1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New behind-the-scenes book to celebrate Fraggle Rock

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by GelflingWaldo, Jan 22, 2008.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I bet this book suffered from what usually befalls other Fraggle products - the idea that there's not enough interest. I think that's bogus, but even Hit with their knowledge of healthy DVD sales tried to gouge the consumer fan base with the all-or-nothing final set.

I suspect the figures and the book will be released to coincide with film promotion and marketing. Be patient. It will come, but it is likely a year or so away. :smirk:
  2. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Yeah, IMHO I think it will happen, but it will take until the movie gets some hype and people start taking notice of the fact there may be a book, and it shall therefore get published.
  3. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I am so glad I only bought Season 1 and then waited for the complete set instead of buying them all individually only to find out I wouldnt be able to buy the last seaon as an individual set.
  4. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

I don't know that interest is a problem. Over the last five years, the show has only proven otherwise.

I think you're correct in that it should come eventually, but the single likely scenario is that they just want to wait for the movie. Unlike the DVDs, the book has to do well as a singular item and the release of the movie, when the franchise should be at peak exposure, would be the ideal time.
  5. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Even though FR is a strong fandom in our generation (at least on the 'Remember when?' and then you see a picture and it all comes back to you scale :) ) it still feels like they are a little unsure about it from how they have treated the newest DVDs :\...
  6. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I think the DVD's have proven themselves
  7. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Well, they stated on the latest press release that 1.3 million+ DVDs have sold so far. Sounds pretty impressive.

It could really be anything. The economy, the production company or publishers have maxed out their schedules, they changed their minds, they're waiting for the movie, etc.
  8. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I hope it is just that they are waiting for the movie but I do not feel very confident about that.
  9. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Zappa is still producing it I believe.
  10. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I believe that is right?
  11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Thats part of what is making me so excited about it and the prospect of it being incredible.
  12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Well the Fraggles will be in outerspace, so I think they get to strech the rules a little bit more than normal.
  13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Exactly, time again that proves to be a big issue regarding remakes (or similar types of films). :)
  14. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I really hope this is just a single delay. I hate when things go on the delay delay delay cancel route.
  16. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

AAAAAAHHHHH! Not again! According to Amazon, the date has now been pushed to August 12th, 2014.

You got that right, Jen! I been trying to tell you that I am not the only wembler in the world.

Why do the publication dates keep going further and further? :sigh:
  17. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Amazon.uk has this book listed as August 2015!!!!!!

So disappointing, can't wait for this book, beginning to wonder if it will ever happen!

Chris
  18. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Wow- well, if this ever gets published, I'll certainly be interested to see it. I love Fraggle Rock!:smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::busy::drool::jim:
  19. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Amazon in the US has pushed it back to 8/11/2015. *sigh* I guess it'll be released as a companion piece to the movie.
    charlietheowl likes this.
  20. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Oh, well. I guess it takes a lot of time for a behind-the-scenes book to be perfect. :smirk: