Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

snichols1973

Reaction score
That commercial has been on for ages, but now, they only show the Owl bit, whereas before, there was a Turtle sequence before the boy found the Owl.

One of the other commercials that's been on for a long time (it gets occasional airtime once in a while), is the classic Tootsie Roll ad:

Tootsie Roll Commercial - "The World Looks Mighty Good To Me" - YouTube

I just discovered the full-length Tootsie Pop ad, featuring Frank Nelson as Mr. Cow, with scenes and dialogue you don't see or hear anymore:

Classic Tootsie Roll Commercial - "How Many Licks" - YouTube

snichols1973

Reaction score
That commercial has been on for ages, but now, they only show the Owl bit, whereas before, there was a Turtle sequence before the boy found the Owl.
One of the other commercials that's been on for a long time (it gets occasional airtime once in a while), is the classic Tootsie Roll ad:

Tootsie Roll Commercial - "The World Looks Mighty Good To Me" - YouTube

I just discovered the full-length Tootsie Pop ad, featuring Frank Nelson as Mr. Cow, with scenes and dialogue you don't see or hear anymore:

Classic Tootsie Roll Commercial - "How Many Licks" - YouTube

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, thank you! I've never seen the whole thing! My entire childhood it was only the turtle and owl.

I still see the commercial on the Hub sometimes, but only the owl part and they have a completely new voice over for the narrator at the end for some reason.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's great to see so many classic commercials online, and I especially like the various YouTube compilations of commercials from certain eras. But there are also many commercials I'd like to see again that I can't find on YouTube.

And now, all of a sudden, I can't remember what I wanted to find. I know I'd searched for certain commercials, using as many key words as possible, and now I can't remember.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tell me about it. I was trying to find some WWE Talking Wrestler plush toy thing from the 90's, and I could NEVER find it. And I had such a great YTP idea for it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now I remember one of the commercials I couldn't find!

There's one from 1995 where a kid gives his school report, talking about his trip to Walt Disney World. Most of what he says sounds off-the-wall/made-up out-of-context (and he doesn't really specifically where he went), and at the end the teacher asks, "is that all?", and the kid says, "No, but the rest is hard to believe".

I remember that year me and my family went to Disney World, and I was hoping to do a report like that when school started. I didn't get that opportunity.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember these commercials various different celebrities did for HP back in the day, including this one with Shaun White:

Ah, MySpace. Who else remembers when that used to be a thing?