Sesame Workshop launches video.sesameworkshop.org

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah good idea, I would be interested to see if that gets a response.

wiley207

Reaction score
I was surprised to find the Yakkity Yakkity Yak segment on this website! Much cleaner quality though it looks a little darker.

BTW, I know a trick that makes the ending even more scary! Play the Viacom "V of Doom" logo theme music during the scene where the Yak charges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7nWwaGbDE8

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I love this site! I've seen segments I havn't seen in years, plus stuff I havn't seen in English and stuffy I've never seen before. SW is doing a great job with exposing it's classic material.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking something for awhile, and I don't know whether it would be better to start a seperate thread for it or not. But how would you all feel if Sesame Workshop had people vote for their favorite video clips, and the top 25 most voted clips were included on a special DVD?

I could see some people wodnerign what the point is, since the stuff can be viewed for free on the website. I guess it could benefit those without internet access (believe it or not there are still people without the internet, even non-amish), or those with internet access but can't watch the videos on their computers. And who knows if thiss tuff will be on the website forever? I feel it would also be good to have my favorites on a commercial release as well. And the clips would probably be included without the website logo.

It would be interesting to see what kind of stuff would get the most votes. Would it be hardcore fans, parents who only watch the show with their kids, kids (who knows if kids would vote), or fans who don't know what is and isn't available on DVD?

Of course, for all this to work, the DVD should have some choice bonus features not available on the website. Like the top 5 most-requested clips for the site. Or some rarity like another of the test pilots or Out to Lunch. Or unaired sketches.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Didn't they do a similar thing on Noggin for the Sesame Street Unpaved special?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Didn't they do a similar thing on Noggin for the Sesame Street Unpaved special?
For that special, there were only four clips to vote on, and the winning clip was shown either during a commercial break or right after the special (I can't remember which). In a way what was doenw as sort of useless, since three of the clips were featured in the Sesame Street Unpaved special, and therefore fans would see them all in the special regardless (the clip not featured in the special was the season 7 version of Bein' Green, though the original season 1 version was included).

Taco Wiz

Reaction score
This video site is a great start, but it needs improvement. For starters, there needs to be plots/street scenes from episodes. Next, we need loads more sketches. At least twenty new videos should be uploaded a day for the next fifteen years. Then maybe we'll finally have every single Sesame Street sketch for viewing. And can you believe that the site doesn't have Oscar's hit I Love Trash? Infact, Oscar doesn't even have a button! No fair! At least Kermit's sketches are still intact. :smile: