1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Cosmic Cow, Feb 5, 2008.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I think there's only been three instances where you really get a feel for the scale of Fraggles compared to Muppets and Sesame characters: Muppet Family Christmas, Muppets Remember Jim Henson and Uncle Matt in Muppets Take Manhattan...so I definately remember them being about the same size as your average character. In the show they portrayed Gorgs allegedly as being massive, way bigger than a human or even a house.

2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Anyone else realize that they started releasing really cool Muppet vinyl figures...like, exactly 50 years ago?
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Wilkins_Coffee_vinyl_puppets

It's amazing that Muppet figures have been around for 5 decades(I wish they'd reissue those Wiltkins and Wonkins ones)

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I am not obsessed with Palisades size. Just the quality, choice of characters, and to an extent the accessories.

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Uh... vynals NEVER have accessories. Or at least they rarely do. Once again, an action figure is something made of a harder plastic, marketted with accessories, on a card and usually fit into the 6"-10" range. Vynals can range from 6"-10" like action figures, but they can also be 12" or more, and are usually boxed (some times bagged or carded- but on rare occasions) and rarely come with accessories. They also don't have the same articulation or detail (as they are softer plastic).

As long as these are affordable, I plan to get as many as possible. At least Wembly. There is no doubt that they'll release the Fraggle five, but when it comes to other characters like Gorgs or Travelling Matt or Sprocket, I don't think we should wait up for those just yet.

I wonder if they'll still be in scale with the Doozer PVC's.

5. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I understand the plastic part, but my main thing is that they get the fur right :) To me a Fraggle without fluffy fur just isn't a Fraggle at all (at least, if we are going to pay $29.95 or more :) )

6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

If they look really good, and although I'd prefer Palisades scaled action figures, I'm buying!

7. La Monstrua

La Monstrua New Member

Who do you think they will make? I hope they make...

Fraggles - Hopefully the five and Traveling Matt and Cantus too!

Gorgs-

Madame Trashheap with Philo and Gunge -

Doozers -

And Sprocket too!

Playset anyone?:excited: :coy:

8. La Monstrua

La Monstrua New Member

Dark Horse is the best! Their attention to detail is amazing!

9. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I never really cared for the Doozers, but I would love to see the Fraggles, Sprocket, and a Doc figure. Poor Doc has been so overlooked :(

10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

What, no Ned Shimmelfinney figure? *weeps*

11. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I don't remember ever seeing him in the series :confused:

12. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Cool! But "King Gorg?" They're actually putting out Pa Gorg before Junior? Heh, odd choice! Unless their wording is off, which could very well be.

14. Luke

Luke Active Member

Excellent news! Am loving rhe size, price point, distributor and most especially the LINE UP! I wish these were plastic and not vinyl and the blind boxing isn't great for us (but needs to be done probably to sell enough) but well, the possibility of chase characters makes me giddy. Hopefully although vinyl they will be detailed enough.

15. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Sprocket! :D *is happy*
    But the king and not Junior? Playing with them won't be as fun without him :(

16. RustyDog

RustyDog New Member

Stupid question, but does blind boxing mean that we won't know which figure we're buying, like mystery figures?

17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I am very happy about the figures but...

It has to be said - blind boxing exclusives is one thing, but doing so for the regular lineup is disrespectful of the fans.

I admire MINDstyle's stunning work but am not wild about their price points or business practices as relates to customers. This will just create an Ebay market and fan frystration. Companies need to understand how such things make their customers feel. I think Fraggle figures would sell just fine without this blind boxing (which I see as another form of bait-and-switch business). Muppet and Fraggle fans aren't the typical collector. Things done with Star Wars and other such genre figures might not work with the average Henson fan. :smirk:

I'm not sure about the letters thing. It sounds more like Sesame Street than Fraggles to me, but we'll see. :coy:

That being said, I am still very happy about this. And the Trash Heap! Wow! :excited:

Also - do you think there will be a way to skip the blind box if they package the entire sets together?

18. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I am excited that there will be a Trash heap figure, who hasnt been made before, but I dont like the lucky dip aspect of it.

19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

What are Blind boxing about? Does that mean you won't be able to see into the box and won't know what your getting?

On the other hand i'm so honored to know that pretty much all 6 plus an extra fraggle too. This is going to be really fun.

Trash Heap will also be cool to see as well. Hope we get Philo and Gunge too.

20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Basically blind boxing means theoretically you could buy box after box wanting different figures, but keep getting the same one. Personally I'd pay a premium to avoid the hassle. MINDstyle should look into that.