New behind-the-scenes book to celebrate Fraggle Rock

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Of course they were magical, but I never thought of that as something I sort of had to go the extra mile to soak up, the characters did that for me by treating the magic as such and everyday part of their culture ^.^.
Agreed. The Fraggle culture was always straightforward, I thought.
The moment they all came across something new and exciting it was often the fraggles themselves as characters that made the story, not the whatever it was :smile:.
Indeed. The Fraggles often-musical interactions with one another, the other species of the rock, and the unknown helped make the series into the gem it was and still continues to be.

While the message was a part of the rock, it never came across to me as a dark one, it always seemed to be full of light and hope and magic , and not some forbidding serious thing that shadowed the show around...
Indeed. Just as Disney would have you Wish Upon a Star & The Muppets would try to help people find that Rainbow Connection, the Fraggle culture would always be one to get one to Dance [Their] Cares Away, so to speak.
Of course there were dark times when not listening to the message brought trouble and near death, but that nearly always came from the actions of the characters themselves rather than any dark nature of the rock IMHO.
Like Boober. XD
Of course there were dangerous places in the rock, but there are those in every world.
Agreed. The world as it is now in both the corporate sense and in the media sense proves as such.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Honestly, there's both humor and darkness about the show. Both are accurate and both are equally important.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Honestly, there's both humor and darkness about the show. Both are accurate and both are equally important.
Though true, the show was clearly meant to have a loveable & enjoyable, and yet, straightforward-with-no-strings-attached outlook.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It got a lot farther in talking about how its world works than many tv shows about other worlds that I can think of :smile:...
I think that is one of the things I like best about it, while there are still somethings that they could have added depth to, it had a real ending that felt right, not just something slapped on at the last moment :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. And that my friends is the type of magic that cannot be broken!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hi again, wwfpooh!

I admire Jim and company for having such a perfect, moving ending, even though it wasn't going to get the larger recognition it deserved, at least at the time.

zns

Reaction score
I just sent an email over to Insight Editions, just to see if there were any updates (plus I was bored today). I'll let you guys know what I hear as soon as I get a response. Hopefully it's still a delay nad not a cancelation.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, if anything, it'd be released around the same time that the movie premieres.