Your Animal Replica Pictures

Davina

Reaction score
cute.. now you just need to make little parachutes for them... :smile:
and you can just tell people you're recreating the credits from the great muppet caper.. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is changing there pupils on there Animal. I look at pictures and I don't see that he is cross-eyed at all. Also, Terry told me that his pupils are suppose to be a half inch and no smaller. It just looks odd to me to see that Animal looks like he is cross eyed. :halo:
Part of the Jim Henson "magic triangle" of making Muppets is pupil placement. There is a specific measurement for them, but ultimately the pupils are individually placed and "eyeballed" by the puppet builder as to what is correct. Jim himself said that the Muppets eyes were to be "slightly crossed" and not "straight ahead" in order to create the illusion that the character is focussed and looking at something rather than ever having a blank stare. This applies even to Animal, but...it the key word here is "slightly". Over the years the Muppet builders have altered eye placement on some key Muppets (Miss Piggy's seem to change all the time) and the placement has evolved.

The one thing I have noticed is some modifications are shrinking the pupil size too much. That and the fixed -extreme- widening of the eyes doesn't look right to me. But I'll have to look at mine when it comes several weeks from now. I hope to be very conservative with alterations. I'll likely style around his mane with a minimal amount of water, sharpie the exposed plastic, change the pupils (if absolutely needed) and shade (but not replace) the tongue. :wink:

I hope his mouth can at least not be extremely wide-open. Does anyone know how far (in inches or cm) it is possible to close the mouth from top of mouth to top of bottom teeth as in this diagram?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Finally got some pics of my Animal... Oh, and they're hanging from the ceiling so my cat doesn't get 'em.
LOL, yeah. I'd be having some cat soup if our kitties ever messed with my MR Muppets.

You've got the pupil-placement looking great on your Animal! Good job. Can't wait to see Gonzo hanging up there too.

Oh yeah, you don't like Pirates do you? Hee-hee. I think I'll go watch Pirates 3.

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't know, it just looks really weird. Cause when you see pitures of Animal, I just don't see the crossed eyed part. All the mod pictures I see, he is looking at his nose. I have pictures of the original posers and there eyes are not crossed to that extent, infact, it just doesn't look like Animal. Here is a couple of pictures I have and you don't see his eyes crossed.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/Animal2.jpg

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah animal isn't cross eyed. You're right, he looks at his nose. Gonzo has been cross eyed.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
HOLY FFFFFF$u00A3£££££******KKKKKK! My Animals mouth has broken! I am very gental with my posers (even though I have pimped Animal), I was reopening the mouth very carefully and the upper jaw has become unhinged, leaving it unposable! I cannot be accused of being rough with it so I say this MR, you built a 98 % accurate Animal that needs home customs to make it look better that then breaks within 2 months AND ONLY FOR A FEW HUNDRED £ ! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG Im so mad.

goodrastus

Reaction score
What do you mean Antony? Had you been shutting it, changed the tongue etc? Or do you mean you were manipulating it for the first time and it broke?

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
What do you mean Antony? Had you been shutting it, changed the tongue etc? Or do you mean you were manipulating it for the first time and it broke?
I was opening it up. Not for the 1st time but it shouldnt have been for the last either. WORD OF WARNING TO ALL ......... be bloody careful with the mouth.