MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. I can almost picture them being more statute-like. Either they're sculpted in a fixed pose, or they'll just have a few small bits of articulation. Simple head, leg and arm stuff. It would be great to have them resemble the Great muppet figure line of ought2, but I highly doubt that it could. Heck, I'm still hopelessly optimistic we'll finally get a Sesame Street line in the future, dispite the SS line curse (every company went bankrupt except the one that decided to drop it).

I'm really holding out that these will be smaller, action figure sized things, instead of the 100+ bohemiths that usually are Vynal collectibles. I've seen Sababa Toys release Fat Albert Vynals and they cost only 13 bucks or so each. And even Japanese Super Mario Vynals cost under 20 bucks (and are only expensive due to rediculous import fees), while the larger ones are under 30.

If they are affordable, I will no doubt get as many as I can. But if they're really expensive, I'll pass and wait for someone to do a 25th anniversary PVC line up.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I don't care about articulation. Price, and now that you mention it size, are the main issues for me. Oh well, maybe I can expect at least one for my birthday in April.

Luke

Reaction score
I get what vinyl is now, its that shiny plastic figure stuff. yea they are usually more basic figures/statues. I'm still looking forward to them but i doubt they will be as detailed as palisades. Are vinyl figures hollow or is that rotacast?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I get what vinyl is now, its that shiny plastic figure stuff. yea they are usually more basic figures/statues. I'm still looking forward to them but i doubt they will be as detailed as palisades. Are vinyl figures hollow or is that rotacast?
Well, my experiance is that they are rotocast/hollow to some extent (the Fat Albert one has to be roto, cause a solid plastic version would weight a ton). It's a little softer than regular plastics, so there wouldn't be quite as much detail.

beaker

Reaction score
They are usually hollow, heres an example of popular vinyl action figures:
http://www.kidrobot.com/products.cfm?&dept=TOYS&typ=KIDROBOT

Yeah. I can almost picture them being more statute-like. Either they're sculpted in a fixed pose, or they'll just have a few small bits of articulation. Simple head, leg and arm stuff. It would be great to have them resemble the Great muppet figure line of ought2, but I highly doubt that it could. Heck, I'm still hopelessly optimistic we'll finally get a Sesame Street line in the future, dispite the SS line curse (every company went bankrupt except the one that decided to drop it).

I'm really holding out that these will be smaller, action figure sized things, instead of the 100+ bohemiths that usually are Vynal collectibles. I've seen Sababa Toys release Fat Albert Vynals and they cost only 13 bucks or so each. And even Japanese Super Mario Vynals cost under 20 bucks (and are only expensive due to rediculous import fees), while the larger ones are under 30.

If they are affordable, I will no doubt get as many as I can. But if they're really expensive, I'll pass and wait for someone to do a 25th anniversary PVC line up.
I hope they are of the smaller size, low price variety.

Then again, while every Muppet fan is obsessed with "Palisades" size, I will always champion the 1978 Fisher Price/2003 Jack In the Box Muppet action figure size. I had virtually every Palisades Muppet figure and had to sell/give most away due to limited space issues.

Last we saw a flurry of Fraggle Rock merch was 2003, in where we had everything from Fraggle plushes bundled with dvds, doozer pvcs, and all sorts of Fraggle stuff. Im hoping that era comes back soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Then again, while every Muppet fan is obsessed with "Palisades" size, I will always champion the 1978 Fisher Price/2003 Jack In the Box Muppet action figure size. I had virtually every Palisades Muppet figure and had to sell/give most away due to limited space issues.
Ain' it the truth. Basically, I'm just really focused on collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. or Galactic Hero size stuff now. That's why I'm pushing for someone making a new set of PVC's as well.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Personally the size of the Fraggle figures isn't important to me. Neither is the articulation. :smirk: I always felt Fraggles should be shorter than they are when compared to Muppets (even though that is not really the case).

I remember pitching a vinyl doozer that could be customized like a Mr. Potatohead. There are such types of toys for all ages from Kidrobot at Urban Outfitters and they are a big hit. :busy:

They just need to keep the price down. I hope they do. A line of PVCs would kick butt too. :coy:

Luke

Reaction score
I am also not worried about the size, its more price and materials that concern me. I'm not sure how nice they'll look in vinyl, it looks a bit cheap to me.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder how big the Gorgs will be compared to the Fraggles. I gues they will be at least slightly bigger, and not mega sized. There haven't been very many Gorg toys at all.

beaker

Reaction score
Ain' it the truth. Basically, I'm just really focused on collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. or Galactic Hero size stuff now. That's why I'm pushing for someone making a new set of PVC's as well.
You know what is absolutely HUGE right now?

Remember Battle Beasts? http://www.virtualtoychest.com/battlebeasts/battlebeasts.html

Well go to any toy store and you'll see Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel(Xmen, Spiderman, and all the Marvel properties), and now TMNT in almost exactly the same scale/style as Beast Wars.

The 2003 Sababa Doozer pvcs( http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Doozer_PVC_figures_(Sababa) ) are by far the best Fraggle Rock figures so far ever made.