1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Animal Replica Pictures

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by antonydavanzo, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Just received my Animal. I must say he looks better in person than in the photos. He has a good quality feel to him. His hair is crazy tho so it'll take a while to get him looking something like. Pity about the eyebrows and mouth but with a bit of messing you can get some good expressions anyway. I'll post a few photos later once I've tamed his feathers.

2. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Hi Folks,
    I'm still REALLY lovin' my Animal. Because of the complexity of the replica, I love it more than Kermit. It genuinely feels like I now own a Muppet - something I've always dreamt of.
    Anyhoot, I came across this video with Jim, Frank and Michael Frith, and if you watch right to the end theres an interesting comment about the focus of the pupils and the reason behind it. It's also a really cool video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPKng8j9Mnw&feature=related

3. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo Active Member

Same as.............I have trimmed his chin and I am tempted to thin out the back a bit.........Im getting new pupils to out on (thanks Lab Rat!) adn then he will be 100%

4. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

OK LabRat, now you have to give us more detail on what the package looks like and what's the name on the front of the package so I can go and look for them myself for my Animal. I want to copy yours so mine can look that good!

5. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo Active Member

6. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I don't know how you did it, but yu made me want this again. Though I don't think I'd trust myself to trim the hair. Besides, I like Animal extremely shaggy.

7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

My Animal tried to get delivered today, but because I have a job I wasn't home, never am during the week, so I got nothing! :sympathy:

Hopefully those FedEx guys will work with me and schedule a drop off or something, otherwise how am I supposed to get my Animal? Boo-hoo. I'm glad the rest of you got him though, I can't wait to open him up and get him to look like Animal. I'm holding off looking at your guys' pics until I've got my own Animal to compare, then I'll post some pics.

8. MuppetCaper

You will love him when you get him. He is Awesome!

9. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

I wasn't home when they tried to deliver him, either. Luckily, the FedEx place was open until 7 and they said he would be there after 6, so I went and picked him up... but believe it or not, he's still in the shipping box because I have work to do. I'll open him later.

:p

10. MuppetCaper

Mine came like at nine in the morning when it was my day off. I was so glad when I got him. I was like a kid on Christmas!

11. goodrastus

goodrastus New Member

The pics are looking great guys - have just ordered mine now! Lab Rat, did you change Kermit's pupils too? Mine seem a bit "fuller" than other peoples but I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or not. And I'm a bit hesitant to do anything to the eyes!

12. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

no Kermits eyes are as they were i've noticed a bit of variation between the eyes in pic's i've seen though,i'm sure they could be fixed as easily as Animals were.

13. the80sdrummer

the80sdrummer Member

Hey Lab Rat, I was looking at your pics and I think I can see a hint of a collar on your Animal's neck in a couple pics. Did you make it yourself or am I just imagining things?
    Also, can you explain your "hairdryer" process? I tried for a bit to tame the feathers but I wasn't sure how long to use the dryer. I don't want to melt anything on my Animal.

Edit - What did you do with the top of his eye lids? I was considering using a
    Sharpie to color the white rim black but it looks like you did something else to hide the hideous white.
    Finally, how did you keep his eyes open for your pics?

14. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

I have a metal studded collar i bought a few years ago to put on an Animal puppet i made so i put it on the MR one it looks great,I used hot glue round the edge of the eyelid and pulled the black fur down to cover it i used the hair dryer to blow the feathers back and i used a t pin to keep the eyes open.

15. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

i have also got some metal effect plastic chain from e-bay so when that arrives i'll post more pic's.

16. AlienGonzo

AlienGonzo New Member

Animal looks really good, exciting to see another from MR! I'm just sticking to top wants though, so I'm good until Gonzo and Piggy. Might cave on Fozzie one day, but we'll see :o

17. the80sdrummer

the80sdrummer Member

It definitely looks awesome. Might I inquire where you got it?

Thanks for the tips. I'm sure I'll be trimming and gluing this week to make him look a little more classic instead of modern.

I will be putting pics up soon. I want a couple pictures of him behind my drums. I have a show tomorrow night and will most likely wait until after that to take pics just so I don't have to take all my drums out of their cases for a 10 minute photo opp.

18. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

It was from a weird little shop i got it years ago maybe you could try e-bay. I'll look forward to seeing pic's of Animal with the drums he will look great.

19. Reevz1977

It's been four days now and I still can't stop looking at him, is that normal?May have to eat soon, though... I LOVE THIS REPLICA!:flirt:

20. Reevz1977

I used to go into a little weird shop a few years back. The guy serving used to serve topless and claimed he was Elvis. He also never wore shoes! :confused: