Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Commercials are a link to our past, and the jingles were much more catchier. I miss Mayor Mccheese and the Hamburgler
Hey! I miss commercials that weren't complete and utter ripoffs of The Office style humor. They AREN'T funny. The Office is funny because we have talented actors and writers that bring the show to life on more than just a realistic awkward situation level. It's a full experiance to watch the show. Watching commercials where people act awkward and nervous just makes the commercial awkward and nwervous, and unwatchable.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is it me or is that Tootsie Pop commercial with the boy the oldest commercail on TV right now?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Is it me or is that Tootsie Pop commercial with the boy the oldest commercail on TV right now?
That commercial has been on for ages, but now, they only show the Owl bit, whereas before, there was a Turtle sequence before the boy found the Owl.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Watching commercials where people act awkward and nervous just makes the commercial awkward and nervous, and unwatchable.
I think these kind of commercials are much better and funnier then the all the ones out now-a-days where people have to be the biggest jerks possible to get a product or what they want.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Anymore, just as long as the product or sponsor gets advertised, it is a job well done, sadly.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sometimes I don't ever know their ever selling anything. That is the point it had come too.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually I think there have always been commericals where sometimes you're not sure what exactly they're selling, lol! I think a problem nowadays is advertisers aren't thinking of making the customers FEEL a certain way when thinking of the product. That's the whole point of a commerical, to associate a nice feeling with a product. The attitude now is that nice feelings are cheesy and wimpish, so they avoid it. And I think as a result, commercials aren't as successful.