Fraggle Rock Season 4 may not be released separately

muppet_dk

Reaction score
LOL they are out of stock on season 4....I hope it's because HIT are loosing customers to the Australian distributor of the sets...

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm glad I was able to get the word out to people about it on amazon and youtube :smile:

Davina

Reaction score
will region 4 discs play well on US machines?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Yes...if it's region free. If it's not then you can properly crack it to play depending on what brand it is, theres various sites that have info about doing that. On some machines all you need is a little code that you enter with your remote, other machines requires a little more advanced work.

Another option is to play the dvd's on your computer, theres various software that makes your dvd region free and will allow you to play region 4 without any problems.

Another option is that you buy a region free player, a region 2 player (Europe) or a region 4 player. Region 2 and 4 can be played on the same player.

Personally I only buy region free players, a funny thing about it is that in Denmark the cheapest DVD players you can buy are the ones that are region free.

Luke

Reaction score
As far as i know, Region 4 is PAL format (same as UK's/Europes region 2) so these discs will play for people in Europe. The USA broadcasts in NTSC which is completely different. It may be that the discs won't work on American TV's and just come up black and white or with wavy lines. Here in the UK we can play American DVD's as our TV's are usually NTSC compatible but as far i know it'd not the same the other way round in the USA.

I would wait to order until somebody in the USA has tried it!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm still going to wait to see if HIT comes to their senses, but if not I have a region-free player and will definitely invest in the DVD :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Have done some checking around, the Fraggle 4 disc will only work in the USA if the DVD player is multi-region AND has a built in Pal/NTSC converter so you need to check manuals for this.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
It looks like no replicas of the notepad and stuff will be included :frown:
I hate to be a bad news breaker, but we already knew this. The same with the fact that the Red short has been removed from The Complete Series set (due to probably being saved for another time).

Redsonga

Reaction score
Have done some checking around, the Fraggle 4 disc will only work in the USA if the DVD player is multi-region AND has a built in Pal/NTSC converter so you need to check manuals for this.
All I know is that my no region player did not have any fancy add ons and the AUS season four plays fine on it :excited: