Your Animal Replica Pictures

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Is anyone tempted to colour the white bits of plstic that are around his eyes ( the bit where the eye lashes are attached ) as it looks a little off......has anyone done this?

Luke

Reaction score
:halo: Did Animal come with a collar or chains as was in his pre-order description? That's part of where I thought the expense went. I hope that the collar and chain wasn't yanked (pun intended) merely to drum-up (pun intended again) support for accessory packs. I'd feel a bit hosed. It's Animal. The collar shouldn't come seperately. :sing: :flirt:
They are still advertising him for sale with a collar and chain (and "Mouth Expression") so if people have paid for that and not got it they oughta start asking for a free one if they start selling them in accessory packs.

I like Animal, but yes, that revision you did actually brings the character out in him which is maybe what the actual product is missing with those vacant eyes, lol. Amazing what can be achieved with just a few minor tweaks.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is anyone tempted to colour the white bits of plstic that are around his eyes ( the bit where the eye lashes are attached ) as it looks a little off......has anyone done this?
Heck, I'd Sharpie that part veeeeerry carefully if he needs it. I would. I take it that you're not going to resell him so there's no need to keep him in factory condition.

Wow! That's how his eyebrows look - all fluffy and crazed! Still stand by my near-perfect 98% rating. It's all in the eventual squishing and posing. Thanks for posting the pics! Master Replicas has done the drummer justice! :halo:

Nobody's answered about the collar and chains yet. Did he come with them?

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Soory mate...........the answer to the Q is No he does not come with a collar or chain......shame but not a biggie ( for me anyway). On thing they could have done was his wrist and leg spikes....maybe made from plastic.
The eyebrows need to be played with, I think I have mine almost right, its easy to twist them and matt them. I do think there may be too many feathers at the back of his head

muppetguy

Reaction score
Antony, that pic...

Is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I am sooooo going to pose the two of them together like that. I can't wait to get my animal!:smile: :halo:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I cant help but take pics ( even if its with my rubbish phone....the wife still has the camera! ).
Here are some more pics. I have found that the flatter the hair goes the better he looks. Id still love some arm and leg spike for him, lets hope MR release them as an add on. Just think guys, this time next yr we will have 4 of these!:concern: & :embarrassed: and if we make enough hints to MR and Terry hopefully :wink: !
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/antonydavanzo/box.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/antonydavanzo/animalandKermit2.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/antonydavanzo/animalandKermit.jpg
Im gonna go and find some old drumsticks in my attic and give him those!

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
They are still advertising him for sale with a collar and chain (and "Mouth Expression") so if people have paid for that and not got it they oughta start asking for a free one if they start selling them in accessory packs.
Honestly, it's all in their marketing of Animal. They don't say this Animal comes with it, they say he has it in his "real life" for our protection. No where in the actual product description do they say he comes with a collar & chain.

Also, you'll notice it says "Fully poseable with mouth expression", not "mouth expressions". It's a singular description versus a plural description.

I am definitely not taking sides here, it's just a clever, yet misleading, marketing ad. I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed in how the final product turned out. I was just as excited about closing his mouth and chaining him as everyone on this board. I get my Animal on Monday so I'll be able to play with him a little bit. I'll post pics as I take them.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I know it is unfair to create a digital alteration after the fact, but I just want to see if this is in the ballbark of what you are talking about. I did mess with more than just the eyes to make it the way I'd style it in my mind. Much of this can likely be achieved with posing, however you can't push the eyes closer together as in this alteration. I stilll give this replica a 98%. :halo:

:smile: I credited Lab Rat for listing a portion of his graphic. Hope that's okay. Again, it's easier to be a backseat driver on this than go through all the paces of desgning, approving, producing and distributing a product. :attitude:

I also agree with you, Was Once Ernie. There is a life that these can never have without the performer. I remember another member going so far as to say replicas were a bad idea for that reason, but I like these. The spark in these is all about the posing. When I first got my corpse like Kermit in the box I was not pleased. A few minutes later he came to life in the way I wanted.

Jamie my man! that IS SPOT on. spot on! I fig it was the eyes. Jim always says the Muppets were some what crosseyed. I CAN'T WAIT for my Animal to get here. My MR Kermie needs a friend. also a note to the other MC members posting there pics of there MR Animal's... keep them comming! I'm lovin em! and my lil bro was gonna throw away some drumsticks that he had, so I asked him if I could have them for my Animal and he sayed "sure take em".