Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wasn't really planning on seeing this movie, but now I may have to. It's a shame that I recently got fired from my job as an usher. @*&#:grouchy:

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
Why is there so much oppostition to seeing this film? I'm not quite sure I understand the justification to advise someone not to see this film. Afterall, Kermit has a cameo, which should hopefully be some motivation for a small vote of confidence in this film.

I guess I should clarify my hasty generalization, but earlier in this thread there seemed to be a few people who advise not seeing Magorium.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unbeleivable. Kermit having a cameo in another film that does not feature Muppets in anyway? And not like a TV appearance, or like what they did in Rocky 3 (showing a clip redubbed to say "Rocky Balboa") This is quite amazing. And it isn't even a Disney film. This has got to be a first.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yep, the first time that a Muppet made a real cameo (not counting Kermit's redubbed lines in Rocky III, or Kermit and Miss Piggy being credited in An American Werewolf in London) in a non-Muppet film. The Looney Tunes characters have occassionally made cameos in mostly live-action films, such as Two Guys from Texas, My Dream is Yours, and Gremlins II (I'm not gonna count Who Framed Roger Rabbit).

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I never thought I see Kermit the Frog in a non-Muppet movie as a cameo appearence......that is AWSOME! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Don't see that movie! I'm tellin' ya! They got rid of Kathy Greenwood like she was a kleenex full of snot!
Just because KG isnt in the movie doesnt mean you need to tell people not to see it. But the movie hasnt been given the best reviews, so im not waising money to see about a minute of kermit on the big screen, sorry.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Unbeleivable. Kermit having a cameo in another film that does not feature Muppets in anyway? And not like a TV appearance, or like what they did in Rocky 3 (showing a clip redubbed to say "Rocky Balboa") This is quite amazing. And it isn't even a Disney film. This has got to be a first.
Yeah, this sound really cool. Unfortunately, this movie doesn't look that good. None of the trailers look good and the special effects suck. I may see it when it comes to the theater my friend works at (after it's out of real theaters) just to see that part. That way I don't have to pay! :stick_out_tongue: How long is the part and is it worth it? (Don't tell me what happens, just if it's funny or not)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually I thought the movie looked cute, I'm not sure why people aren't interested in seeing it. ::shrugs:: :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
...None of the trailers look good and the special effects suck.
:eek: What's wrong with the special effects? They look fine to me from the trailers. In fact it appears to be the main selling point of the film. I think today's consumers have become jaded. I can understand content criticism, but could you elaborate just what about the effects is sub-par in your opinion? :confused:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
or they could be sick of everything always being computer animated these days..