Fraggle Rock Animated

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think I'd rather wait and see if Hit releases them. 40 bucks for 13 episodes of a cartoon that could fetch 20 if released here.... I dunno.

Redsonga

Reaction score
*lol* I've never waited for something I liked to come out in the US and I am not about to start now :wink: *Says the fangirl that got a japanese movie on a official Japanese DVD five years before it was even talked about here and paid $30 more :big_grin:*
Expensive? Yes.
Impatient? Yes.
Worth it? I think so! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
*lol* I've never waited for something I liked to come out in the US and I am not about to start now :wink: *Says the fangirl that got a japanese movie on a official Japanese DVD five years before it was even talked about here and paid $30 more :big_grin:*
Expensive? Yes.
Impatient? Yes.
Japanese media is different. There's all these crazy licenses you have to go through before you can sell it here... I'm sure that Hit would release the cartoon series over here, cheap. WITH extras. Movie's probably due out in 2010, so maybe we'd get it before then.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I think I'd rather wait and see if Hit releases them. 40 bucks for 13 episodes of a cartoon that could fetch 20 if released here.... I dunno.
With the animated series already digitized for the Australian release (and with DVD sales continuing to do well in the US), I would anticipate an American box set before too long.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, there's no doubt that they have a digital library of all the episodes. unless Marvel wants something out of the profits, I couldn't see any problem. And it was never an issue when the single disk releases came with a bonus animated episode (going so far as having them with Fraggle Rock Plus Toys).

Australia gets them a quarter to a year before us, albeit bare bone releases, so I'd expect to hear something about them after the next FR box set.

Vicki Fraggle

Reaction score
Expensive? Yes.
Impatient? Yes.
I hear ya girlfriend! Hooray for impatient fangirls!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yay! I mean we always get the real US version to in the end so it is not like we are hurting anything :smile:. I also do the same with new colors of Gameboy systems from Japan..It is my guilty pleasure :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
If, on the other hand we don't get it, I'd be open to importing and getting a region free player.

But I'm sure Hit has plans for it. And I'd figure that they'd have some special extra that the Austrailian copy just doesn't have. Maybe a copy of the animated series bible, a mini reproduction cel (like the Pinball number Count insert in Old School Vol 2), and maybe a featurette with voice actors or something.

It would be great to see them interview Rob Paulsen. he was Boober and Sprocket in this series. And a personal favorite voice actor.

If they plan on doing something special like that, the special features will be more interresting than the main program.