Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas Musical

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabauckham

Reaction score
I am THRILLED about this prospect! :zany:

I can really envision this working well. And it's basically impossible not to fall in love with the characters, story, and music in the piece. I mean, the whole otter jug-band thing is just so great. And let's not forget the bad-*** teddy bear.
:big_grin:

It's quite simply one of the most charming stories Henson ever adapted and produced. :halo:

Thanks for the information, everyone, and I look forward to hearing more!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
There is a bit of some new information posted on theMuppetnewsflash.com! It all sounds great, This should be a wonderful project!:smile:

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Hey Gang-

I'm doing an interview for the Henson.com Podcast about this project tomorrow. I'd love to get some questions to ask, so if you have any send them over to podcast@henson.com before 11AM Pacific time and I'll do my best to work them in! Thanks!

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
That's 11AM Pacific on Friday, May 30. Sorry I should have included that. Already got a few good ones.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas: A New Musical

As previously announced, The Jim Henson Company and Goodspeed Musicals are preparing a live-action stage musical based on "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas". The show is set to run from December 7, 2008, through January 4, 2009, at the Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam, Connecticut.

Featuring an unique mix of actors, and puppet characters from The Jim Henson Company, the show will also feature several all-new songs by Paul Williams (songwriter for the original special).

This musical was adapted for the stage by Tim McDonald and Christopher Gattelli; and is being directed and choreographed by Christopher Gattelli.

You can listen to exclusive sneak-peaks of two new songs ("Waterville" and "Keep Dreaming Alice") which were composed by Paul Williams for the show right here. You can hear these new songs, sung by the composer, while viewing some of the preliminary character sketches made by costume designer Gregg Barnes.

Tickets are now on sale for this show -- for more information, and to reserve your tickets, call the Godspeed box office at 860.873.8668 or visit the online ticket office.

Links:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um Greg? Where are the links to listen to the songs? All I get is some Macromedia Flash Movie text with nothing to click on to hear the samples. Thought I'd point that out, thanks for all your hard work as our #1 Muppet Newsman.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh wow! I hope that somebody here gets a chance to see this live!

Status
Not open for further replies.