Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Those puppets are creepy XD I don't really know who they are since I wasn't born yet. Ollie kinda looks like one of those unique oven mitts.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They're from the very popular '50s TV show for kids, Kukla, Fran & Ollie. Fran was a real human being who interacted with them. The puppets were undeniably primitive, hehe, but pioneered the popularity of puppetry on TV and sometimes had socially conscious messages (I saw one show where Ollie ran for President and made a few political jokes, sort of reminded me of Rocky and Bullwinkle, hehe). :smile:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Ah, I see. My parents probably know who they are, being kids of the 50s :smile: Will have to ask.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! Hard to think that you would have ever had to pay that much for a VCR.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was watching an old tape today (from 1991 apparently), and I saw a very old, and a very cheesy commercial that I got a kick out of, see if any of you remember this one, or ever saw it...

ANNOUNCER: He vowed he'd return one day to prove to her their love affair with butter didn't have to end because of cholestoral.
WOMAN: Jimmy! You're back!
MAN: This is for you... *Hands her a corn muffin with butter on it*
WOMAN: *Tastes* I can't believe it's not butter!
ANNOUNCER: I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is the only spread made with real cream buttermilk for a fresh butter taste, but without the cholestoral.
WOMAN: *Hands him another corn muffin with butter on it* I found my true love...
ANNOUNCER: I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. The Taste You Love Without The Cholestoral.