1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

NECA announces The Dark Crystal Figure!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Cosmic Cow, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Cosmic Cow

Cosmic Cow New Member

So far from Toy Fair '08, the only good news on the Dark Crystal front is NECA annoucing a Skeksis the Chamberlain figure:

http://www.figures.com/databases/ac...actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=458&nl=1

"On the horizon, figures in the works include a variant Beetlejuice with circus head and arms, a second Beetlejuice in red tux, Chamberlain the Skesis from Dark Crystal, and a possible 18” Beetlejuice with sound."

:scary: :scary: :scary:
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Finally someone is making Dark Crystal figures instead of busts, statues or over-priced vinyl conceptual art masquerading as a figure of the Dark Crystal motion picture. I like Neca’s treatment of the Labyrinth property more than what I’ve seen of MINDstyle’s work with Dark Crystal and the current stiff-looking Doozer model they’re exhibiting at Toy Fare this year. His hands are open and to his side – not very doozer-like behavior to just be standing around without any tools. Maybe it’s just a work in progress. I can’t help but think that MINDstyle just doesn’t get the Henson fan market at all. :scary:

Ooooh, and Neca’s Hoggle is out there too! I’m hoping for some goblins, Ludo and some Fireys. They get first dibs on my fan dollar. Yes, even before Fraggles. I love them so, but I am waiting to see about the quality and hassle of the figures. I have a feeling when the motion picture finally comes out there will be more affordable and up-front (not blind boxed) Fraggle figures on the market. :excited:

Anyway, go Neca Skeksis! They really are one of my favorite Henson puppet designs. The fact that the other company didn’t start with them I will never know. :smirk:

Thanks for the report.
  3. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

NECA are turning out to be my fave toy company ever!
    First Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles based on the comics!
    & Now this! Wow they just keep batting a million with me.
  4. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

5. CrystalBat

CrystalBat New Member

It is awesome news that neca will be making the chamberlain. Skeksis are definitely my favorite henson creature, although a garthim figure would be pretty darn neat. If Skeksil is scultped half as well as hoggle we will be getting one rad figure.
  6. Telly

Telly Active Member

Isn't NECA made up of some guys from McFarlane? Neca's cooler cuz they actually have joints and articulation
  7. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

That's great news but they stole my idea.
  8. CrystalBat

CrystalBat New Member

what was the idea that they stole?
  9. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

I just finished my Skeksis Statue about 2 weeks ago.
    Strange coincidence...
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Maybe you should send them yours and get paid for it! NECA makes some attractive stuff, but I can't imagine their Skeksis being any more beautiful than yours. Um...I hope it doesn't seem like I'm flirting with your Skeksis. He is rather pretty, though. :scary:
  11. CrystalBat

CrystalBat New Member

I imagine neca has been planning a skeksis figure for quite a while. There is a bit of a difference between statues and action figures, but I can guarentee that the sculptor will shoot for making the most movie accurate skeksis there is.
  12. Telly

Telly Active Member

I hope they do more characters!
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

FINALLY. For years all weve seen is expensive as heck resin busts, resin mini statues, etc. Its like, why?

And finally, here we go...Skeksis. Sometimes good things take patience.

I just wish that like Tron, NECA could rerelease these 1982 Dark Crystal action figures
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Crystal_action_figures

(seriously, some of those designs still wow me)
  14. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Thank you!
    I guess they already started with it. Plus I trust NECA making again an excellent product.
  15. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

Why didn't you paint the Skesis figure you made Laszlo? I'd love to see it completely painted and finished.

J.M. Prater
  16. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Aweome,

Neca always makes great figures, I'm also looking forward to their Princess Bride figures. There are my favorite toy company behind only the now no more Palisades.:scary:
  17. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

It will be painted... but not by me. Patience ;)
  18. Yoda Man

Yoda Man Member

19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ooooh! Skeksis friend! Yes. :scary:
  20. Fizzgig1977

Fizzgig1977 New Member

Imagine if this sells well within the cult classics range, then Neca may do a series based totally on the Dark Crystal.....all 9 Skeksis it would be awesome to have all them on display. Jen & Kira of course and the hero of the film Fizzgig. I reckon 22 figures should do it.
    1. 9 Skeksis
    2. 9 Mystics
    3. 2 Gelfings with Fizzgig
    4. Aughra
    5. Garthaim

I'd be well chuffed with them in my display cabinet. I think we should contact Neca with emails & show that there is a market for these characters