NECA announces The Dark Crystal Figure!

Cosmic Cow

Reaction score
So far from Toy Fair '08, the only good news on the Dark Crystal front is NECA annoucing a Skeksis the Chamberlain figure:

http://www.figures.com/databases/ac...actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=458&nl=1

"On the horizon, figures in the works include a variant Beetlejuice with circus head and arms, a second Beetlejuice in red tux, Chamberlain the Skesis from Dark Crystal, and a possible 18” Beetlejuice with sound."

:scary: :scary: :scary:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Finally someone is making Dark Crystal figures instead of busts, statues or over-priced vinyl conceptual art masquerading as a figure of the Dark Crystal motion picture. I like Neca’s treatment of the Labyrinth property more than what I’ve seen of MINDstyle’s work with Dark Crystal and the current stiff-looking Doozer model they’re exhibiting at Toy Fare this year. His hands are open and to his side – not very doozer-like behavior to just be standing around without any tools. Maybe it’s just a work in progress. I can’t help but think that MINDstyle just doesn’t get the Henson fan market at all. :scary:

Ooooh, and Neca’s Hoggle is out there too! I’m hoping for some goblins, Ludo and some Fireys. They get first dibs on my fan dollar. Yes, even before Fraggles. I love them so, but I am waiting to see about the quality and hassle of the figures. I have a feeling when the motion picture finally comes out there will be more affordable and up-front (not blind boxed) Fraggle figures on the market. :excited:

Anyway, go Neca Skeksis! They really are one of my favorite Henson puppet designs. The fact that the other company didn’t start with them I will never know. :smirk:

Thanks for the report.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
NECA are turning out to be my fave toy company ever!
First Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles based on the comics!
& Now this! Wow they just keep batting a million with me.

CrystalBat

Reaction score
It is awesome news that neca will be making the chamberlain. Skeksis are definitely my favorite henson creature, although a garthim figure would be pretty darn neat. If Skeksil is scultped half as well as hoggle we will be getting one rad figure.

Telly

Reaction score
Isn't NECA made up of some guys from McFarlane? Neca's cooler cuz they actually have joints and articulation

Laszlo

Reaction score
That's great news but they stole my idea.

Laszlo

Reaction score
I just finished my Skeksis Statue about 2 weeks ago.
Strange coincidence...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just finished my Skeksis Statue about 2 weeks ago.
Strange coincidence...
Maybe you should send them yours and get paid for it! NECA makes some attractive stuff, but I can't imagine their Skeksis being any more beautiful than yours. Um...I hope it doesn't seem like I'm flirting with your Skeksis. He is rather pretty, though. :scary: