Your Animal Replica Pictures

vaderdentist

Reaction score
JD aka Sabervault is absolutely top notch! All my MR pieces have come thru Sabervault!

I'm pleasantly suprised with the pics I've seen so far. It looks far better in the photos than I figured it would. I know I can make him look even better in person. :smile:

Dave

muppetguy

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the info you guys! I appreciate it!:halo:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
JD aka Sabervault is absolutely top notch! All my MR pieces have come thru Sabervault!

I'm pleasantly suprised with the pics I've seen so far. It looks far better in the photos than I figured it would. I know I can make him look even better in person. :smile:

Dave

Now that I worked with Animal for awhile, I am kinda happy with the way he looks on his head part. Now I got to find a way to pose him with Kermit and I will be happy. I am going to take pictures sometime soon.

MWoO

Reaction score
I mean, he is not bad looking now that I got the hair right, I had to push down gently to get it to lay down. But do it carefully cause you do not want to break the feathers. The problem with his mouth is that his tongue is in the way and it is made out of like a rubber something....I don't know. I am going to have to work on his eyebrows cause there is a white line that shows where his eyebrows are glued. I am just going to get some flat black paint and fix that. Other than that, he looks awesome. I will take some pictures soon and put them up. Other than his mouth problem, he is awesome!~
So there is mouth articulation, but the tongue gets in the way? I guess that is why it should be made of some kind of foam. No idea why they went with rubber. They could have gone with high density foam instead. I'm not getting some of the decisions made on this one and I really hope they don't mess up Fozzie this bad. Kermit was so good, Animal sounds awful to me.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
So there is mouth articulation, but the tongue gets in the way? I guess that is why it should be made of some kind of foam. No idea why they went with rubber. They could have gone with high density foam instead. I'm not getting some of the decisions made on this one and I really hope they don't mess up Fozzie this bad. Kermit was so good, Animal sounds awful to me.

It looks like his teeth are made out of foam with some kind of paint over it and they are hard. His eyelids are made out of foam....whic is weird since the tongue is not made out of foam but of some other material. His mouth moves up and down, it just doesn't close shut is all. Like I said, otherwise he looks just like Animal and I love him now that I worked with him.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Animals eyes are right next to each other in that video. Sometimes it appears as if there is a space, but that is his nose. When he looks down the eyes are clearly right next too each other with very little space. Look at any picture of animal from any ear and I bet the eyes will be right next to each other with no space. There should be no eye brow fur between them either. The replica is wrong on the eyes.
Yes, I absolutely agree with you that the Animal from The Muppet Movie has his eyes right next to each other. But the original Animal from The Muppet Show that is in the clip that I linked to has his eyes separated. I freeze-framed it when he is looking straight into camera. The main difference is that his eyebrow fur is not between his eyes, but there is a gap.

I know I'm going to seem like I'm contradicting myself here, but this is the closest to a real Muppet that we'll ever get without building our own. I don't think the slightly too large gap between the eyes ruins it in the same way that I think the wrong material for Gonzo's nose ruins him.

:stick_out_tongue:

MWoO

Reaction score
I saw the clip and they aren't far apart. Like I said they seem far apart, but the gap is the nose. Look again, or better yet check the dvd. Maybe I'll pop it in and get a screen cap. But even if the first Animal has a large gap, I don't think that one clip is the proper reference to use when every other Animal puppet has them right next to each other. Face it, it throws off the likeness a lot. Why do you pretend like this isn't true? It may not stop other people from buying it, but it is still there. Unlike Kermit, if you put a pic of the Animal replica next to a pic of an Animal poser you're gonna know which is which right way.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned the chains?

:halo: Did Animal come with a collar or chains as was in his pre-order description? That's part of where I thought the expense went. I hope that the collar and chain wasn't yanked (pun intended) merely to drum-up (pun intended again) support for accessory packs. I'd feel a bit hosed. It's Animal. The collar shouldn't come seperately. :sing: :flirt:

MWoO

Reaction score
:halo: Did Animal come with a collar or chains as was in his pre-order description? That's part of where I thought the expense went. I hope that the collar and chain wasn't yanked (pun intended) merely to drum-up (pun intended again) support for accessory packs. I'd feel a bit hosed. It's Animal. The collar shouldn't come seperately. :sing: :flirt:
Looks to me like there are no shackles on him at all. I know that sometimes Animal went without, but really it would have been nice to have them. So many things about the final product just bug me.