1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Animal Replica Pictures

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by antonydavanzo, Nov 15, 2007.

1. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo Active Member

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!
    My wife has taken my cam so I cannot take pics! Ill wait until 2morrow, in the meantime I cant wait to see everyone elses, MC hurry up and post yours

2. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I don't care what anyone says, the eyes are too far apart.

3. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo Active Member

I think it depends on which era you compare him to, are you getting him MWo0? he is a fab piece to have.............am I right in saying that they are in proportion as he looks masive compared to Kermit?

4. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Lab Rat, how did you get the eyelids to stay wide open?

:p

5. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

You're entitled to your opinion, but I freeze-framed on this video that MyMuppet posted in the other thread, then went back and forth between the frame where he was looking directly at camera and Lab Rat's pictures and it sure looks right to me.

:p

6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thank you soooo much for the pictures!

Wow. Okay, we've had the best Kermit product ever, now this, in my opinion, is the best Animal product ever. Gets my endorsement! :halo:

My only (outrageously nitpicky) concerns:
    *Hair moustache around the mouth area is more pronounced than I remember.
    *Teeth are quite white.
    *Eye focus seems a microscopic bit wide.
    *Concerned about posing the eyebrows.

That being said, and that's the most critical I can get, Animal looks to be 98% spot-on. And this is just from the photographs! I know I will fall in love with mine. There are puppets Henson and Disney have used in productions that are far less close to a true representation of Animal than this one. Also, every puppet looks different.

From what has been released - MR still has the best Muppet product ever! By far. :)

Just a recap - I see Animal as 98% accurate. My nitpicky concerns with Kermit were pupil size and collar material. He's 99% accurate in my view. Both are worth getting for the fan that can invest. My only concern now is Gonzo. I'm still very concerned about the nose and top lip. In the pics (they really need to get better photos of these) I've seen from MR, Gonzo is 78% accurate. Terry's first proto was always at 100% for me. I wonder if they still have it around to compare? :concern:

7. Telly

Telly Active Member

Animal isn't one of my top ten favorite Muppets from the Muppet Show. I didn't plan on getting him. After seeing LabRat's pictures...I've changed my mind! I'm going to save up for Gonzo first and then put a good chunk aside for Fozziem, but then I'm going to start to save up for Animal! Wow! He looks soo cool! I'm jealous!

8. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Ok guys, and you too Lab Rat....how do you control the hair/fur on him? His mustache is sticking straight out and his hair is a BIG bouffont in the back and I cannot get it to lay down like it should. How did you get your Animal working right Lab Rat? And for all you guys, have some wire cutters available, there is quite a bit of wires to get loose to get him out of the box and out of his body bag. Sheesh....his hair is a mess and I cannot tame his mustache.

Oh yeah...one more thing, his mouth does not close either.

9. That's a little disappointing. It states on the MR website that it does. :(

10. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Animals eyes are right next to each other in that video. Sometimes it appears as if there is a space, but that is his nose. When he looks down the eyes are clearly right next too each other with very little space. Look at any picture of animal from any ear and I bet the eyes will be right next to each other with no space. There should be no eye brow fur between them either. The replica is wrong on the eyes.

Some proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDdWBlix48Y&feature=related from the muppet movie

http://www.brabud.nu/lotImage/muppet_animal.jpg a slightly more modern animal

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heilemann/38225027/ animal with Mr t, much much smaller eye gap

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8776667@N08/533171798/ some random animal pic.

as you can see, in all these instances animals eyes are almost right up against each other. I odn't know why I am the only one who sees this obvious error in the likeness and frankly these final product shots are making me not want animal at all.

11. It depends on which photos you look at. The more modern Animal has a bigger space between his eyes than the 70s version that had pretty much no gap. It is definitely more pronounced on the MR replica.

12. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

WHAT? His mouth does not close? Are you joking? The mouth is key to making the many animal expressions. Now i know I don;'t want him, Certainly not at 400. The mouth is a main point of expressions on any character.

13. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I've looked across the board, none have a gap as wide as the MR animal. Not even close. Animal is just not as good a likeness and whats sad is that it could have easily been fixed.

14. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Thats due more to the angle of the picture than the actual space though. And they are still much closer together than the replica. I get that they have to keep things under budget, but for 50 bucks more and the addition of jaw movement and better eyes I'd be all over this. Frankly Animal just dissappoints me. He looks like a wet dog.

15. I'll have a better opinion of him once I can see for myself. His nose seems a little small and he has a little too much hair from what I can see (compared to quite recent pictures of the official poser).

16. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

wow, it's too bad the mouth doesn't close. i was REALLY counting on that.

17. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I LOve those Animal pics!

Labrat, your pics have made me want Animal. He looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. One quick question for anyone out there. I want to order him from a website called thesabervault.com. Has anyone ever ordered from them and if so, are they good? Thank you guys, one muppet fan to the next. :halo:

18. MuppetCaper

I mean, he is not bad looking now that I got the hair right, I had to push down gently to get it to lay down. But do it carefully cause you do not want to break the feathers. The problem with his mouth is that his tongue is in the way and it is made out of like a rubber something....I don't know. I am going to have to work on his eyebrows cause there is a white line that shows where his eyebrows are glued. I am just going to get some flat black paint and fix that. Other than that, he looks awesome. I will take some pictures soon and put them up. Other than his mouth problem, he is awesome!~

19. MuppetCaper

They are a really good company. I have got things from them before.