Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
They have those sales pretty frequently. Try doing a search for "disneyshopping coupon" and see if anything current comes up. If not, they'll probably run the sale again in the next couple of weeks.

Telly

Reaction score
After figuring out how much I'm getting back from my taxes and watching The Great Muppet Caper tonight, I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY excited for this! :concern:

Rowlfharris

Reaction score
The Gonzo Replica we Could Have Had?

A lot has been said already about the final production MR Gonzo, and this post is not intended to be more criticism.

I accept that Terry and Travis did the best they could within the constraints of the project, and I won't be cancelling my order since it will still be the closest thing to a true Gonzo replica we ever get.

But after seeing Travis's photos I couldn't help but wonder how much more 'lifelike' he may have turned out if his mouth/beak had been shaped correctly, which as said in my previous posts would probably only be possible for mass production using some type of flocked hollow plastic moulding.

So to satisfy my curiosity, I've done a bit of amateur photoshop on some of Travis's pictures to correct the mouth. I'm not saying my alterations are accurate, in fact I didn't even refer to any reference shots, but I know one of Gonzo's defining trademarks is his lip "sneer" at the back corner of his mouth (cheek), which was unfortunately completely wrong on the final product but is quite difficult to draw (or build). I don't know whether that was an error, or the limitations of the "sock nose" materials, or if it was actually intended that Gonzo was a blend of his current persona and earlier 'droopy & sad' incarnation from Season 1.

Posted for your enjoyment, amazement or comments:

actual vs modified.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/kamelian/M_central/gonzo_paint1-1.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/kamelian/M_central/gonzo_paint2-1.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/kamelian/M_central/gonzo_paint3-1.jpg

:sympathy:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Erm...different! Not sure it's better for me and a little bit frightening, sorry Rowlfharris. :smile:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Erm...different! Not sure it's better for me and a little bit frightening, sorry Rowlfharris. :smile:
I think its a good attempt but I prefer the MR version...though the pupils are better placed in your pics.
I think a lot of people here will be forgetting the issues with Gonzo when they have. Animal is a good expamle....he looked rubbish in pictures and even out of the box but once he was styled and played with he looks spot on. I bet Gonzo has the same effect

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I know I am so ready for him. My order say "pending shipment" at MR. I cannot wait! :concern:

muppetguy

Reaction score
I have a question.

So, now that MR's warehouse has the Gonzos, do they ship Gonzos to the Disney warehouse and then disney will ship him out. How does this work? I originally ordered Gonzo on MRs site, but then found him cheaper at disney online so I ordered him there and put the savings towards Fozzie.:embarrassed:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I know for a fact that MR customers gets theirs first, then they should ship out the rest to the other companies. You should be getting Gonzo from disney's website is what I am guessing.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Master Replicas Gonzo Order page now says ''In Stock''.

I wonder how long we here in UK will have to wait. We got Animal shipped at the same time as US customers?

Chris:concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Gonzo Replica we Could Have Had?

A lot has been said already about the final production MR Gonzo, and this post is not intended to be more criticism.

I accept that Terry and Travis did the best they could within the constraints of the project, and I won't be cancelling my order since it will still be the closest thing to a true Gonzo replica we ever get.

But after seeing Travis's photos I couldn't help but wonder how much more 'lifelike' he may have turned out if his mouth/beak had been shaped correctly, which as said in my previous posts would probably only be possible for mass production using some type of flocked hollow plastic moulding.

So to satisfy my curiosity, I've done a bit of amateur photoshop on some of Travis's pictures to correct the mouth. I'm not saying my alterations are accurate, in fact I didn't even refer to any reference shots, but I know one of Gonzo's defining trademarks is his lip "sneer" at the back corner of his mouth (cheek), which was unfortunately completely wrong on the final product but is quite difficult to draw (or build). I don't know whether that was an error, or the limitations of the "sock nose" materials, or if it was actually intended that Gonzo was a blend of his current persona and earlier 'droopy & sad' incarnation from Season 1.

Posted for your enjoyment, amazement or comments:

actual vs modified.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/kamelian/M_central/gonzo_paint1-1.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/kamelian/M_central/gonzo_paint2-1.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/kamelian/M_central/gonzo_paint3-1.jpg

:sympathy:
The true likeness is probably somewhere in the middle of the two. Agreed on your nose material too. There comes a time when working on a product where you just have to release it the best it can be at that moment. I hope he turns out looking good in his snazzy little suit. Still awaiting my notification about shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.