Your Thoughts: Elmo’s Christmas Countdown

SillyRed

Reaction score
The "Do You Know What Elmo Know" and "Listen to what Alicia says" parts, those were funny, besides Elmo doesn't know that Alicia is not even the king.
Abby looked good in earmuffs, she was adorable(BTW I got a singing Abby today) Does ABC have to have Elmo sing "Do You Hear What I Hear" with a female on their network, that's the 3rd time! He sang it with Rosie O' Donnell Before, I suppose Alicia is a better singer than Rosie.

Brad Paisley singing "Jingle Bells" with Grover and the penguins was enjoyable

That rabbit harmonizing with Jennifer Hudson was enjoyable also

That Nutcracker Elmo thing was cool too.

It was nice to see Elmo sing with Sheryl Crow and Alicia Keys again, he sang with them before.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The "Do You Know What Elmo Know" and "Listen to what Alicia says" parts, those were funny, besides Elmo doesn't know that Alicia is not even the king.
Yeah but some of the kids in the audience are raised to know who the king is. I know it was meant to be a joke, but I just personally didn't find it funny, especially with the way the society treats Christmas lately.

But it's OK if other people liked it, we all have our opinions. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
My favorite part was when The Count was running Ty Pennington ragged with wanting more than 3 ships for the song "I Saw 3 Ships"! :big_grin:
(And yeah Snowthers..that song doesn't seem too Christmasy.)
Oh yeah..and Prairie yelling every time the guys from The Sopranos kept goofing up!

SSLFan

Reaction score
It was OK.......

One word for this special:

Good.

The special had it's good momments in my opinion. For example:

The bit with Big Bird, Snuffy and Anne Hathaway.

Elmo and Alicia Keys.

Ernie and Bert with those Sorpranos guys.

The CNN parody(with the recycled Lighting puppet).

Stiller the Elf.

Oscar singing bits from the classic song "I Hate Christmas."

Big Bird! Big Bird! Big Bird! (Sorry, I love that bird).:wink:

The special also had it's bad momments too. Like:

The lack of Zoe and Telly.

The street setting( what were they thinking?).

The Jamie Foxx bit( I expected more out of Jamie, I really did).:rolleyes:

Blaming Cookie for destroying the "Christmas Counter Downer" thingy.

Not singing "True Blue Miracle." Honestly, they kept say "christmas miracle" like a thousand times! I thought that was at least a hint that they were gonna sing it!

No regular human cast members( Gordon, Maria, Luis, etc.).

The guy who played Santa.

So, I would give this special a 4.0 rating. It was pretty decent. Now we must await the 40th Anniversary special!HAHAHA!:zany:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, what's up with that "hip" Santa?

Oh, and did anyone else besides me notice Lulu made a comeback in this special as a background muppet?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah there's too much emphasis nowadays on being "hip" and as a result, real emotion and innocence get sacrificed. I remember Jim Henson once said the key to his characters was their innocence, even when they were bad. I think that's what's missing nowadays, from many forms of entertainment.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah there's too much emphasis nowadays on being "hip" and real emotion and innocence get sacrificed as a result. I remember Jim Henson once said the key to his characters was their innocence, even when they were bad. I think that's what's missing nowadays, from many forms of entertainment.
Hear! Hear!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I taped it. I though it was a cute lil story! I think the Sesame Set was ment to look like a Pop-up book. and Oscar and that Elf singing a newer-ish version of "I hate Christmas" from christmas eve on sesame street was cool, it put a smile on my face when I heard it :smile: