Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

Redsonga

Reaction score
The did use to give me a warm and cozy feeling, most of all old toy commercials, it just made you want to hug whatever they were selling :smile:..

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The did use to give me a warm and cozy feeling, most of all old toy commercials, it just made you want to hug whatever they were selling :smile:..
Well a lot of it used to be stuffed toy commercials to a point. XD The only stuffed thing not worth cuddling with--besides the whole "boys don't cuddle" issue for some of us guys--was Teddy Ruxpin, because of the totally creepy commercial they used to try and market the toy with.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I had a My Buddy. By mom sold him when I was still a wee one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually I think there have always been commericals where sometimes you're not sure what exactly they're selling, lol! I think a problem nowadays is advertisers aren't thinking of making the customers FEEL a certain way when thinking of the product. That's the whole point of a commerical, to associate a nice feeling with a product. The attitude now is that nice feelings are cheesy and wimpish, so they avoid it. And I think as a result, commercials aren't as successful.
They also think that they're the Office, Napoleon Dynamite, or various internet videos. Everything has to be so in your face. But not in an edgy way, so it comes out totally artificial. Even kids commercials do this now.

Anyway:
Promo for Toxic Crusaders
GI Joe cereal
random commercials from someone's old VHS tapes

Redsonga

Reaction score
I had a My Buddy. By mom sold him when I was still a wee one.
Aw, poor little guy, the mental scarring:sympathy:! I still have all my old toys even my popple :smile:. Mine is the purple one with the green belly the boy is kissing:excited:, her name's Pancake...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I still have all my old toys even my popple :smile:.
Most of my toys I wouldn't let mom throw out: An original Teddy Ruxpin [the big one from the early 80's], a My Pet Monster plush [the giant, old-school one with the cuffs], several action figures from various franchises, most of the Pooh cast [duh], a Sonic plush, and few other assorted things, like sets of buildings and whatever.

Redsonga

Reaction score
My ma never threw out anything :smile:...
I always wondered, when you don't see ads for things anymore, like back in the day there use to be ads for doublemint gum, but they are still being sold, does that mean they are doing so well they don't need ads anymore? :\