1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Animal Replica Pictures

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by antonydavanzo, Nov 15, 2007.

1. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

But it's also the only one I have seen and he's way in the back and surrounded by bad posers. I say it's a one instance thing that was corrected and should not be the basis for a replica.

2. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

Well, The reaon I replied with what I did is because that's what was being spoken about when you said what you did. :)

3. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

4. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Hi Folks, I gotta admit, this is another home run for Master Replicas. I LOVE MY ANIMAL! I have very few issues and think MR have done a bang up job! I think you need to see the product in person to truly judge. Just one question to all the people who have got him, how do you tame the fur? I've been trying for 2 days:p

5. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

i used a hairdryer to get the feathers how i want them on his head.

6. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Yours looks truly awesome Lab Rat!

7. Telly

Telly Active Member

I'm seriously going to get Animal! Wow he looks wonderful! Labrat, your pics made me want him! :halo:

8. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

9. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

awsome! love thos pics Lab Rat :)

10. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

11. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo Active Member

I was wondering that? The eyes look better, i have mine half open as the pupils are a bit off......Id love to know as well.
    Also I got my camera back so here are some better pics......I still feel that I need to play with him a bit more to get a better look....Kermit was a lot easier to get right IMO

ENJOY

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/antonydavanzo/S8300483.jpg

12. Rowlfharris

Rowlfharris New Member

Thanks to everyone, especially Lab Rat for posting all their photos.

Although the Animal replica is not perfect, he would have to be the best, most realistic depiction of Animal that's ever been available to date. I'm waiting for mine to be shipped downunder to Aus, and can't wait to get him in a couple of weeks.

Although the 'obstructed' mouth closing and unposeable eyebrows are disappointing, I can't recall ever before seeing a commercial version of Animal that was even slightly realistic, and most relied on cheaper substitute fake fur (usually the wrong colour) for his trademark hair, which surely has to be the main thing that defines his character. On that, MR has done an excellent job for a mass-produced item that doesn't cost thousands of dollars.

As far as the exactness of the eyes, pupils and nose, Animal has changed almost every time the puppet or poser was rebuilt, and IMHO the replica looks more like a 'classic' Animal than some of the 'balding' foam posers used from the 80's, or even the recent puppet used for the Season 2 DVD menus (it resembles Animal but doesn't match the older but better ones used in the actual S2 shows).

Like Piggy, his actual likeness changed slightly all the time.

13. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

i scrapped the pupils off with my finger nail it was easy and it doesnt leave a mark on the eye the new pupils are sticky backed flocked plastic just stuck on.

14. antonydavanzo

Can you let me know where to find these pupils and can I be a real pain and ask you to take a close up of the eyes so I can copy where the pupils are.
    Cheers

15. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

Yeah thats no problem i'll take one now and add it i can send you a set of pupils if you like

16. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

17. antonydavanzo

Thanks a lot mate. I am being a real *** now........did you reuse the pupils or get new ones? I think I almost got the eyebrows right now! I have found that he looks a lot better with the eyes shut.

18. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

the pupils dont come off in one piece i made new ones.

19. antonydavanzo

Can you really send you pupils? If thats ok then let me know and Ill PM you my address........you Diamond!

20. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

Yeah i'll send you some pupils no problem.