they didn't and got turned down) so they could use the proper stuff!

I've just admitted to a large group of people i still have my toy monkey ... oh the shame of it! :eek: :embarrassed:

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I still think the material and texture of Animal's teeth would be perfect for Gonzo's nose...

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I PM'd CSTom (the new guy) and this is what transpired about picture for Gonzo:

Originally Posted by Obi_1
A lot of us where hoping that since Gonzo is near completion that we have some updated photo's of him. Is there a way we can see how he looks now and post them up in the forum. That would be great for all the Muppet fans.

Please, please, PLEASE? :concern:

Thanks,

Obi_1

CSTom:

Hey Obi,

An announcement will be made with photos as soon as everything's ready. Stay tuned!

So let's all keep our fingers crossed! :concern:

Ignohippo

Reaction score
That tells me they may be still doing some troubleshooting on the line.

Thanks for the update obi!

Davina

Reaction score
Luke, if it makes you feel any better.. I still have a large stuffed dog (wearing overalls, even...) That I've had for, oh, about 30 years... I've dragged him everywhere with me (even to college.. heh..) he's had a few minor repairs over the years (mostly restitching ears and such..) but is otherwise in good shape.. and my step daughters have inherited several of the barbies and other plushes I had when I was younger...
so you're not the only one.... for the most part.. the old toys of mine were in better shape then some of the ones they'd had for only a year or three... heh.. and they weren't shown the best of care when I was a kid.. (some of the barbies were used as chew toys by various puppies....) but have held up the 20-30 years anyway...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That tells me they know their current photos aren't selling the product. I hope the new photos will prove improvements made on the nose.

I'm still waiting for the dang UPS man. It's supposed to get here today and I'm willing to stay in until nightfall to wait for Animal. Musac in my brain is playing "Mahna Mahna" over and over again! :halo:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
No, this just tells me that everyone wants new pictures, and so I asked if we can have new ones. Doesn't mean there product is selling bad. Everyone wants to see him as he is now produced cause no one liked the way he looked before. Maybe we are just getting what everyone wanted for a change? Who knows.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No, this just tells me that everyone wants new pictures, and so I asked if we can have new ones. Doesn't mean there product is selling bad. Everyone wants to see him as he is now produced cause no one liked the way he looked before. Maybe we are just getting what everyone wanted for a change? Who knows.
I can't imagine Gonzo selling more than the frog, who did linger for a little while, and those photos were fairly good. I still think new photos will increase sales, that's what I'm saying. And I also think and hope they've improved the nose issue. That's also what my post said. :rolleyes:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
That's why I am begging them for the new pictures is so we all know that it is a lot better. I just hope they don't forget, I might have to remind them again. It is getting suspenceful with this wait. I cannot wait to see the final product and see what they have done! :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's why I am begging them for the new pictures is so we all know that it is a lot better. I just hope they don't forget, I might have to remind them again. It is getting suspenceful with this wait. I cannot wait to see the final product and see what they have done! :big_grin:
How the information on this product is handled could be indicative of the Master Replicas' new team and approach to customer affairs. I'm glad you got such a quick response. Previous reports from them were usually slow, vague and rather impersonal. I hope and have faith that will get better.

And I hope my Animal comes soon before I pull out all my hair! UPS' site tracking is always posted after the fact. I don't hate much in this world, but I really do hate them. I've had so much sent back from UPS that wasn't my doing. Talk about customer service. UPS is total garbage in that department (from Houston, New York and San Francisco in my experience). I hate waiting. The post office is around the block, but the UPS pick-up station might as well be in Siberia it's so far away. Nobody goes there...or if they do they don't come back. Wooahahaha! Okay, I'm officially going bonkers now waiting. I wonder if a call to them will help? :halo:

Status
Not open for further replies.