1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Animated

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Count von Count, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

I imagine Henson still needs a big-name distributor to help handle home video for their top properties, similar to their recent arrangement with A&E for Farscape.

It probably doesn't stand much chance until they strike a new deal with either a general distributor or a brand-specific licensee.
  2. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

Why not use HIT E.?
  3. Traveling Matt

They could go with HIT again, but it would still require a new deal. The old one expired last spring.

I personally think they should avoid HIT. They need someone who cares about the product they're handling.
  4. Count von Count

Ohh. I didn't know the deal expired.
  5. Traveling Matt

Yep. What I'd really like to see is Henson assigning someone to handle FR specifically. It would allow for better focus, with no need to try to find opportunities for other properties that just don't have the reach.

For example, I would have preferred if HIT had focused on a boxset of the animated series (never-before-seen in the US and already mastered for DVD in Australia) instead of releasing a second or third issue of Emmet Otter edited.
  6. Count von Count

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I think they indeed cared, until they found out the deal was going to expire, and the movie wasn't going to be made by 2009 or 2010 when internet buzz said it was to be. Same thing that happened with the vynals.

I really think that if things went according to that plan we would have indeed seen a FR animated box set... in fact, it didn't even need to be a box set per se... I've seen a lot of lower cost DVD sets featuring 13 episode Saturday seasons on 2 disks (Teen Titans, Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries, and George of the Jugnle- that had 17 half hours on 2 disks)... And they were all under 20 bucks. Heck... Lionsgate was able to fit 13 episodes of Ninja Turtles on one disk, and they retailed for about 10 dollars.

I mean, after all, FR animated was only on one season (13 episodes). And it doesn't have a single licensing issue, unlike Muppet Babies (with it's use of Columbia clips). Wouldn't have been a problem.

I just hope the next distributor has the same vision Hit did initially (they very well could have not given us a single season set, and just did 3 disks with 3-4 episodes on them each- no bonus features... no nothing- retailing for 20 bucks)... and they give us Season 4 AND the animated series.

Multiple episodes were posted, but Jim Henson Company took them down. They did it nicely, too... not a single account has been suspended (thankfully... FromDaBush had just too many other great things there). Thankfully they didn't touch my Benooni Berri Youtube Poop.
  8. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Oh lord, not HIT. They're already on my bad list for their season 4 stunt :grouchy:
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

At least they got that far... looks at Darkwing Duck's incomplete collection and Tick Vs incomplete Seasons one and Two and NOT THREE and curses Disney.
  10. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

^ Well, they did do better that Disney, I'll admit. I'm STILL waiting for them to finish Ducktales, and it's been what, 2 or 3 years since the last release?
  11. vaati64

vaati64 Member

I agree! I have been waiting about the same amount of time for the release of volume 3 of Talespin!
  12. Traveling Matt

Just the break we've been waiting for: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?p=768693
  13. Count von Count

I heard Fraggle Rock the Animated series Is Coming to DVD!
    Yeah! :)
  14. vaati64

vaati64 Member

Thats exciting! I can't wait! Where did u hear that?

EDIT: Never mind, I just found it on tvshowsondvd.com. Thast really exciting!
  15. Count von Count

Ohh.. Well I found it on tough pigs.
    It still is not on muppet new flash, i don't know why.:smirk:
  16. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i can not wait this is going to be great , i will be buying it the week it comes out for sure something i have waited to come out for years :excited:
  17. Count von Count

Yea! We have waited a long time. But the waiting still is not over:smirk: