Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"If it has Hoffman, I'll see it! Sat through mediocre films like "Meet the Falkers" and "Hero" for him.
Wow, now THAT'S loyalty! lol

Considering there's a Muppet cameo, this is a no-brainer. And yes, a Muppet performer is credited at IMDB as well (at # 8 probably due to order of appearance).
Well I really do hope it's a good one. But I'll probably end up renting it, movies are expensive. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Originally signed on to play the character of Eric's mother in Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, but due to scheduling conflicts, she wasn't able to attend filming, and her character was re-cast with Rebecca Northan playing the part."

This sort of thing happens all the time. I thought that the D'snowth statement was implying that a writer or creator in the enterprise has been pushed aside. It appears to be simple recasting. That's no reason to boycott a film. Does the actress report feeling slighted by the action? If it has Hoffman, I'll see it! Sat through mediocre films like "Meet the Falkers" and "Hero" for him. Considering there's a Muppet cameo, this is a no-brainer. And yes, a Muppet performer is credited at IMDB as well (at # 8 probably due to order of appearance).
Well, they didn't even TRY to work it out... when she said she couldn't do it, they just dropped her like a hot tamale!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I do understand how you feel. If she were a "big time" star, they would have fought harder.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, don't worry, I've got plans to incorporate her into an episode of the new sitcom I'm working on.

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnd, go ahead, carry on with the original conversation...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, they didn't even TRY to work it out... when she said she couldn't do it, they just dropped her like a hot tamale!
I get whatcha mean. These days films are arranged and shot so quickly - and a lot times it shows. I don't think Kathy was treated like a boogered tissue, but she wasn't treated like a priority either. I'm certain the talented Ms. Greenwood will have many other opportunities. And because of this I will seek out her other works. :wink:

Ooh! By the way, Yahoo Movies still mistakenly lists Kathy Greenwood in the credits as Nancy. Maybe other fans will be upset after seeing it for her when she's not in it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I get whatcha mean. These days films are arranged and shot so quickly - and a lot times it shows. I don't think Kathy was treated like a boogered tissue, but she wasn't treated like a priority either. I'm certain the talented Ms. Greenwood will have many other opportunities. And because of this I will seek out her other works. :wink:
Make it easy on herself, visit my website!
frogboy4 said:
Ooh! By the way, Yahoo Movies still mistakenly lists Kathy Greenwood in the credits as Nancy. Maybe other fans will be upset after seeing it for her when she's not in it.
What other fans?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:eek: I remember her bits in QAF and Wonderfalls (a very underrated show). She'll be back in something. Now I see what you're saying - this was to be some sort of big break for her in a big budget movie with A list actors. I wonder what the conflict was? I would have dropped everything. Something seems amiss.

I'm still seeing the film. Just know that she is already in my home DVD collection with Wonderfalls! :wink: That was such a funky little show! I still have a crush on the bartender character in WF, but that's another conversation entirely. :flirt:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I enjoyed those two bits as well for the same reason: they both featured sides of her I hadn't seen before (before I saw these that is), especially in Wonderfalls because I never knew she act like such a ***** like she did there. Queer as Folk... yeah, I liked that she was... um... a little... slightly... "revealing"...:halo:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
funny you guys bring up queer as folk my mother just started watching the first season with me as i got it for 20.00 as a used store (can't beet a deal like that!) and now she's hooked she can't stop watching lol.
I could never think ever in my life would my mother watch such a show with me it brings tears to my eyes at how much she's changed.
And yes omg Wonder Falls my x and I loved that show it's such a shame it got such a bad time slot and wasn't given a chance.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Might I add that only a handful of Wonderfalls eps ever aired, but there are quite a few more on the DVD set. (I know the link goes to my favorite Wonderfalls actor) :wink:

QAF was great for a couple seasons, but lost me after that. Niche projects of that sort often fall to self-indulgence. I did, however, like the last episode ever. Won't give it away, but it was fitting. Anything else would have been trite. The UK version is still my favorite. If given the chance you might want to check that out.

I just watched the Magorium trailer over at Muppet Newsflash. Guess the cat's out of the bag from the description in the article. Didn't see any Muppets in the trailer, of course. Does seem a little bit Wonkaesque. It's like Willy Wonka meets Night at the Museum. I'm sure that's how it was pitched. Is it me or has Natalie Portman become beyond-the-stratosphere pretty? :excited: