Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well it was just an idea, I would also think that Bill Bereta would do a good job with Directing!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Barretta is the first choice that pops in my mind.
I think he would bring a lot of energy to the new Movie. I also think that Brian Henson should be involved in some way. Maybe as a producer, or even co Director. I always thought that Brian and Bill's friendship was a lot like Jim and Frank's

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Brian Henson is an awesome director, even better than his dad (hate to say, but it's true); this is partly why I was dissapointed when Disney bought the muppets; there's less of a chance of him being on board for a project.

What do you think the chances are of him being involved in future muppet films?

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I just hope they going to give Miss Piggy's angry eyes like the previous movies. Like this one right here::mad: Now that's what I call an angry eye pig.LOL!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Shot in the dark, but I personally wouldn't mind Tim Burton directing a Muppet film. He'd be a good fit for the Muppets if you ask me. The Muppets are just as quirky as his movies are and note that many of the protagonists in his movies are misfits/outsiders different from the crowd (Pee-Wee Herman, Beetlejuice, Batman, Edward Scissorhands, etc.) and if the plot of the apparent plot is a sign of anything, Kermit will really embody that the film.

unclematt

Reaction score
I never thought of Tim Burton but I wouldnt have a problem with him directing a Mupeet movie. The only thing is it would have to have Johnny Depp in it somewhere.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Shot in the dark, but I personally wouldn't mind Tim Burton directing a Muppet film. He'd be a good fit for the Muppets if you ask me. The Muppets are just as quirky as his movies are and note that many of the protagonists in his movies are misfits/outsiders different from the crowd (Pee-Wee Herman, Beetlejuice, Batman, Edward Scissorhands, etc.) and if the plot of the apparent plot is a sign of anything, Kermit will really embody that the film.
It is an interesting idea, but Tim Burton leaves too firm a fingerprint on his films for his skills to serve the Muppets. I mean, this is the fellow that reinvented the Joker and Bruce Wayne characters far beyond what most lifelong Batman fans knew as sacred and admittedly stayed away from researching the source material. I did enjoy his Batman, but as a fan of the Muppets I wouldn't want him steering them in his own direction. I wouldn't think he'd be interested either. I would like to see what his take would be on live action puppetry.

Evidently members of this forum have confirmed Tim Burton actually performed a Muppet in the finale of The Muppet Movie. :attitude:

Anyway, I'd bet on Thatcher topping the list of possible directors. We know he wanted Disney to enhance the Oz budget and release it theatrically so I believe this would be the next likely step. We also know he has range from the snarkier VMX to the candy coated LTS. It appears the Muppets are always themselves in his pieces but the real issue is with the written material. If that's good then Thatcher is a solid choice. Maybe not my first one because I'd like to see something fresh - but I'd still be quite pleased with his helming the film.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Brian Henson is an awesome director, even better than his dad (hate to say, but it's true); this is partly why I was dissapointed when Disney bought the muppets; there's less of a chance of him being on board for a project.
Well, Jim Henson s one of my favorite directors of all time. His visuals are outstanding! Though, maybe Brian's a bit better with performers (something I think Jim admitted wasn't his strong point). Jim Henson's visuals with Frank Oz's abilities directing performers were a perfect combination for The Dark Crystal.

My top three picks would be Brian Henson, Frank Oz and Kirk Thatcher. Though I would also love to see what Bill Barretta would do with the film!

Frank Oz did say a few years ago (well, maybe more than a few, but since Muppets From Space) that he would like to direct the next Muppet movie. Maybe?

Reaction score
As some of you may or may not be aware of, Disney recently announced that they would no longer be involved with the Narnia film series. This gives me a few doubts about the progess of this film, it'd probably be more risky to make a new muppets movie than another Narnia movie, but then again a muppet movie would have a much lower budget. I guess we'll all have to wait for that greenlight.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.