MASTER REPLICAS @ Toy Fair 08

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think someone was hired to take these photo's like a pro would. I think the purpose was to show other companies there products and get to man handle them. This Toy Fair was not for the public, so there wasn't no reason to pose them if you cannot touch them, or handle them.For examply, remember when Kermit was in a glass case, back then, he wasn't meant to be handle by the public, so this time around people all over the floor get to touch them and pose them just for the fun of it. :embarrassed:
I go to those shows all the time. The industry people don't bother touching stuff, its more they just look and people take photos for press. They would be better off having some kind of roped off themed display with some accessories because they'd look more attractive and the photos would look way better. Photos taken here end up in things like Toy News, License and other trade mags. Seriously, they need to hire a Muppet wrangler.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I go to those shows all the time. The industry people don't bother touching stuff, its more they just look and people take photos for press. They would be better off having some kind of roped off themed display with some accessories because they'd look more attractive and the photos would look way better. Photos taken here end up in things like Toy News, License and other trade mags. Seriously, they need to hire a Muppet wrangler.
Agreed with you on this Luke. If the pics are ending up in magazines then they should at least make the muppets look better, Animal looks like he just came out of the box:eek:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Agreed with you on this Luke. If the pics are ending up in magazines then they should at least make the muppets look better, Animal looks like he just came out of the box:eek:

But how many people out there other than us fans know how to pose a Muppet....not very many. So of course they are going to look odd or drunk like poor Fozzie. I wished I was there to help the poor bear. They could have at least put them together in a group and that would have made a world of difference.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
But how many people out there other than us fans know how to pose a Muppet....not very many. So of course they are going to look odd or drunk like poor Fozzie. I wished I was there to help the poor bear. They could have at least put them together in a group and that would have made a world of difference.
hahahaha:smile: Fozzie does look like he ahs been on a all day bender!
Yeah a group shot would be nice.

Luke

Reaction score
But how many people out there other than us fans know how to pose a Muppet....not very many. So of course they are going to look odd or drunk like poor Fozzie.
In New York? There are loads of ex-Henson workshop puppet wranglers with little work. Some went to Puppet Heap, some are freelance or working with other companies. Probably wouldn't even be much money for an hours work setting up a display. Probably about $100 or less to get someone to come in and do it, but it could be worth so much more to them in sales or publicity from it. People generally don't touch stuff at these booths unless they ask first, and even then theyre really there more to discuss deals.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
My Head hurts!

I am not seeing a clear feasible mission for the figurines. The likenesses are okay, but were handled better by Palisades. These appear to be more expensive and less dynamic.
I agree - I think that MR needs to go one step further than Sideshow/WETA and make ultra qwality figures in a fun, larger scale and familiar settings. More appealing,more personal and finally really a collectible. And my idea for the rats in every scene is key I might add...

... how these products (including the posers and figurines) have been marketed and displayed so far shows a lack of direction. That’s how it appears to me. I really want to like these. I hope Travis has good news.
I think Travis will fight the good fight for us all - I believe in him and he IS the ultimate Muppet fan - Ed might argue that fact but I envy Travis for more than his collection, he is doing it. - But It's halftime now... I say that accountability on the last release - Gonzo - needs to be addressed accordingly - Weather by going easy on us in pricing for a future issue or some other effort.

I also agree - These need to be treated like the SW line. Accurate replicas or stop defining them as replicas. I really think the compromise with the nose will stick with the line. And in the end we will see how that effects it's future. It's not like a 4" plastic figure that you can rerelease in another line - this is it. end of the line. So - Buy 'em to keep the line going - keep the landfill blue weirdo free... Let's see the Bear (QWALITY PITCHA'S) and hear something soon about him.:wisdom:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree - I think that MR needs to go one step further than Sideshow/WETA and make ultra qwality figures in a fun, larger scale and familiar settings. More appealing,more personal and finally really a collectible. And my idea for the rats in every scene is key I might add...

I think Travis will fight the good fight for us all - I believe in him and he IS the ultimate Muppet fan - Ed might argue that fact but I envy Travis for more than his collection, he is doing it. - But It's halftime now... I say that accountability on the last release - Gonzo - needs to be addressed accordingly - Weather by going easy on us in pricing for a future issue or some other effort.
I also think Travis will help boost the Muppet's momentum at Master Replicas. Your rat idea is really cool. Might I one-up you and say that each figurine should include a rat, penguin or chicken somewhere in the design or seperately added in the package.

I just don't get the relevance of these EM figurines or what they really add by way of design. I guess they are considered high-end because of their materials and pricing? I don't understand the selling point. As pictured so far these are not designed for my kind of fan. The speakers in the EM designs seem to be having more fun than the characters.

Things that excite me would be sets of bookends featuring Beauregard and George the Janitor, Kermit at his desk deep in thought or something of that sort. Just spit-balling here but the ideas really are endless! I really want to see stuff like that and hope this first round of figurines does well enough to bring such dynamic moments to us later.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Like I said though, I don't think MR is making these. I have a review coming up for there Nintendo products and I know that MR didn't make them. I believe that they are just carrying a lot of other companies products which is the Corgi side of MR.

But I am not really sure. MR seems to be going more toy collectables than replicas anymore. Which is sad to see happen.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Like I said though, I don't think MR is making these. I have a review coming up for there Nintendo products and I know that MR didn't make them. I believe that they are just carrying a lot of other companies products which is the Corgi side of MR.

But I am not really sure. MR seems to be going more toy collectables than replicas anymore. Which is sad to see happen.
If the MR name is on an item there's no passing the buck. They have say. To be honest, these seem like items that should be sold through the Disney.com store. After the initial sale of the Muppets to Disney the Mouse created a few products that directly reflected simplified versions of the Palisades designs. You can still find each of the EM Palisades action figures around online for twenty dollars or less. That's tapering off. Believe it or not the figures have never been more popular on the collector circuit. :eek:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
If the MR name is on an item there's no passing the buck. They have say. To be honest, these seem like items that should be sold through the Disney.com store. After the initial sale of the Muppets to Disney the Mouse created a few products that directly reflected simplified versions of the Palisades designs. You can still find each of the EM Palisades action figures around online for twenty dollars or less. That's tapering off. Believe it or not the figures have never been more popular on the collector circuit. :eek:
I totally disagree. MR was selling Kotobukiya Star Wars Statues when they had there license, they did not have there name on them. Sideshow sells RAW figures from Hot Toys on there site and Sideshow make there own stuff as well. Other companies do sponser other companies products. It is very tipical for other companies to hold other product lines. It is not a matter of passing the buck, but they do get a certain percentage of the profit for carrying there line. I have worked for many companies that have done this in the past. It isn't suprising that MR would be any different.