NECA announces The Dark Crystal Figure!

CrystalBat

Reaction score
I imagine neca has been planning a skeksis figure for quite a while. There is a bit of a difference between statues and action figures, but I can guarentee that the sculptor will shoot for making the most movie accurate skeksis there is.

beaker

Reaction score
Finally someone is making Dark Crystal figures instead of busts, statues or over-priced vinyl conceptual art masquerading as a figure of the Dark Crystal motion picture. I like Neca’s treatment of the Labyrinth property more than what I’ve seen of MINDstyle’s work with Dark Crystal and the current stiff-looking Doozer model they’re exhibiting at Toy Fare this year. His hands are open and to his side – not very doozer-like behavior to just be standing around without any tools. Maybe it’s just a work in progress. I can’t help but think that MINDstyle just doesn’t get the Henson fan market at all. :scary:

Ooooh, and Neca’s Hoggle is out there too! I’m hoping for some goblins, Ludo and some Fireys. They get first dibs on my fan dollar. Yes, even before Fraggles. I love them so, but I am waiting to see about the quality and hassle of the figures. I have a feeling when the motion picture finally comes out there will be more affordable and up-front (not blind boxed) Fraggle figures on the market. :excited:

Anyway, go Neca Skeksis! They really are one of my favorite Henson puppet designs. The fact that the other company didn’t start with them I will never know. :smirk:

Thanks for the report.
FINALLY. For years all weve seen is expensive as heck resin busts, resin mini statues, etc. Its like, why?

And finally, here we go...Skeksis. Sometimes good things take patience.

I just wish that like Tron, NECA could rerelease these 1982 Dark Crystal action figures
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Crystal_action_figures

(seriously, some of those designs still wow me)

Laszlo

Reaction score
Maybe you should send them yours and get paid for it! NECA makes some attractive stuff, but I can't imagine their Skeksis being any more beautiful than yours. Um...I hope it doesn't seem like I'm flirting with your Skeksis. He is rather pretty, though. :scary:
Thank you!
I guess they already started with it. Plus I trust NECA making again an excellent product.

JMPrater

Reaction score
Why didn't you paint the Skesis figure you made Laszlo? I'd love to see it completely painted and finished.

J.M. Prater

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Aweome,

Neca always makes great figures, I'm also looking forward to their Princess Bride figures. There are my favorite toy company behind only the now no more Palisades.:scary:

Laszlo

Reaction score
Why didn't you paint the Skesis figure you made Laszlo? I'd love to see it completely painted and finished.

J.M. Prater
It will be painted... but not by me. Patience :wink:

Fizzgig1977

Reaction score
Imagine if this sells well within the cult classics range, then Neca may do a series based totally on the Dark Crystal.....all 9 Skeksis it would be awesome to have all them on display. Jen & Kira of course and the hero of the film Fizzgig. I reckon 22 figures should do it.
1. 9 Skeksis
2. 9 Mystics
3. 2 Gelfings with Fizzgig
4. Aughra
5. Garthaim

I'd be well chuffed with them in my display cabinet. I think we should contact Neca with emails & show that there is a market for these characters